LED 3rd Brake Light by 355Fiero
Started on: 10-09-2014 04:00 PM
Replies: 6 (459 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 10-10-2014 12:21 AM
355Fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2014 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have done a search about these LED 3rd brake light availability and the only ones I see are from Fiero1Fan and TGL. I tried both web sites and nether work. Is there a place to purchase an LED 3rd brake light or does anyone know what LED panel was used and I can make my own?

Thanks
Don
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2014 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Solution mentioned in this thread I believe.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089208.html
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2014 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 355Fiero:

I have done a search about these LED 3rd brake light availability and the only ones I see are from Fiero1Fan and TGL.

TLG is now Black Top Racing.

However, I have their LED 3rd brake light and every time I think about it I want to switch back to the regular bulb. Its really bright but its much too pink!

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2014 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one from TLG/blacktop racing. I don't have an issue with it. Less heat, and plenty of light. I don't know about the pink. I see red...light.

I was specifically looking at it the other night as my wife was driving the car. It looked very sharp. I was also checking for visibility, because LEDs can fade over time. All good.

There is a thread on here where the guy was building these. I remember seeing the thread before TLG started selling them. The kit comes with a complete TFS housing, seal, & lens, so you may want to order without if you don't need it.

As I look, they have an ad at the bottom of this page.

Chris at then TLG hooked me up, but before you get all their LED lighting products, I will say that the white courtesy lights under the dash don't look natural. I should've used a different color.
355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2014 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the replies folks. Good links for the other LED replacement bulbs as well. Just starting to put my interior back into the project car so looking at these things now.

Cheers
Don
maybenot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2014 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maybenotSend a Private Message to maybenotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hi, i used a inch LED strip from amazon. similar to this one.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/pr...03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
i had my headliner out so it was easy to run the wiring from the brake switch. i took 3 "L" bracks and tucked one end under headliner and mounted the strip to the faces of those so they were facing out the back window.
they are plenty bright. unknown if they will fade or not as they are only in about 3 months.
//images.fiero.nl/2012

//images.fiero.nl/2012

//images.fiero.nl/2012/DSC_0310.JPG

//images.fiero.nl/2012/DSC_0309.JPG
hope these came thru

[This message has been edited by maybenot (edited 10-09-2014).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2014 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not the most elegant solution, but I did it with LED panels that I had on hand, and it came out well.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock