Fort Wayne IN by ZombiePenguin
Started on: 09-30-2014 04:44 PM
Replies: 2 (211 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 10-01-2014 07:46 AM
ZombiePenguin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2014 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZombiePenguinSend a Private Message to ZombiePenguinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the neighborhood finally got the city involved with my '84 in my driveway, now ive got 20 days to either get it running or make it disappear, I have no place to put it that I can easily work on it to get it running.

Does anyone have a running duke I can put in my fiero just so i can move it 5 feet under its own power to prove to the prissy people of the neighborhood code that it runs.
or can anyone help me move it some place fiero friendly for a few weeks. I personally do not have my own vehicle to move it with.

or does anyone know of fiero friendly lawyers that can help me fight that since its on my private property they have no right to tow it. there is absolutely nothing in the neighborhood code about vehicles in the driveway, only a city code that states
"It shall be unlawful for any person to abandon any vehicle on any public or private premises within the city for such time and under circumstance which would reasonably make such vehicle appear to have been abandoned. No person shall leave any partially dismantled, non-operating, wrecked or junked vehicle on any public or private premises within the city. In the event of repeated complaints by neighbors or other third parties concerning a vehicle, which complaints appear to the Parking Enforcement Officer to constitute harassment, after the vehicle in question has been proven operable and not abandoned, to the satisfaction of the Parking Enforcement Officer, the Parking Enforcement Officer is not required to respond to every complaint which is made."

that private property bit bugs the hell out of me.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
G-Man

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2014 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really hate HOA Nazis. Although it will probably cost more for the lawyer than to drop in a cheap running Duke I'd say call around and see if you have a leg to stand on. It's the "non-operational" thing that's going to hurt you. As long as the car is titled, plated and isn't half-torn apart or on blocks, you should be allowed to park it on your property and not have to prove it's a running vehicle. Mine sat engine-less in my driveway for over two years and I never got any complaints.

How close are you to Sinister Performance? Maybe Ryan could squeeze in a quick engine change. Another option is to find a storage facility that allows storage of non-running vehicles and have your car towed there until you can afford to get it fixed.

Good luck. If I were closer, I'd give you a hand.

Gary
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So how long has it been sitting without being moved?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock