Scion Tc Struts by MiloFiero
Started on: 10-06-2014 09:57 PM
Replies: 6 (417 views)
Last post by: fieroguru on 10-10-2014 09:15 PM
MiloFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2014 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiloFieroSend a Private Message to MiloFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now i havent pulled any measurments or anything but searching through the internet and looking at a friend's Tc, it looks like the front struts appear have the same bolt pattern on the bottom and the top mount as the Fiero's rear. Not sure on length or the if the mount holes and bolts are the same. But has anyone researched into this or tried?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2014 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If your buddy has one, then just ask him if you can take his wheel off and measure the strut bolts. Anyways, are they cheaper then the Fiero ones or something?
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2014 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is your friend getting coil-overs and giving you his struts?

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2014 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be interested to know if the strut body was shorter
MiloFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2014 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiloFieroSend a Private Message to MiloFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ended up doing some research and the actual overall length is longer/taller on the Scion. I was actually just wanting to get info just in-case of future coil-over plans or since im considering bagging my car, possible air struts for my car. Just trying to throw some ideas out there. I know theres more of an aftermarket choice out there for scions than fieros.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2014 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MiloFiero:

... im considering bagging my car, possible air struts for my car. Just trying to throw some ideas out there.

There's universal "air over strut" kits to fit factory 2" struts (same as you'd do coil-over conversion)
http://www.airbagit.com/Air...ing-p/bracket-87.htm

Ends up looking something like this I'd imagine.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 10-11-2014).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2014 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to add a few key data points for anyone else who stumbles cross this thread:

Fiero strut fully extended: ~16"
Scion TC strut fully extended: ~ 20.5"

Also, the lower flange for mounting the upright on the scion has the bolt holes pretty close to the same distance from the strut tube top/bottom (not slotted for camber adjustment). The fiero one has the bottom bolt hole significantly slotted and well over 1/2"+ further from the strut body.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock