his and hers build thread in york pa lots of pics by heavyRfoot
Started on: 10-19-2014 07:32 PM
Replies: 16 (784 views)
Last post by: winger1955 on 04-18-2015 01:05 PM
heavyRfoot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2014 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heavyRfootSend a Private Message to heavyRfootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well as some of you may know already we just picked up a fiero for her and ive had mine now for a little over a year. well about 2 months ago my clutch went out in mine so I figured motor swap to a 3.1 in mine when I do the clutch. hers need some work for inside and motor and that good stuff. mine I also need to correct a few small body defects like were fiber glass is cracking and a few touch ups on paint. I don't have much to do with mine visually its more mechanically while hers needs a little of both. as some of you may recognize mine was once winger1955 here is the link with more pics then I have on this computer https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/066927.html.
now here is what we are starting with
http://i304.photobucket.com...76/heavRfoot/001.png
http://i304.photobucket.com.../heavRfoot/045-1.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com.../heavRfoot/046-2.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com.../heavRfoot/047-2.jpg
as many know after 27 years the red starts to fade and look nasty so we had to strip all the old paint and stuff off of the valve cover and intake which I have a pic of her doing here
http://i304.photobucket.com.../20141018_163657.jpg
she wants the motor to match the rest of the car and wants to keep the color scheme that is already on the car even though we are going to repaint it later on. so first layer of paint on her valve cover and second layer as well.
http://i304.photobucket.com.../20141018_174600.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com.../20141019_181712.jpg
valve covers out in the sun
http://i304.photobucket.com.../20141019_135321.jpg
its going to be a long process with me being gone nearly every week but they will get done. already have the 3.1 torn down to a bare block and her motor is close to the same
http://i304.photobucket.com.../heavRfoot/003-1.jpg
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Pegasus88GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2014 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pegasus88GTSend a Private Message to Pegasus88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck and keep us posted!
turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right on! Keep me in mind if you need some help, or another set of hands. I'd love to learn. Are you down for a gas tank pulling party one day? I'll cook!
heavyRfoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heavyRfootSend a Private Message to heavyRfootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbo86se:

Right on! Keep me in mind if you need some help, or another set of hands. I'd love to learn. Are you down for a gas tank pulling party one day? I'll cook!

Well right now we are just doing smaller things on hers i still got to pull the cradle from mine still and do some welding on it as well. Just mainly got to get more funds to really dig into them the way i want. But if we get a free weekend i know i would enjoy meeting up and lending a hand. Its just hard to get a free weekend when i spend most of my weeks up in new york and have two kids at home. But i might be able to pull something off.

And got a question about this swap. I know everything is plug and play other then the starter but will i have to have my computer reflashed since i want to go 3.1 with cam and roller rockers and maybe dawg mod along with opening the excaust. I know its not going to be 100 percent since it wont be tuned but will it still run decent on stock program
FTF Engineering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!

So when you were at the Fall show, you only had one, right? You were talking about getting a second one, but didn't have it yet?
heavyRfoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heavyRfootSend a Private Message to heavyRfootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FTF Engineering:

Awesome!

So when you were at the Fall show, you only had one, right? You were talking about getting a second one, but didn't have it yet?

Ya only had the one then she found herself one that needed some work. So im making her do the work to it to bring it back to life.
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2014 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As a fellow photobucket user may I give you the way to link your photos right into your posts rather than posting a link?

The last link they give you on the right will post your pictures right here on the forum and no one will ever have to click a link.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Well almost, you got some big pictures there, you might want to resize them before posting them here and that badge won't even appear. Keep up the good work and keep posting.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 10-22-2014).]

heavyRfoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2014 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heavyRfootSend a Private Message to heavyRfootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well got a little bit done this past weekend on mine. Managed to get the upper intake and the electrical undone just need to finish draining the coolant and oil and then get under it to undo cradle bolts. Then it should be ready to come out.
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2014 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
heavyRfoot...

Good luck with your project. We're here to help.

EDIT your first post to include your pics.

Type [img]your link here[/img] around your links and your pictures will display in this thread.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?
heavyRfoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heavyRfootSend a Private Message to heavyRfootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbo86se:

Any updates?

No sorry started to run a little low on funds but now that we r getting taxes back im looking at parts as of right now. Im going to finish stripping the blocks down this week to try to get them off to the machine shop to get bored and honed 30 over and also get the rotating assembly balanced once i order a small scale to do the pistons and connecting rods myself.
Is there anyone that has a good 87 flywheel for sale or know where i can get a new one for hers
PFF
System Bot
heavyRfoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2015 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heavyRfootSend a Private Message to heavyRfootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well have been ordering parts like crazy the last few weeks. So far for hers i have ordered- new piston and rings .30 over,cam,bearing,head bolts,comp cam push rods,gaskets set oil pump,timing set, freeze plugs, clutch kit. And i still got to order her new valve springs and valves. Mine i have order the same but for a 3.1 without the stock cam since im going to a 260 cam plus ive also ordered myself stainless valves fierostore performance valve springs and keepers, clutch kit moley rings. Ive also polished the heads a little bit on mine. Will be doing the manifold and y pipe a little later. Ive also ordered us new clutch pedals since i know the originals have a habbit of bending.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool projects

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 02-20-2015).]

heavyRfoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2015 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heavyRfootSend a Private Message to heavyRfootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well here is the update. I got her motor back from machine shop and together and about ready to go in. Just got mine out last night. Had to cut the front cradle bolts. The 3.1 block i had i found a major crack in it. Luckly i still have the 2.8 block and the 3.1 crank. I need to find a new cradle for mine now since mine is rusted out around the a arms. Ill try to get pictures later
FTF Engineering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2015 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like great progress! You got plenty of time to get one (or both) of them together for the Fiero show on June 27th at Carlisle:

Click here for info on the Carlisle Show
Click Here to Register For The Show

Or are you going to have to wear your special T-shirts again?

In any event, hoping to see you again.
heavyRfoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2015 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heavyRfootSend a Private Message to heavyRfootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FTF Engineering:

Sounds like great progress! You got plenty of time to get one (or both) of them together for the Fiero show on June 27th at Carlisle:

Click here for info on the Carlisle Show
Click Here to Register For The Show

Or are you going to have to wear your special T-shirts again?

In any event, hoping to see you again.

I may have hers running but mine i dont know yet so i may have to wear my special shirt again lol
winger1955

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2015 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for winger1955Send a Private Message to winger1955Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
glad to see you are taking care of 87gt. I forgot how pretty she is.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock