Lambo replica on ebay by wayneman
Started on: 09-23-2014 05:51 PM
Replies: 13 (562 views)
Last post by: VF1Skullangel on 09-28-2014 04:43 AM
wayneman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Car...lica%2FKit%2520Makes
Nice looking car but could do a lot with 50k

[This message has been edited by wayneman (edited 09-23-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wayneman:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Car...lica%2FKit%2520Makes
Nice looking car but could do a lot with 50k

Didn't see a lambo in your link .....
mental floss

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-23-2014 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know, you can buy a convertible Porsche 911 (996) for under 20K. You can buy one with a junk engine for under 10K and put an LSx engine in it and have a more reliable car than the Porsche.
The more I look at a Lamborghini, the less I like them. The space between the door and rear wheel is out of scale.
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Didn't see a lambo in your link .....

Guess I don't know how to copy link onto forum. I's in fieros on ebay. Sorry
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not a bad looking car...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rep...EPLICA-/221552616398

But even without the prices, I'd still go for this Murci over the Diablo... And the Murci starts at about half the price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rep...ielago-/291248248679
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't see the link either.... None the less, taking fiero's and 'destroying them' to make them into lambo kits just ruins the car.

It's like trying to make a football work for basket ball.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are actually a FEW TO CHOOSE FROM currently listed in eBay.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can put any body type that you want on your car and its still a Fiero. You can change the engine/trans and its still a Fiero. It still has the Chevette/Citation front end, the frame structure and the rear ( FWD) cradle suspension. These replicas are just fiberglass over Fieros!! Point is that you can modify a Fiero for better looks and performance but in the end its still a Fiero! If you like the look that's fine but is it worth $30,000-$50,000? You can buy an excellent used Vette, BMW or late model Mercedes for that.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

You can put any body type that you want on your car and its still a Fiero. You can change the engine/trans and its still a Fiero. It still has the Chevette/Citation front end, the frame structure and the rear ( FWD) cradle suspension. These replicas are just fiberglass over Fieros!! Point is that you can modify a Fiero for better looks and performance but in the end its still a Fiero! If you like the look that's fine but is it worth $30,000-$50,000? You can buy an excellent used Vette, BMW or late model Mercedes for that.

You may be able to buy a Vette, BMW or Mercedes for that, but they will still look like a Vette, BMW or Mercedes. Ho hum. There is nothing wrong with creating an exciting looking car based on the styling of a supercar. I'm getting ready to start my Murcielago build....I'm not aiming for an exact replica, just a high quality finish that is fun to drive. I'm not trying to fool anyone, and I don't really care if people think it's real or not. The car is for me to enjoy, not them. Of course for me, the challenge of the build itself is one of the best parts! I anticipate the build will take me between 2 to 3 years....and when I'm done, I'll start another project...
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That Murci replica actually looks great, but no side windows? Thats the first time I'm ever seeing that with a modern replica, kind of ridiculous no?
jwct7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2014 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwct7Send a Private Message to jwct7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ooh look, a Ferrari............. a Porsche.............. a Lamborghini.................. then the best 5 words in the English language........... WTF is THAT????? Precisely the reason I built my Finale. 5 years of nights & weekends, N* engine, coilovers, complete interior, all totally worth it for me. The best comments people say is "that's a nice CAR", not "KIT CAR" or any other derogatory terms. The Fiero is a wonderful vehicle for creating your dream, whether it is a replica or not, and the end result is a much improved car.
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2014 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jwct7:
ooh look, a Ferrari............. a Porsche.............. a Lamborghini.................. then the best 5 words in the English language........... WTF is THAT????? Precisely the reason I built my Finale. 5 years of nights & weekends, N* engine, coilovers, complete interior, all totally worth it for me. The best comments people say is "that's a nice CAR", not "KIT CAR" or any other derogatory terms. The Fiero is a wonderful vehicle for creating your dream, whether it is a replica or not, and the end result is a much improved car.

Eh, "kit car" is not a derogatory term. It's an accurate description of what you have. Whether it's a replica, a Fino/Finale, or a Factory Five Cobra/GTM/etc… If it's a manufactured kit to build up, it's a kit car.

Some people may not immediately know what it is for certain kits, but that doesn't change the fact. If they ask what it is, and you describe it to them, the answer is that it's a Finale kit for the Fiero.

When people ask at shows how the LS3 fits in the Fiero, for the three swaps that exist locally here, we tell them "there's a kit for it," and there's nothing wrong or derogatory about that at all. It is what it is.
VF1Skullangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2014 04:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VF1SkullangelClick Here to visit VF1Skullangel's HomePageSend a Private Message to VF1SkullangelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

If you wanna look at that way then fine. What about all those kids who spent 5k making their Hondas faster than a Camaro? You could buy a nice Vette for the same price too. Or those other folks who often spend six figures to make a Supra faster than a Lamborghini? You could buy a new dodge hell cat....

Point being is kits are supposed to be affordable Supercars without the extreme maintence and costs that come with them

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eshkQ0mKXhc this is my friends Murcielago Replica. He spent 56k total on the build. Sure he could have got a nice C6 Z06 but you'll see those all over the place....plus he can say he built it himself. I recently checked out a 350k real Lamborghini Hurcan, I wasn't impressed with it's build quality since they're now using plastic! Might as well consider a kit these days cause real exotics just suck ass at least the current generation of Supercars do. The more I see the Aventador, mp4-12c, Gallardo and Ferrari f458 the more I dislike them....

I think if performance is at the top of the needs list you shouldn't be looking at a Fiero in the first place unless you have plans to do a crazy 3800 turbo build.
VF1Skullangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2014 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VF1SkullangelClick Here to visit VF1Skullangel's HomePageSend a Private Message to VF1SkullangelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

VF1Skullangel

190 posts
Member since Jun 2008

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

That Murci replica actually looks great, but no side windows? Thats the first time I'm ever seeing that with a modern replica, kind of ridiculous no?

Check out the white one is filmed.that orange one is garbage. It's been floating around for years from owner to owner. lol

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock