Started on: 09-29-2014 05:46 PM
Replies: 6 (519 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 09-30-2014 12:45 AM
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2014 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you use the exhaust shields from the Fierostore - http://www.fierostore.com/P...px?s=69513&d=388&p=1 on the rear bumper to help with the head? My rear bumper is not enjoying the heat from the tips and the paint is chipping right there. Would rather put something over that will prevent it all together as not much else I can do.

Let me know if anyone has ever used something different than those or what you would suggest.

Thanks,
Amir

------------------

Best 1/4: 11.7 @ 115mph
Best 60ft: 1.60

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2014 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It says it's for notchbacks, so I don't see why not. "84-88 Notchback Exhaust Tip Shields"
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2014 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are designed for the Aero package. I am not saying they won't fit, but you would have to try.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2014 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

They are designed for the Aero package. I am not saying they won't fit, but you would have to try.

Good catch. Saying "notchback" I would have thought they'd fit all notchbacks, but apparently it's only aero notchbacks?
So the fastback uses different heat shields?
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2014 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
P/N 69515
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2014 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dealing with a similar issue on my GT bumper. I started a thread on it here:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/094612.html

A product I'm looking into using on the exhaust tip tunnel area of my bumper:

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

i found a few STI guys using this product on the exhaust tip pockets of their cars.
http://www.heatshieldproduc...barriers/lava-shield
seems like it might be just the thing I need.

Hers one guys install of it
https://www.toronto-subaru-...exhaust-garnish.html

If that stuff can be contoured around that shape, the pockets for the tips on the fastback bumper should be a cinch.

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 09-29-2014).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2014 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The exhaust tip shields are for both notchback and fastback fascias. Only if they are aero package fascias. This means Indy, 85-88GT's and 86-87SE's. Bumper pad and 87-88 Coupes and Formulas have no place to attach the shields.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock