Started on: 10-14-2014 05:48 AM
Replies: 16 (991 views)
Last post by: hyperv6 on 10-16-2014 07:06 AM
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 05:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope this wasn`t someone on here.
RIP to the poor guy.
http://www.wpxi.com/news/ne...fter-accident/nhhm8/

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 10-14-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thrown from the car.....Must have not had a belt on. From the looks of the car I was hard but possibly survivable.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thoughts and prayers out to his family.
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is local to me, I just saw it on the news
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Hope this wasn`t someone on here.
RIP to the poor guy.

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a post from Facebook.

As many of you know, Don Coast of Rochester PA died yesterday while driving his gold 86 Fiero. I am overwhelmed with sadness. His neighbor told me he was very much a loner; kept to himself and never had anyone over. He was single, and not a widower. The neighbor's son saved Don's life back in Feb when he fell unconscious from low blood sugar (Don was 69-years-old and diabetic). I just stopped by Don's house and left gold flowers in the oil stain where his gold Fiero used to sit. And I gave the 14-year-old who saved Don's life months ago a Ferris Bueller Hot Wheels car, just like mine (an 84 Sport), which I drove there, on behalf of Don from "all Fiero enthusiasts". RIP Don Coast.
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a very sad story. A true fiero lover may you rest in piece.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Another news report. Seeing the damaged Fiero, and the tarp on the road... it's rather sobering.

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 04:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thrown from the car.?.?

Fieros go from 5 star crash saftey rating with seat belt on, to 2 stars without a seatbelt.

WEAR YOUR SEAT BELTS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!

is it too soon to say there is a good TIAC tail light and sail panel?.?.
Sorry I look at things different.

But again not to lose the people here,
WEAR YOUR SEAT BELTS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!
Just can't stress this enough.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He might have had a diabetic black out. RIP Don Coast
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Csjag:

He might have had a diabetic black out. RIP Don Coast

I watched the video and it looked like the highway had a set of skid marks. The skid marks looked as though the car just started spinning or fishtailing. I wonder if it wasn't mechanical failure like a rear tie rod or ball joint. I did think diabetic shock when I read TXGOOD's post.

R.I.P. Fiero driver.

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

PFF
System Bot
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP Don Coast.

I'm a believer of seat belts but they're not 100% all the time. Around 20 years ago a friend of mines younger brother was in a crash. Car spun around and was traveling backwards at a high speed and hit another car head-on (or in this case rear -on). Drivers backrest broke and he slid out from under the seat belt and out the rear window landing on the hood of another traveling car.

Seat belt still in tack and sneakers still on floor, drivers side. No, he didn't make it.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

[This message has been edited by Spoon (edited 10-15-2014).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spoon:

I'm a believer of seat belts but they're not 100% all the time...

Nobody suggested they were.

Watch some of those Arab high speed "drifting" videos on YouTube though and you'll certainly see the benefit of wearing a seat belt (and shoulder harness). I had no idea it was so easy to be catapulted out the side window of a vehicle until I watched a few of those videos. Gruesome.

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

is it too soon to say there is a good TIAC tail light and sail panel?.?.
Sorry I look at things different.

IMO, not the best thread to make a joke.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-15-2014).]

sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 04:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

IMO, not the best thread to make a joke.

I take it your the one who neg'd me for it?

Like I said I see things different.
And has nothing to do with my contribution to the forum, I shouldn't be neg'd for it.

[This message has been edited by sardonyx247 (edited 10-16-2014).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

I take it your the one who neg'd me for it?

I did no such thing.

I expressed my opinion in a respectful manner... and that's all I did.
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 05:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got neg today for something I figured it had to come from that comment.

Don't get me wrong, It tottaly sucks a Fiero owner died, and thus why I pushed the seatbelts.
I have seen the crash test vids, without a seatbelt Fieros drop to 2 stars.
With a seatbelt Fieros are one of the safest cars on the road.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spoon:

RIP Don Coast.

I'm a believer of seat belts but they're not 100% all the time. Around 20 years ago a friend of mines younger brother was in a crash. Car spun around and was traveling backwards at a high speed and hit another car head-on (or in this case rear -on). Drivers backrest broke and he slid out from under the seat belt and out the rear window landing on the hood of another traveling car.

Seat belt still in tack and sneakers still on floor, drivers side. No, he didn't make it.

Spoon

Nothing in life is 100% other than being born and dying

Either way your belt is your best chance you have.

The only way to prevent not getting killed in a car is not getting in one and that is kind of hard to do today.

I crashed my Fiero years ago before I wised up and bent the steering wheel down over the turn signal with my arms and face. I was lucky and just got bruised up. Many others are not as lucky.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock