Started on: 10-15-2014 04:33 AM
Replies: 16 (771 views)
Last post by: Fieroseverywhere on 10-20-2014 08:30 PM
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 04:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone ever get/see one of these?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEEiyNgGmEk
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

Anyone ever get/see one of these?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEEiyNgGmEk

Hellooooo from Las Vegas.

Yeah I saw it & met Corbett back in '93 or '94 at the Knott's Berry Farm, Kit Car Show.

Kind of a nice car & real nice guy.

I didn't like the flat windshield but you didn't have a lot of choices back in the last Century.

The first time I talked to Adrian was in '90 or 91. He spent alot of the '80's building a Lambo 5000S kit for the VW floor pan. Reminds me what a mess the rebody industry was before the Fiero came out. At that time he was based out of Harrisburg, PA & had his Patriot done. He was moving out to Eugene, OR & then eventually ended up in CA. I lost touch with him sometime after he got to OR & before he went to CA.

I still have an original Patriot brochure that he was passing out at the show.

For the youn'ens out there brochures are what we had before before the websites on the Interweb.

I wonder what ever happened to him.

Archie
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting. I binged it and found a kit car site. Sounds like not many if any were produced.
GTMN

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was one of these for sale on e-bay a year or two ago, listed as a Fiero prototype. At the time I assumed it was a one off that someone had customized. I'm surprised to see that it was actually a produced kit line.
GTMN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

GTMN

355 posts
Member since Sep 2005
The hotel entrance drive that is shown in the Video looks to be the Fairmont in Newport Beach, Calif. I stayed there earlier this year, and recognized it right away when I saw the video.
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's looks a bit slow opening, but is/was cool looking for the time. Not so much for todays standards.
I was just browsing you tube and while watching I said hey that looks like a Fiero tach, then the engine shot and just laughed.

Edit to add: hey archie when you stopping by the club here?

[This message has been edited by sardonyx247 (edited 10-16-2014).]

hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember this from back in the day. I think there may have only been one. I had never seen another and the MFG had had some financial issues too at several points. They were making electric cars here in Ohio for a while and I think that folded too.

the styling held up about as good as the Testarossa in other words not well.

I remember when the Probe came out it made this look like a Probe with a bad body kit.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 10-16-2014).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

I remember when the Probe came out it made this look like a Probe with a bad body kit.

Here is that probe with the bad body kit.... from Back to the Future 3

More about the Patriot...

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/091754.html

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Check it out. It's the star car from The Last Starfighter in the upper right of the picture.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Edit to add: hey archie when you stopping by the club here?

I drove by a couple of times back in july. But it didn't look like anyone was in.

Since I moved into this house, I've been busier than heck getting everything moved from IL to NV & unloaded.

Going to try to get out there in the next couple of weeks.

Archie
sleevePAPA

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sleevePAPASend a Private Message to sleevePAPAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

I drove by a couple of times back in july. But it didn't look like anyone was in.

Since I moved into this house, I've been busier than heck getting everything moved from IL to NV & unloaded.

Going to try to get out there in the next couple of weeks.

Archie

Mid afternoon seems to be the best time to stop out. Let me know if you go over there? Ive been meaning to stop and visit for a while now

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Yeah I saw it & met Corbett back in '93 or '94 at the Knott's Berry Farm, Kit Car Show.

Kind of a nice car & real nice guy.

Did his hair really look like that in person?

I kind of like the style of the back of the car. A little dated perhaps, but then... so am I.

sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think everyone's hair looked like that in the 80s. Hairspray companies made a mint back then.

Yeah we are NOT morning people, weather dictates out hours, in July, we prob didn't get there untill the sun went down, and worked/played all night. Who wants to be out side in the deathray (err I mean the Vegas summer sun)
Now that winter is coming we will be there more during the day. As it will be getting cold at night, you know 60 degs.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think everyone's hair looked like that in the 80s.

I think you're confused with the 50's. Look at music videos from the 80's... poofy hair!
Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Personally, I don't care for the looks much, also was unpleasantly surprised to see that 2.8!
I would rather have an SLC.
superlitecars.com

[This message has been edited by Francis T (edited 10-18-2014).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know how I never saw this....

The front is nice, like he could sue GM as they stole the front end and pasted it on the C5 Corvette.

I love how he spent all that time on the interior and left the clunky Fiero gauges including the Pontiac flaw of the temp gauge pegging on startup.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 10-18-2014).]

Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drop down headlight doors......

He. The V8 intake is what was used on the 4.9.

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 10-20-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock