Started on: 09-30-2014 02:34 PM
Replies: 40 (2084 views)
Last post by: California Kid on 10-18-2014 05:34 PM
Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2014 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last Friday, Matt Farah of The Smoking Tire and /DRIVE channel spent the day track-testing my Fiero at a Speed District event at Buttonwillow Raceway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATE: Here is the full length video for DRIVE+ subscribers -- or you can get a 14-day free trial subscription:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6wZYvLluus

Here is the free, shorter version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVBLU1fhqnY

Another option is to buy the full length video a la carte for $0.99 on Vimeo. This works for international viewers too:
http://vimeo.com/ondemand/driveplus10/108641839

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was awesome seeing my car covered in cameras, and nice to hear that the car was fun to drive from someone who has driven everything from Lamborghini Aventadors to the Hennessey Venom GT.

I'm not going to post any spoilers, but the video is going to be AWESOME. Even if you don't have a subscription to /DRIVE+ ($4 a month) there will be a shorter (5 minute) video on /DRIVE channel, which is free. The one on /DRIVE+ will probably be ~10 to 15 min. I'll post the link in this thread once it's available. It should be up on /DRIVE in a week or two.

For once I get to come home from a track day and not have to edit any videos myself!

A few pics of my car covered in cameras at Buttonwillow Raceway:

You can also find a few pictures on The Smoking Tire's instagram page as well as on Facebook.

[This message has been edited by Steven Snyder (edited 10-21-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2014 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome! Congrats!
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2014 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool, I can't wait to see the footage. I don't have a subscription maybe I might even consider getting one just to see all the footage.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really cool! Congrats. Hopefully this will help more people see that these cars have some good potential for a reasonable cost.

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 10-01-2014).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool!

Did he beat your previous time around the track by much?
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Very cool!

Did he beat your previous time around the track by much?

Matt managed a 2:12 and I ran a 2:09 a little later in the day. The tires were pretty worn out at that point and the car was super loose. The dusty track didn't help. 2:12 with one day in my car and some extra weight is damn good, especially since he drove with the intent to keep my car on the track and in one piece. Matt wasn't driving at 10/10ths for the whole lap; he didn't want to push right up to the ragged edge and wreck my car on film! On the other hand, I didn't have a care in the world when it was my turn because they were done filming and I trailered the car. I had a few offs getting down to that 2:09, including one over Phil Hill which I wish I had on camera -- the film guys missed it by half a second.

I spoke with The Smoking Tire again on Monday and they said the footage turned out awesome. The video is going to be epic. I would expect to hear some comparisons drawn between my Fiero and an NSX or 911, or maybe the Elise. To my knowledge, this will be the only professionally-produced Fiero film in recent times that puts the car in a positive light.

[This message has been edited by Steven Snyder (edited 10-01-2014).]

jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm excited about it, I've watched a few youtube episodes and enjoyed it.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome! Can't wait to see the video!
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's an awesome experience! Is there a list somewhere of the mods from stock for your car?
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2014 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steven Snyder:
Matt managed a 2:12 and I ran a 2:09 a little later in the day.

That's got to make you pretty proud!

Can't wait for the video!
PFF
System Bot
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2014 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats! Looking forward to the video.!
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2014 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations Steven!

Our little cars are finally starting to get some recognition.

I can't wait to see, and hear, your DOHC swap at speed. Thanks again for all your recommendations so far on my upcoming DOHC swap.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 10-02-2014).]

lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2014 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's quite an interesting looking upper control arm...
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2014 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's awesome Steven.

Wouldn't it be a great film if you and I could get two Fieros out the cameras front and rear?

I'm probably slow as dirt now but you could hold back and make it look good!

Can't wait to see the film.
CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is going to be great.
Have always like your car.
3.4 DOHC are fun on the track.

------------------
Red 1988 GT 5 speed LQ1 Powered
Poly all around, Koni's and Lowered
Items for sale - cradle support - 3800 tranny mounts
http://s733.photobucket.com/albums/ww339/CC_Rider/

Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The full length version for Drive+ subscribers is up!!

There's a 14-day trial subscription if you want to do that instead of buying the month.

There will be a shorter, free version, up soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6wZYvLluus
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just watched the full paid version, it was totally cool. Can't wait to see what the smoking tire does. Almost makes me want to keep my 88 and drop a 3.4 DOHC motor in it.

Again congrats on getting a positive video for the Fiero community.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics For Sale $4000, Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Glad to see the positive observations, excellent video!
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I posted a link to the free, shorter version so everyone can see now without being a paid subscriber. Thanks for watching!!
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool car, thanks for sharing.
PFF
System Bot
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm Full Version for Free on Daily Motion.

http://www.dailymotion.com/qf41r

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics For Sale $4000, Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't expect the illegal dailymotion mirror of Drive+ content to be up for long..
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Makes me want to put that engine and suspension and brake mods in my 85 GT. Great video!!
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! That was cool. Nice job Steve. I want a racing Fiero now!
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That was very cool! Your car is an inspiration to all of us! Great Job!
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"...and it was built by a psycho, obviously!"

Matt was just giddy! You could tell he was having the time of his life.
I grinned the whole time I was watching. Good show, man! And nice work.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-14-2014).]

Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've always enjoyed reading your builds (whether it's here, RFT, or on your blog). I've probably never posted in them (I'm truly a lurker), but I have certainly read most of them! It's nice to see someone who not only pushes the envelope in regards to suspension mods but also track tests everything as well.

It's really awesome that all of your hard work was recognized this way!
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice,

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome
doublec4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fantastic video!

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

PFF
System Bot
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really good job man. Thanks for building that car so us, and others can enjoy seeing a fiero running at its full potential. I have stolen many of your ideas over the years, and I thank you for that.
Now if I only had a damn race course near me!
I FAR I

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome Fiero you've built Steven -- Well done!

Matt Farah was obviously very impressed, as he should be, if he feels your car compares well to a 90s NSX on a race track..........Tres Cool.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Hey man, that's a nice Fiero!"

Excellent. When my Fiero grows up, I want it to be just like yours.
FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the fire extinguisher in the foreground of the full video, about halfway through. Nice car.
Jims88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jims88Send a Private Message to Jims88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really enjoyed that video, nice job on your build!
fierojp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2014 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierojpClick Here to visit fierojp's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierojpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great Video! Thanks for the links.

Awesome work on the car too.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2014 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet !!!
fireboss

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats.. nice car and good vid and reveiw
CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome Steven! A great surprise on Autoblog.com today!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock