Started on: 11-06-2014 04:42 PM
Replies: 14 (422 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 11-09-2014 12:03 PM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2014 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What options are out there for the trunk seals on the GT models? Any OEMs left? best option? Which should I stay away from?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2014 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doesnt infinitewill make them?
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2014 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not difficult to find.

GT trunk seals
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2014 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John, I have one of Will's trunk seals, and am very happy with it. In my opinion, it is a perfect replacement, and he has even gone through a few revisions tweaking it since I purchased mine a few years ago.
You will not find a nicer, or more honest person to deal with than Will.
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2014 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought 1 of Wills early versions of the trunk seal and it worked well, not so sure about the mitered corners - can't comment on the 'newer' versions. Fiero Store makes 1 that looks more OEM.

I still have an OEM one in a box that I would be willing to let go for a stupid amount of cash.

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 11-07-2014).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2014 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think $10.27 would be a good stupid amount of cash...plus shipping, of course!

This is all leading somewhere guys. I promise I will post a thread with pictures here in the next few days.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 11-07-2014).]

jon m

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2014 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
infinitewill's are a top quality product - save yourself the hassle of trying to find the cheapest make - go with his.

jon
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2014 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I think $10.27 would be a good stupid amount of cash...plus shipping, of course!

This is all leading somewhere guys. I promise I will post a thread with pictures here in the next few days.

Guess I should have worded that better.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2014 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep jon...sent Will a pm...just waiting on him to get back to me.
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2014 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought his as well but I did slightly tear the corner putting it on. The corners are not the easiest to get on.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2014 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We had discussed that. The factory ones seem to be more flexible, but more fragile also. I'm looking forward to trying one of Will's.
PFF
System Bot
mental floss

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-07-2014 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In about 1985 I bought an NOS windshield rubber for a 1967 Datsun roadster from a dealer. In 6-8 months it was cracked like crazy. Weather stripping dries out on a shelf in a bag too.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bought one from Will...awaiting it in the mail.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

John,

I have two of Will's seals on my Meras and am quite happy with them. I do not believe that you will be dissatisfied with this product.

Nelson
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have one as well. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 11-09-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay