Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I created a new website to aggregate all Duke 2.5 performance data

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
I created a new website to aggregate all Duke 2.5 performance data by mckaymotoworks
Started on: 11-07-2014 10:19 PM
Replies: 26 (565 views)
Last post by: E.Furgal on 02-13-2015 06:21 AM
mckaymotoworks

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2014 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mckaymotoworksClick Here to visit mckaymotoworks's HomePageSend a Private Message to mckaymotoworksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have collected quite a few bookmarks, thought it would be handy for anyone else interested in proven modifications for the 2.5L Duke. I have given credit to all the original sources, if you prefer I pull this data down or have any other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Also, to all the old schooler's, please feel free to add or provide any additional data that will be of some use. I know the common question is "why go to all the trouble and expense when you can just drop in a swap with more power per dollar" For me that's easy, I like to do things different, want to preserve my car as close to original as possible. And it's just plain fun doing things differently.

I appreciate this board, all the information provided to me, and the deals made in the Mall that's making my project possible. If we were all the same, life would be boring.
Worst case scenario, if it all implodes, there's always an Ecotec waiting in a JY somewhere nearby.....

Without further delay, here's my site: fiero151
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mckaymotoworks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mckaymotoworksClick Here to visit mckaymotoworks's HomePageSend a Private Message to mckaymotoworksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know some of you old timer's are sitting on a treasure trove of data, thoughts, ramblings etc.
Please share so it's not lost. Full credit given, PM me if you have something to share.

Later I will expand it with SD4 data
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See here: http://ironduke7.tripod.com/IronDuke.htm

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

mckaymotoworks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mckaymotoworksClick Here to visit mckaymotoworks's HomePageSend a Private Message to mckaymotoworksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

See here: http://ironduke7.tripod.com/IronDuke.htm

Oh yeah, I've got Ira's stuff listed with credit to him. Great stuff there, glad he documented it. Would be so lost without it. n
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mckaymotoworks:

Oh yeah, I've got Ira's stuff listed with credit to him. Great stuff there, glad he documented it. Would be so lost without it. n

Actually the Iron Duke performance tips shown on Iras website were written by and credited to S. Joe Wynman of Patterson NJ about 12 or 13 years ago when he was president of the now defunct Tri-State Fiero Club.
Ira may have followed Joe's plan in his performance Duke build. IIRC, Ira was happy with the result, his engine stayed together but he apparently received an offer for the car that he couldn't refuse and sold it years ago. If you want something different this type of build may be what you are looking for but it may be the ideal mod for those that want a bit more zip and wish to keep the stock appearance of their Fiero for car show competition. I believe that the 120HP Duke claim may have been an estimate.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

mckaymotoworks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mckaymotoworksClick Here to visit mckaymotoworks's HomePageSend a Private Message to mckaymotoworksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Actually the Iron Duke performance tips shown on Iras website were written by and credited to S. Joe Wynman of Patterson NJ about 12 or 13 years ago when he was president of the now defunct Tri-State Fiero Club.
Ira may have followed Joe's plan in his performance Duke build. IIRC, Ira was happy with the result, his engine stayed together but he apparently received an offer for the car that he couldn't refuse and sold it years ago. If you want something different this type of build may be what you are looking for but it may be the ideal mod for those that want a bit more zip and wish to keep the stock appearance of their Fiero for car show competition. I believe that the 120HP Duke claim may have been an estimate.

Yes, highlighted and noted who original author was.

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is my 2cents .... instead of spreading the data all over the WWW why dont you do an "Iron Duke all you wanted to know" thread here.... that way the data will never be lost in the years to come. I have seen MANY good websites disappear into interweb oblivion because of lost interest. I would suggest concentrate the data here on PFF and then you can spread the word via links.
I commend the hard work you are doing....
regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

mckaymotoworks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mckaymotoworksClick Here to visit mckaymotoworks's HomePageSend a Private Message to mckaymotoworksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Here is my 2cents .... instead of spreading the data all over the WWW why dont you do an "Iron Duke all you wanted to know" thread here.... that way the data will never be lost in the years to come. I have seen MANY good websites disappear into interweb oblivion because of lost interest. I would suggest concentrate the data here on PFF and then you can spread the word via links.
regards
Danyel

Good point, but I did choose the Wordpress format since it's stable and has longevity. I'll figure a way to funnel it back through the board.
Also will have a plan to pass the reigns if need be. Thanks for the feedback!

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
your missing the 2.5 gm iron duck that is used in the chrysler jeeps up to 2009 it is an iron duke with a better flowing head than the gm but still uses the gm bell housing bolt pattern
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

your missing the 2.5 gm iron duck that is used in the chrysler jeeps up to 2009 it is an iron duke with a better flowing head than the gm but still uses the gm bell housing bolt pattern

I was under the impression that the Crapler/AMC 2.5 was an entirely different engine, even though it uses the same bellhousing.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One thing I did to my stock duke was drill out the cap over the fuel pressure regulator adjustment screw and turn up the fuel pressure a few turns. This is something I found by searching the archives here. It helped throttle response
PFF
System Bot
mckaymotoworks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mckaymotoworksClick Here to visit mckaymotoworks's HomePageSend a Private Message to mckaymotoworksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Csjag:

One thing I did to my stock duke was drill out the cap over the fuel pressure regulator adjustment screw and turn up the fuel pressure a few turns. This is something I found by searching the archives here. It helped throttle response

Thanks, great tip.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ericjon262:

I was under the impression that the Crapler/AMC 2.5 was an entirely different engine, even though it uses the same bellhousing.

the blocks are the same the only thing Chrysler did was update the cylinder head for better air flow
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Video of a performance Duke here:
http://www.moviesandtv.vide...mss4rS/comments.html

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I notice that the Jeep engine is already rated at 120 hp. I wonder if anyone has put one in a Fiero.

Ventura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VenturaSend a Private Message to VenturaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The 2.5 used in the later jeeps is an entirely different engine. It would be almost impossible to put one in a Fiero. As a matter of fact, it is impossible to put one in a Fiero.
Josh52894

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Josh52894Send a Private Message to Josh52894Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a great link to share with you guys later on when i get home.
kristinagalloway

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kristinagallowaySend a Private Message to kristinagallowayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All data on the links given here are very useful. Kudos
Ventura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VenturaSend a Private Message to VenturaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was looking through the website and noticed the picture of the 552 casting head. That is a picture of the head I bought off of Ebay for $79. That head is now on my '84.
mckaymotoworks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mckaymotoworksClick Here to visit mckaymotoworks's HomePageSend a Private Message to mckaymotoworksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ventura:

I was looking through the website and noticed the picture of the 552 casting head. That is a picture of the head I bought off of Ebay for $79. That head is now on my '84.

Yep, seller in Indiana? very nice guy if so.
I hope the buyer of my Fiero takes my advice, goes this route.
Looks like they'll continue where I am leaving off.

Josh52894

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Josh52894Send a Private Message to Josh52894Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
most of this thread is pretty much guesswork and misinformation, just scroll down till a guy named stroker s10 starts posting, its longwinded and on a s10 forum and there is a buttload of information.

http://www.s10forum.com/for...-differences-392998/
PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2015 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Josh52894:

most of this thread is pretty much guesswork and misinformation, just scroll down till a guy named stroker s10 starts posting, its longwinded and on a s10 forum and there is a buttload of information.

http://www.s10forum.com/for...-differences-392998/

Thanks for posting, that's the most info I've ever seen on modding the duke engine.
mckaymotoworks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2015 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mckaymotoworksClick Here to visit mckaymotoworks's HomePageSend a Private Message to mckaymotoworksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Josh, that's definitely "Top Ten" material. I wonder if I can get in touch with him, I'd like to include his info for archival.
Unfortunately, I will be leaving the Fiero community soon, but would like to pass the torch. Anyone want to take over the Wordpress blog, keep it up to date?

I can add stroker's info, it will remain up until Wordpress pulls the plug.
mckaymotoworks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2015 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mckaymotoworksClick Here to visit mckaymotoworks's HomePageSend a Private Message to mckaymotoworksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mckaymotoworks

521 posts
Member since Jan 2014
I updated my page with strokerS10's invaluable wealth of info. Long winded and read, but worth the effort for those after something special and money to burn.
Ventura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2015 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VenturaSend a Private Message to VenturaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to clear up some more misinformation and maybe someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Only VIN R blocks will work in a Fiero. VIN E and A blocks from S10 trucks do not have an opening for the side mounted water pump.
Josh52894

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2015 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Josh52894Send a Private Message to Josh52894Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He has a really low post count so idk if he is active on the forum but im pretty sure his email is on one of those posts. I havnt read thru it in awhile.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post02-13-2015 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

regards
Danyel

welp, There was a great fiberglass forum, that everyone posted all types of great info on, as they always "assumed " it always be on the web..
only way to get to it now is the internet wayback machine
http://web.archive.org/web/...fiberglassforums.com

so spreading the info to more than "just" one site is a good idea.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock