NIFE Fall Color Tour October 11 2014 by mrfred8
Started on: 09-23-2014 03:34 PM
Replies: 27 (570 views)
Last post by: ltlgt88 on 10-15-2014 11:05 PM
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Join the Northern Illinois Fiero Enthusiasts for our annual Fall Color Tour on Saturday, October 11, 2014. This year we will tour scenic northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin starting in Wauconda, IL and ending at the East Troy Electric Railroad in East Troy, WI (www.easttroyrr.org). While at the museum in East Troy, WI, you can see model railroad layouts, as well as learn about electricity. There is also a gift shop with a unique selection of railroad souvenirs for all ages. We will then board a train and go to the Elegant Farmer’s Market for lunch. The electric rail cars travel 10 miles through beautiful southeastern Wisconsin area to the depot located at The Elegant Farmer in Mukwonago, WI. You do not have to be NIFE member to join us, we invite all of our friends from Wisconsin to either join us for the cruise or meet us at East Troy.

Our event meeting point in Wauconda, IL is the Jewel parking lot located at 547 W. Liberty St, Wauconda, IL. Please meet at 9:45am; we will depart at 10:00am. For those from the South and western suburbs, we will meet at Augustino's Rock N Roll Deli located at 300 W. North Ave, West Chicago, IL at 8:45am and depart at 9:00am to rendezvous with everyone in Wauconda, IL.

After a scenic cruise back from East Troy, WI to Wauconda, IL, anyone who wishes is welcome to gather at NIFE member Scott Campbell's house in nearby Round Lake, IL for a Bar-B-Que. If you wish to attend the BBQ, please RSVP to Scott Campbell at 630-816-5291 or STCampbell328@hotmail.com. The BBQ is at 150 W Hampton Dr. Round Lake, IL 60073. A $5/person donation for the BBQ is appreciated.

Here are the links to the Google Maps for the routes we will be taking. Any question regarding these direct to Scott Campbell

From Wauconda to East Troy
https://goo.gl/maps/KNrex

From East Troy to Wauconda
https://goo.gl/maps/rSbDN

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 09-23-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Scott is a good host
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Scott is a good host

Yes he is, thats why he is NIFE member of the year!!!
chrissin712

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I should be there. The train ride/farmers market is what sold the girlfriend...lol
ltlgt88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Mfred for starting the thread

Hope everyone enjoys the route..colors are starting to change up here this week do to the cold summer.

Hope many of you can make it to the bbq too.. plan on getting the fire pit started later that night to if the weather premits.

BBQ will consist of burgers/chicken/brats, homemade salads from my wife, and soda/lemonade/tea/beer/wine.

I would like to have a preliminary count by the beginning of that week.

------------------
LETS GO DRIVING!!!
[

Power Tour Long Haul 2009, 10 (muscle car)
Power Tour Long Haul 2011, 12 (Fiero)
Power Tour 3 stops 2013(Fiero)

[This message has been edited by ltlgt88 (edited 09-24-2014).]

Dukeiboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DukeiboySend a Private Message to DukeiboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully I can make it, overhauling my cooling system soon.

------------------
Red '84, 75,000 miles.. work in progress

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2014 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2014 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just looked at the Forecast, it calls for 100% chance of curvy roads
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2014 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Weather for Saturday is looking good, rain has been moved to Sunday!

Went shopping for BBQ, wife has great food planned, just counting down the days to Saturday now, We are at 15 for sure RSVPS' (including my wife and I) for Saturday and 3 maybe's. You can still RSVP or let me know the day of, should be plenty of food for any last minute people!

------------------
LETS GO DRIVING!!!
[

rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2014 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't think I can make it this year, I'm working that day. Hopefully someone can cover my shift.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2014 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are no gas stops / breaks planned during tour besides East Troy for the train and farmers market.

There is a bp across the street from the jewel, suggest chilling up there before leaving.

WAUCONDA TO EAST TROY MILEAGE 57, 1.5 HOURS
https://goo.gl/maps/KNrex

EAST TROY TO WAUCONDA MILEAGE 70, 2 HOURS. (small change to old link)
https://goo.gl/maps/uXH0d

TOTAL LOOP MILEAGE IS 127

There is a small gas station in east troy only has two pumps. If someone needs it while we are there for the electric train.

We can fill up before heading to my house back at the bp by the start/finish
Distance from my house from start/end 7 miles

Closest gas stations to my house, going east to 94 is 2 miles going west to route 12 is 5 miles

If you need e85 or something you can't get at a normal everyday station let me know I will hunt then down on the route or around here for you.

[This message has been edited by ltlgt88 (edited 10-08-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2014 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only 2 days away
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2014 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
East Troy is a cool place. I have pics of it from when I was there as a kid. I wonder if its changed?

I hope to make this one. I just need to shake this cold I picked up on the airplane earlier this week. Hope its not Ebola!

Do you guys use FRS radios during the cruise or is that "old tech" nowadays?
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2014 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

East Troy is a cool place. I have pics of it from when I was there as a kid. I wonder if its changed?

I hope to make this one. I just need to shake this cold I picked up on the airplane earlier this week. Hope its not Ebola!

Do you guys use FRS radios during the cruise or is that "old tech" nowadays?

Hope you can make it. I will probably bring my FRS radio along if I remember.

crateenginedepot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2014 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like I will be by myself, if someone is looking to go but doesn't have a ride PM me.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2014 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will also try to remember my FRS radio too.anyone else go ahead and bring them we will use them if we have them.

Believe we are at 11/12+ cars

[This message has been edited by ltlgt88 (edited 10-10-2014).]

css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2014 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The big car show in Morris, IL is the following day (Oct. 12) for those who want to make a weekend of it. Better weather Saturday though I think.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2014 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

The big car show in Morris, IL is the following day (Oct. 12) for those who want to make a weekend of it. Better weather Saturday though I think.

I am planning on going to Morris, forecast has been improving, last I saw only 20% of chance of rain.

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2014 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone not going on the tour can track us with the following link http://www.greenalp.com/Rea...ewuser=stcampbell328

[This message has been edited by ltlgt88 (edited 10-10-2014).]

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2014 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ltlgt88

448 posts
Member since Aug 2010
had to fix something in the link above should work now
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great day for a drive! Big turnout - what, like 15-18 Fieros?

I think most are still at Scott's for the BBQ but I took the highway home from East Troy which was smooth sailing.
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great time. 18 Fieros participated. Didn't take too many pictures, but here are a few.

https://www.facebook.com/me...&type=1&l=adea67660f
crateenginedepot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got home, and I want to say I had a great time.
Thank you everyone who helped put this on and to Scott and his wife for all the work they put into this and hosting dinner.

[This message has been edited by crateenginedepot (edited 10-11-2014).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am just disappointed no one got video or pictures of MrMWS jumping the rail road tracks. Big Air!
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like it was fun. Saw some familiar faces in the pics.
chrissin712

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrissin712Send a Private Message to chrissin712Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
awesome time! Stealing this pic. That's me in the last car!

Originally posted by crateenginedepot:

Just got home, and I want to say I had a great time.
Thank you everyone who helped put this on and to Scott and his wife for all the work they put into this and hosting dinner.

[This message has been edited by chrissin712 (edited 10-13-2014).]

notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had a great time. Nice meeting and talking to all the folks. A shout out to Scott for mapping out the route, the time it took, and for the BBQ
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your all welcome, I love planning road trips, and my wife loves entertaining.

Anyone ever coming up to this area let me know, always have plenty off wood for a fire.

Waiting to find where we are going next to stay planning that route.

------------------
LETS GO DRIVING!!!
[

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock