Interesting kit on kijiji (not mine) by Bridgetown
Started on: 09-24-2014 12:44 AM
Replies: 10 (339 views)
Last post by: nosaint on 09-24-2014 06:33 PM
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's novel! Never seen something like it before...
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it. Just needs a little finishing.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 09-24-2014).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-24-2014 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$12,900 CAD? That's very close to what you can get a real Esprit for, if you shop around carefully.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

$12,900 CAD? That's very close to what you can get a real Esprit for, if you shop around carefully.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Although I bet the fiero version is more reliable, easier to work on, and had more available/cheap parts.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-24-2014 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:
Yeah, I thought the same thing. Although I bet the fiero version is more reliable, easier to work on, and had more available/cheap parts.

Depends I guess. The Fiero version doesn't really look like a Lotus, but it has all the Lotus badging on it instead of the Pontiac/Fiero badging. Someone certainly put a fair bit of work into building it, but it's a one-off and from the pics, the quality/reliability looks like it could be a little questionable.

Plus the shaming you'd probably get at shows for a quasi-Lotus kit that looks like it's trying to be a real Lotus with the badging.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You would need to install a rear camera for backing out of parking spots and Dobey is right about the kidding at car shows.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-24-2014 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Csjag:

You would need to install a rear camera for backing out of parking spots

No worse than backing out of a spot in any other Fiero. Especially when two SUVs decide to park next to you. A back-up camera isn't really going to help seeing to the side. My truck has one, and it's not all that great. I very rarely look at it. Doesn't help that it feels weird looking down and forward at the center console, when backing out, either.
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wifes suv has an amazing back up camera. the 7" LCD color screen helps along with all the rear sensors. It did take some getting used to looking forward "as posted above". Works as well in the dark too!
mental floss

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-24-2014 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back in the spot. Pull out.
nosaint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosaintSend a Private Message to nosaintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOTUS....ya need to take that off says every Lotus made
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock