Indy Fiero 1:18 by my-fiero
Started on: 10-01-2014 06:07 AM
Replies: 21 (933 views)
Last post by: E.Furgal on 08-21-2015 03:32 PM
my-fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 06:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my-fieroSend a Private Message to my-fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some spare time

The donor car (1:18):

After the first paint job:

end result:

The next one will be a FB whit 355 nose
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great!

Just needs one detail Paint in the black in the wheel spokes. It is easy with deluted flat black. You can fill the gap and wipe it off the facing. It gives the wheels more detail I did it on one of my standard paint 1/18.

How did you make the decals?
my-fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my-fieroSend a Private Message to my-fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello hyperv6,

I made the all the decals with a brother p-touch printer.
If you want, i can make some for you?

my-fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my-fieroSend a Private Message to my-fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

my-fiero

298 posts
Member since Dec 2002
This is for the next

And it will be a fastback

my-fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my-fieroSend a Private Message to my-fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

my-fiero

298 posts
Member since Dec 2002
This is a older one

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice! I really like this stuff. I have customed some hotwheels size cars but not 1:18 yet. I have that same 1:18 Fiero I planned to make look like mine. One issue I have is how to make Formula bumpers (or just live with it as is).
Also my other real car is a bumberpad, I wonder if the bumperpad plastic models bumpers will fit the diecast one?
I also wonder if the hood could be made to open....

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 10-01-2014).]

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Also my other real car is a bumberpad, I wonder if the bumperpad plastic models bumpers will fit the diecast one?

I think all the plastic kits are 1/24th or 1/25th scale which would be too small to exchange parts with the diecast.

Unless there's a 1/18th kit available that I don't know about - if so I need one! I'd love to do a nice detailed model like the one posted here.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by my-fiero:

Hello hyperv6,

If you want, i can make some for you?

I would like to take you up on your offer. PM me when you have time.

I painted one of these black and put gold lace wheels on it like my car and would like to do a pace car to go with my 1/18 Indy cars I have. I even have the 84 winner.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hyperv6

6001 posts
Member since Mar 2003

This is a older one

I thought it funny I was not the only one to do this. I have the same silver car on the same lift. I did not take it apart though. It does look pretty realistic. You need a little grease and grime on the engine or is this already rebuilt?

I really like the extra details. I may have to get to work on these again as I have a few extras and wanted to get creative on them.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 10-01-2014).]

davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey! That mechanic is Archie back in 85.You need to put a v8 on a cradle to make it official.
my-fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2014 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my-fieroSend a Private Message to my-fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM send

Originally posted by hyperv6:

I would like to take you up on your offer. PM me when you have time.

I painted one of these black and put gold lace wheels on it like my car and would like to do a pace car to go with my 1/18 Indy cars I have. I even have the 84 winner.

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2014 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

Pics?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2014 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Can that print any colors, such as gray or silver for Formula door text?
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2014 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pics?

You are going to make me climb up to the high self?

I will try to get some photos down loaded Friday for you.

I didn't get too radical just wheels and paint.

I have considered making another with a T top. I bought another 911 for the wheels. I would cut the roof and make a t bar and epoxy it in.
my-fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2014 06:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my-fieroSend a Private Message to my-fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, it just print black on colord tape
black on yellow (12mm 24mm 36mm)
black on red (12mm 24mm)
black on green
black on Fluorescent orange (24mm)
black on clear (24mm)
black on white (24mm 36mm)
black on fluorescent yellow (12mm)

and small
red on white (9mm)

Can that print any colors, such as gray or silver for Formula door text?

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2014 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THis is an awesome thread! Love the pics

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2014 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This started out like the silver car at the top. I painted the interior and did not get crazy with the detailing. I may do more on my next one.
Indydreamcar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2015 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndydreamcarSend a Private Message to IndydreamcarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would you be able to make me a set of the decals too? I've been planning to do the exact thing to one of these & I recently found this post. Want it match my Indy.
Adjustso3

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2015 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow this is really awesome ! What would you charge for a set of those Indy decals ? Where could I find the kit you used for the Indy ? I would love to get one to match my Indy. I'm sure the kit being in pieces and not finished wouldn't go over that well though. LOL !
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2015 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been a year since you posted the photos of the 355i bumper and mentioned it was going to be a fastback as well.... have you made any progress? I would love to see it. I have always been really disappointed that they never made the fastbacks in the 1:18, or in hot-wheels for that matter (Unless you count the armored one with the guns on it)
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2015 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, these are really cool! My only caveat would be that the man didn't get a photo in the empty engine bay.
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post08-21-2015 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can you make another set of indy decals

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock