Its about time... by RTingey
Started on: 10-23-2014 03:46 AM
Replies: 11 (417 views)
Last post by: RTingey on 10-25-2014 09:17 PM
RTingey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 03:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RTingeySend a Private Message to RTingeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I recently picked up another Fiero and I'm pretty excited. I have had an 87 fastback as my daily driver and I just picked up another from fieroguy123, (who is one great guy) and it is a 86 SE 2m6t. And I could keep talking but here are some pictures.

My goal is to get the turbo tuned so that it does not hesitate as bad. But even with the hesitation it makes my fastback feel like a snail.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ohhhh...nice! Let's see some pics of the engine and interior too!
chrissin712

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm glad somebody bought it. It was so cheap even I was thinking of buying it for a daily driver.
Nice car!
RTingey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RTingeySend a Private Message to RTingeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the interior, mind you I haven't had a chance to detail the car yet.

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beauty! What does the engine look like?
RTingey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RTingeySend a Private Message to RTingeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll have to get better pictures in a bit but does anyone have any stock manifolds for sale for the 2.8, this car has the sprint headers and the seams leak pretty badly.Is there anyone else that is running a haltech ecu? Im curious wether i can run a 3800 on this ecu.
RTingey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RTingeySend a Private Message to RTingeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright! Got quite a bit done today.I've got her moved into the shop, I'm looking towards mid December to get a nice air compressor to run my air tools, and I'd like to practice painting.

Into the deep...

Now to clean the next bay...
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RTingey:

Why was the underside of the decklid hacked up?
RTingey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RTingeySend a Private Message to RTingeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe the previous owner wanted to keep the engine bay cooler, so they installed a mopar six pack hood scoop on the deck lid...and an undersized spoiler? Hopefully i can see about getting s different scoop, (or a glass pane etched with the Fiero logo!). one that may have drip rails underneath so that water wont crack the manifolds so easy.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RTingey:

Hopefully i can see about getting...

I suspect the odds of finding one the same color are rather slim, but it might be best just to get another decklid (and paint it if necessary).

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-25-2014).]

RTingey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RTingeySend a Private Message to RTingeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The few things that I have noticed are aftermarket on this car are:
-Bigger Brake Booster
-Poly bushings
-Turbo
-Side scoops
-Radio
-#21 Injectors
And in also curious whether this car has a 2.8. The engine sits really high compared to my fastback and I am not sure whether or not this is caused by Poly vs. Rubber mounts or if the fastback just has a slightly taller engine bay.
And im going to have to take a look at the turbo because sometimes when i start it the turbo seems like it is not working, (no boost or whirring) I assume im going to have to rebuild it soon.

[This message has been edited by RTingey (edited 10-25-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
RTingey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RTingeySend a Private Message to RTingeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RTingey

28 posts
Member since Jan 2014

Originally posted by Patrick:

I suspect the odds of finding one the same color are rather slim, but it might be best just to get another decklid (and paint it if necessary).

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock