Started on: 10-11-2014 12:13 PM
Replies: 9 (514 views)
Last post by: jaskispyder on 10-15-2014 02:29 PM
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So i am just fed up with our gauge circuit boards. They are flimsy and are falling apart in the cars causing all sorts of problems. I have seen on many truck manufacturers websites like (lmc truck) that they have found someone to reproduce them. I am willing to pay $40 - $50 for a new board would anyone else be interested in this endeavor? Not looking to make a buck just get something reproduced that we all will at some time need a replacement of because they are in direct sunlight.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you can provide the circuit, I can likely have them made.

Do you have any pictures of them? I had mine out a long time ago, but I forget how simple/complicated they are.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here is where someone is selling a used one
http://www.wc-autoparts.com...inted-circuit-board/

it is a copper substrate between 2 pieces of laminated plastic. The plastic lamination is separating causing the contacts to hit each other causing problems with the gauge cluster.
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2014 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well there's always the option of going "point to point" rewiring. That's how it use to be in the old days, if you've got the time.

By the way I have one of those film circuit panels on my desk. Bought it on ebay years ago for that just in case moment. Think it was $15. shipped.
Appeared to be new!!

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I feel your pain! Mine is SHOT! I had to use electrical tape around a few of the copper tracers to keep some of them from touching.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Superglue......
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still looking for a picture of the actual circuit board

[This message has been edited by notwohorns (edited 10-14-2014).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like any Fiero part it's difficult to find a market for reproductions when there are still plenty of good used ones available. As a part of my Firebird plug and play harness I needed Fiero gauge clusters to canibalize. I offered $20 for any cluster working or not and my mailbox was flooded with them.
Joseph

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JosephSend a Private Message to JosephEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can make your own board, it's not always the best looking but it would work great and solve your issues.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one in my garage right now... and I will probably be tossing.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock