Started on: 10-03-2014 11:16 PM
Replies: 18 (607 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 11-08-2014 08:20 PM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2014 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Some people are just absolutely clueless. From HERE. Makes you wonder how they hold a job... or tie their shoelaces.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or possibly even drive...
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
But it is four wheel drive.....
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...and has the word PONTIAC molded into the headlight cover and rear fascia.
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-04-2014 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, if it's in as good a condition as the pictures look, and runs great with no mechanical issues and no rust (which might be a problem given it's in New York), then it's probably at least worth the asking price, given it's only 71K miles on the clock.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has a Chevrolet engine.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Someone must've tipped the seller off, as the listing has now been changed... but it's still apparently a "4-Wheel Drive" vehicle.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like it's never had the recalls done. It still has the trunk weather strip and the old intake snorkle. Could have been stored away for all that time. There isn't a lot of clearcoat fade.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-04-2014 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Looks like it's never had the recalls done. It still has the trunk weather strip and the old intake snorkle. Could have been stored away for all that time. There isn't a lot of clearcoat fade.

Or it was only driven ~2500 miles a year, kept in a garage, and cleaned/waxed regularly. There are plenty of Fieros that haven't had the recall done. The 85GT I have didn't have it done either. Granted it's been sitting for probably 15 years, and needs restored.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a pretty clean 85 Other!
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2014 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
”Other” make probably went out of business. Not a lot on the road, so probably not much availability of parts.

Perhaps this person doesn't know....anything. If they were expecting FWD and the rear wheels have power, they could've become [more] confused.

I went to look at a ”4WD SUV”. Upon arrival, it was 2WD. No transaxle, no shafts in front, no 4WD controls. The owner insisted I was trying to rip them off and insulting them, and that I was car stupid. Well, we lifted the SUV, front wheels did not turn. The owner then insisted that ALL SUVs are 4WD and everyone knows that. I insisted I wasn't buying the SUV, so couldn't possibly be ripping them off. The owner is now blaming me for making it a 2WD vehicle, and insists that I owe them what they originally asked for, PLUS more. I might also add that they had the wrong year. Some people.
PFF
System Bot
gmctyphoon1992

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2014 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gmctyphoon1992Send a Private Message to gmctyphoon1992Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

”Other” make probably went out of business. Not a lot on the road, so probably not much availability of parts.

Perhaps this person doesn't know....anything. If they were expecting FWD and the rear wheels have power, they could've become [more] confused.

I went to look at a ”4WD SUV”. Upon arrival, it was 2WD. No transaxle, no shafts in front, no 4WD controls. The owner insisted I was trying to rip them off and insulting them, and that I was car stupid. Well, we lifted the SUV, front wheels did not turn. The owner then insisted that ALL SUVs are 4WD and everyone knows that. I insisted I wasn't buying the SUV, so couldn't possibly be ripping them off. The owner is now blaming me for making it a 2WD vehicle, and insists that I owe them what they originally asked for, PLUS more. I might also add that they had the wrong year. Some people.

that is the most ridiculous story I have ever heard... if you have that kind of magical powers to turn 4wd in 2wd by lifting a car can you lift the rear of my car and magically put an LS3 in it?
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-29-2014 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gmctyphoon1992:

that is the most ridiculous story I have ever heard... if you have that kind of magical powers to turn 4wd in 2wd by lifting a car can you lift the rear of my car and magically put an LS3 in it?

I know a shop that can, but it's probably going to cost you like $20K.
Tuna Helper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2014 04:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I shouldn't say my favorite, but it seems fairly popular, is when a person calls their Dodge truck a "Cummings", even though it is on every side of the truck, and written across the top of the engine, and they have pictures of the engine in the ad.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey I have argued with a guy who said he sold these cars and did I know they were made by Toyota for almost an hour in my driveway this last spring, the stupidity of some people is beyond belief. He insisted he sold them new and was told they were made by Toyota, I showed him the Pontiac on the back and other places and he still insisted it was made by Toyota, I almost kicked the guy out of my driveway.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

He insisted he sold them new and was told they were made by Toyota...

He probably really, truly believed they were made by Toyota.

I remember when I bought my Cobalt. I was surprised by how little the sales guy knew about the Chevrolet lineup and its history and which models evolved from various predecessor models, which ones were built on the same platforms as other GM cars and which ones came from GM's Asian affiliates. Nice enough guy, he just knew nothing about what he was selling.

Once we become knowledgeable about a subject - any subject - its amazing to see how little the rest of the world knows about the subject. This thread proves it!

pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Hey I have argued with a guy who said he sold these cars and did I know they were made by Toyota for almost an hour in my driveway this last spring, the stupidity of some people is beyond belief. He insisted he sold them new and was told they were made by Toyota, I showed him the Pontiac on the back and other places and he still insisted it was made by Toyota, I almost kicked the guy out of my driveway.

Steve

Probably referring to the MR2, but if he sold them he should have known. Idjit.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been years since I've encointered a car salesperson who was knowledgeable about cars.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pcgold:
Probably referring to the MR2, but if he sold them he should have known. Idjit.

Oh don't even say that word, every once in a while we get juvenile delinquents here and one of the worst ones who's PO told us if there was anyway possible we could get an animal to neuter him while he was here we would be doing the world a favor.

He insisted every part off our 86 SE would bolt right on his MR2, he was dumber than a bag of hammers and at 17 already had 2 kids he made with 2 different girls both under age, hence his PO asking if we could get an animal to neuter him.

He couldn't smoke cigarettes and pound fence posts at the same, or anything else.

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 11-08-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock