Recommended Intercoolers for 3800SC by Fiero Vampire
Started on: 11-06-2014 08:22 PM
Replies: 6 (763 views)
Last post by: Fiero Vampire on 11-11-2014 08:47 PM
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2014 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking into Intercooler cores for my Series 3, I have found the 2 from ZZP Short Stack and Full Stack along with the Full Stack being sold at the W Body Site. Is there any other places that sale Intercoolers for the 3800SC?
Also is the intercoolers at ZZP worth the extra $160 (Personally leaning towards the full stacks because I don't see any reason not to modify the deck lid.)
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2014 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a ZZP full stack on a 3800 SC Series III and like it. I did not have to make any rear deck lid mods but this is on a Mera and may have a different clearance than a stock Fiero.

Nelson
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2014 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go with a full stack IC..Either ZZP or the guy off the Grand Prix forum. He also sells on ebay..
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While I run the short stack the full stack is considerably better. Look at the numbers on the ZZ Performance website. . The SSIC was easy to install and did eliminate all KR's with 11 psi of boost. I just didn't want to lower the engine and/or modify the deck lid so I took the easy approach. The other option is the phenolic intercooler that supposed to take intercooling to the next level. I know one guy running one and it is working well for him but know little about them.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Fiero Vampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I checked out the IC sold by the guy I found on eBay, his sales for abt $110 dollars more than the one sold by the W Body Shop but doesn't require modifying the lower intake which will save you a hundred dollars basically making it the same price. I did message the seller regarding the weight of the intercooler, and if his weight is precise, weighs 12lbs, .5lbs less than the one at the W Body Shop but is not as light as the 8.9 Lbs ZZP Intercooler, just not convinced 3.1 lbs is worth $150 more but to some it might be. Although I'm not sure what performance differences between the models, but what it's worth the ebay one is suppose to be of Phenolic design. At the moment I'm leaning towards the eBay model but Of course Black Friday/ Cyper Monday is just around the corner so I guess I'll have to see where the prices are then and make my decision then.
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im the guy Dennis referred to in his post, I purchased the phenolic ic from SSEILMNOP. I also purchased his ported lim and a few other items from him, His work is top notch, communication is great and he shipped fast I wouldn't call it an eBay IC..... It's actually cheaper if you contact him through the forum or email direct $550 for the IC with the bolts $150 for the ported lim. His name is Ed LaBarge and his email is sseilmnop@gmail.com. I have pictures of his parts if you need.
Fiero Vampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2014 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks JCircs I appreciate input and information.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock