Started on: 10-12-2014 07:49 PM
Replies: 17 (280 views)
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 10-14-2014 06:04 PM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay all you photoshop pros...go to town! We are trying to figure out what color to paint the rottinchop. We were originally thinking white but graphite and dark gray have reared their ugly heads as well. Really no color has been ruled out so get creative!

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Yes the pic sucks I know but if it can be done can you make the Rotin chop all one color? John is having trouble envisioning a color on the chop so I would like to see some primary colors on it for him to decide. Red, White, Blue, Black, and pink to mess with him...

Never mind the lack of tail lights, it is getting the one piece corvette tail light panel.

and front shot again this is just to get idea of look with full colors

Thanks!!!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 10-12-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John look at the nose, this is what I was talking about. I will prob shorten up the nose to represent this better

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 10-12-2014).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2014 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John,

This may be close to your graphite color and is on one of the 87 Meras. This paint looks good with the stock silver.gray/black interior.

Nelson
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2014 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What, no phoshopping? My artistic skills leave something to be desired, but I'd like so see what some others can do.
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2014 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if this link will work at all since it seems to me to be a mobile link but I am now leaning toward yellow.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j0e6TsT-yMA

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 10-13-2014).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2014 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heads up if I have to paint another yellow car my brains will explode!!!!!! The last 3 cars I have painted have all been yellow! NO!!!!!!!!!!
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2014 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't mind the yellow paint, but I like red for a Fiero or Ferarri.

Since this is a chop, black. Lamborghinis should be black.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 10-13-2014).]

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aside from photoshopping, see near the bottom of this page. The darker metallics or even the pewter colors look beautiful:
http://www.tcpglobal.com/Restoration-Shop/
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Okay all you photoshop pros...go to town! We are trying to figure out what color to paint the rottinchop. [...] Really no color has been ruled out so get creative!

Using Photoshop in this case is really difficult with the images you provided. The car is multiple colors right now. That makes it hard to use any type of transparency layer to colorize the car and make it look any bit realistic.

That being said, just have a look at THIS LINK. hundreds of color combinations to look through till something catches your eye.

Keeping in the white / gray wheelhouse, I particularly like the silver one 9 rows down:

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 10-14-2014).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another vote for black.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This one from "He who shall not be named" is very aircraft inspired. Love how mean it looks! maybe just a little darker graphite color...

http://www.madmechanics.com...tom-88-gt-fiero.html
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

John look at the nose, this is what I was talking about. I will prob shorten up the nose to represent this better

Jets i think that is definitely the way to go. it will make it look closer to Amida's nose, which is totally bada$$.
gen2muchwork

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gen2muchworkSend a Private Message to gen2muchworkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like white, but not bleach white. I vote a pearl white. My 2k prelude had a nice pearl white, and the cadillacs used a nice creamy one too.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gen2muchwork:

I like white, but not bleach white. I vote a pearl white.

Pearl is nice.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
White was the original idea. I think the current Hyundai pearl white was a player.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

White was the original idea. I think the current Hyundai pearl white was a player.

Have you looked at the link I posted above? It has every combination of grays, silvers, whites, pewters, and even other colors that may change your mind altogether.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Of course this is MY personal opinion... but I always considered white a color that one paints a car when they can not come up with a color. Thus do it in the total absence of color

Black was mentioned, and CAN look amazing. There is nothing that can compare to a black car with a good coat of wax. On the other hand, It is a VERY hard color to keep up with though. Wash it, and 10 minutes later it will look dusty again. Add to that all the custom body work done all over your car, black will show each and every of the tiniest and otherwise unseen imperfections.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm I like black then, since I know my body work....

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock