Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  My Fiero was invited to an invite-only car show hosted by a local radio station...

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
My Fiero was invited to an invite-only car show hosted by a local radio station... by Synthesis
Started on: 10-24-2014 09:24 AM
Replies: 18 (564 views)
Last post by: TheDigitalAlchemist on 10-27-2014 08:32 PM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A local rock/alt radio station morning show in the Minneapolis/St Paul area (93x.com) known as the Half-Assed Morning Show is hosting their inaugural "Average Joe Car Show", showcasing people's daily drivers and their rust-bucket cars that get them to work, etc...

Only fifty vehicles will be invited to participate out of several thousand that signed up.

My 1986 Fiero GT was one of them.

Photo courtesy of MinnGreenGT

She isn't show worthy by any means, but it's pretty awesome I got the invite.

This is shaping up to be a very big show, and the Fiero has representation there.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 10-24-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is great!! congrats and enjoy the attention.
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Way to go! You should get a lot of attention as you should be the only Fiero there. Nice looking Fiero at that.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool. Some recognition.
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent to Synthesis.....
Kit
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chris,

In reading their web-site, in appears other cars can come and participate. Yours is just part of a special group. Is this correct?

My son, a big 93X fan would like to bring his daily driver Fiero. Possible?

Jeff
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

Chris,

In reading their web-site, in appears other cars can come and participate. Yours is just part of a special group. Is this correct?

My son, a big 93X fan would like to bring his daily driver Fiero. Possible?

Jeff

Jeff,
I do believe this is correct, so bring it out. My understanding is other cars can show up, but only the fifty invitees actually get to "show" for whatever rewards they have...
I was asked to bring photo ID when I arrive, so either they are confirming identity of participants or they are planning giveaways for the participants...

I know I'd love to have more Fieros show up either way.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, I must be way behind the times here. When did you get the fastback and what happened to the red notchback?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got this car cover back when I first bought the 86SE in 2000... It was wedged underneath the hood on top of the spare tire at the time.
It is made for an aero-notchie, and not a fastback, but I can make it fit for the night.

This is the first time it has been on the car since I found it under the hood...

She's all washed up for the show tomorrow, just have to finish the interior in the morning.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Man, I must be way behind the times here. When did you get the fastback and what happened to the red notchback?

The notchie rusted out under the rear fenders, sadly. The frame had so much flex in it you could feel the car twist crossing speed bumps and railroad tracks.
The GT was purchased for 1700 with less than 100k on the clock last year, a week before my wedding.
It had a rod knock, so we gutted the drivetrain from the red car and tossed it in this one.
Did a full auto to 5 speed swap in about 18 hours, plus several repairs and upgrades to fuel lines/wiring as well as a battery relocation at the same time.
Also did a complete AC retrofit, including new compressor in that time window.

Couldn't have done it without seajai's help, so I have him to thank for a lot of work on my car.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kind of strange but I also had a Fiero that was invited to a car show in Florida (Black Diamond Invitational) based on my showing at the recent All GM Show in Silver Springs. In my case I am not certain how much of an honor my invite was since they wanted to charge me a $25 registration fee and this was the first ever "annual" car show they had. I do not think that I will be driving back to Florida for this show due to the distance and the fact that I have a grandchild due about then.

Black Diamond Invitational: http://www.blackdiamondranc...27&ssid=320458&vnf=1

I still like my car even if I do not manage to make this show.

Nelson

PFF
System Bot
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car you have there Nelson. That's one clean T top
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2014 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool have they said what other cars they are also inviting, model wise?

Hope you win something good, good luck.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How was the show?! :-D

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Cool have they said what other cars they are also inviting, model wise?

Hope you win something good, good luck.

Steve

No indication to me as to what other cars would be invited to the November 8 show. I am unlikely to be able to attend this one because that would mean three separate trips to Florida in a four week period and I have some things to do at home that have priority. As for the All GM Show, I managed to take a "Best in Class - General 1980 to Present" at the Silver Springs car show. There were more than 1500 cars there so I feel good about the award.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 10-27-2014).]

GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

How was the show?! :-D

My son made it with his Formula but ended up in the Marriot parking lost was so crowded. He and his buddy said there were some interesting cars. He didn't see Chris.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The show was a blast.

After attending shows where people were so hung up on every little spec of dust on their beauty (and who can blame them?), this was a refreshing change of pace to see cars with duct tape holding parts on.

Some of the cars were just plan hideous, some had zip ties holding the battery in place...

The show winner was a 1997 Buick Century as the "Most Average Car" at the show.

I have some photos over on Facebook that I'll move over here.

Sorry I missed your son Jeff.
The lot was completely full and they were overflowing into next door.
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was there any other Fieros? Did you get any attention and questions about your car? Just wondering because when I go to shows a lot of the older guys have seen are cars and know some facts about them (and I repeat some facts) but the younger crowd are always asking questions and most love the mid engine layout so its neat to get the different responses.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2014 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats, man! Glad you had fun.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock