TR 7?? Please by wayneman
Started on: 10-26-2014 04:18 PM
Replies: 18 (564 views)
Last post by: Angellightning on 10-29-2014 10:33 AM
wayneman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today I was stopped in Costco's parking lot and was told I had a really nice TR 7. I was caught off guard and said thanks, then laughed an told him it was a pontiac Fiero. At least he liked the car! LOL
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I collected TR7s before I got into fieros. They had a good frame and suspension. Drivetrain not so much. I had a 3.8 conversion that I didn't finish. Triumph fans hated them.
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well the 'Wedge" was the shape of things to come.
Joseph

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JosephSend a Private Message to JosephEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I raced a TR7 it was bone stock with my completely stock 80k mile 84' auto. Accelerated almost identical, but he edged me out top end each race pretty easily. After about 85MPH he just kept pulling. I'm assuming with a manual I'd have done better.

I like the TR7 car it was pretty cool, I haven't seen many of them.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2014 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Joseph:

I raced a TR7 it was bone stock with my completely stock 80k mile 84' auto. Accelerated almost identical, but he edged me out top end each race pretty easily. After about 85MPH he just kept pulling...

Each race must've been pedal to the medal for about five minutes.
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am building a 68 gt6 now,, I never cared much for the tr-7s

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a---sold
Northstar Rebuild

Joseph

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 04:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JosephSend a Private Message to JosephEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Each race must've been pedal to the medal for about five minutes.

Hahah!

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

Well the 'Wedge" was the shape of things to come.

LOL Remember the commercials? They were hilarious! The wedge shaped garages.... And then the eskimo guy parks his in a wedge-shaped igloo...

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmm, interesting. Actually the TR7, MR2 and X19 were on my list of possibles if I couldn't find a Fiero in decent shape when I was looking for one.

I still wouldn't mind a X19 in good shape.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 10-27-2014).]

pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Somewhat similar, but my 88GT's garage mate is my 73 MGB.
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think all the X19's have rusted down to dust along with all the 70's Hondas.
PFF
System Bot
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a '76 TR7...it was actually a pretty decent car.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

I still wouldn't mind a X19 in good shape.

They never came that way.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My first car was a '77 TR7. After I blew up the engine, I swapped it to a Toyota 3TC running around 15 psi boost. Just under 230hp....Sooooooo much fun!

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2014 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

They never came that way.

Yeah, but they have the potential to be made that nice. Assuming you can find one that isn't infested with rust and beat to crap. Well, even one infested with rust and beat to crap could look that nice with enough money, but I'd like something that's pretty sound to start with. I don't want something that I'm going to be spending a year or more to fix all of it's rust issues.
MarkS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2014 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSSend a Private Message to MarkSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I look at the V8 TR8's from time to time. They can be had for a reasonable price. Generally, I love Triumphs, owned a GT6 years ago. Fun little car when the Lucas electrics weren't smoking.

BR's,

Mark
GTMN

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2014 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember when the TR7s first came out in 76. I was in the Air Force and several Captains on base had bought them. Then 1st winter day below 20 degrees there were three of them stalled by the road on my 1 mile drive to work.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2014 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm one that always wanted a Wedge too. Unfortunately by the time I was able to drive I pretty much could not find a local TR7 that was in a driveable state unless it came from a collector = $$$.

I gave up on the X1/9 years ago.
Angellightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2014 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AngellightningSend a Private Message to AngellightningEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We've had several TR6's and own one now. TR7 drivetrain swaps are always interesting.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock