Ok. Who bought the 88 gt on ebay with 270 miles.....I wanted that by alcazar88
Started on: 09-06-2014 10:31 PM
Replies: 14 (749 views)
Last post by: tshark on 09-09-2014 03:24 PM
alcazar88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hate the buy it now option! You are supposed to wait until the bids get close before using that....great car and hope it went to a good home (not Canada!).

Before I get flamed..I am joking. Although most of the cars I have interest in seem to be going that direction. I'm expecting to hear about a Fiero museum opening in Canada soon.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was supposed to be a secret, but the Canadians are playing keep-away from alcazar. It was my turn last year, and this year you're the lucky winner.

Just kidding. That's what it feels like, sometimes.
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The "Buy it Now" option is the best bait E-bay has come up with to catch the impulse buyers. It gives the seller a chance to sell their product above market price to someone who doesn't care about price. Years ago people used to "snipe" products at the last second with a bid $1 above last bid. That used to really piss me off.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So who purchased the 88 and what was the BIN price? Great car for the small segment of collectors that wants to own a true display show car. If you want to participate in shows like those sponsored by AACA and win, completely original mint cars are the way to go.
benoitmalenfant

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by alcazar88:

I hate the buy it now option! You are supposed to wait until the bids get close before using that....great car and hope it went to a good home (not Canada!).

Before I get flamed..I am joking. Although most of the cars I have interest in seem to be going that direction. I'm expecting to hear about a Fiero museum opening in Canada soon.

Rust-free Fieros are hard as hell to find in the great white north. Supply/Demand makes us look south for a car in good shape, thus why you are probably seeing more and more going to Canada. We're also used to paying more for the same cars so the BIN price might have been still cheaper than a similar Canadian car would have cost (assuming the car went to Canada in the first place )

[This message has been edited by benoitmalenfant (edited 09-07-2014).]

alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BIN price was 15,900. It appeared to have every available option with sunroof vs. t-top, and 270 original miles. Still had the original tires. While I realize you would end up replacing a lot of hoses and such to drive it, I think that was a good price for the car.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BIN price was 15,900. It appeared to have every available option with sunroof vs. t-top, and 270 original miles. Still had the original tires. While I realize you would end up replacing a lot of hoses and such to drive it, I think that was a good price for the car.

I would venture to say that the buyer of this Fiero is not going to drive it but show it (but I've been wrong before!) I envision this Fiero being trailered to the biggest AACA type shows. The buyer has $16 grand invested in a show piece. Each mile driven ends up adding depreciation. If the buyer intends to drive it then I agree all of the hoses, belts and tires would need to be replaced but at a possible sacrifice of 100% originality as viewed by a show car judge.

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have a pic?? I didn't see this...270 mile fiero...?

------------------

fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...great car and hope it went to a good home (not Canada!).

Yeah, I like it a lot. Looks good in my back yard, eh?

Sorry to say that no, I wasn't the person who bought this GT... but I did bring an '88 Formula up from Washington State last year. So I am doing my bit to help bring all the best Fieros north of the border.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Using PIP to preserve the pictures here on the forum for when the eBay ad disappears:
Edit: Even the guy playing pocket pool LOL ! ! ! !

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 09-08-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
seq

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

It was supposed to be a secret, but the Canadians are playing keep-away from alcazar.

I only bought mine because they threatened to send it to Arizona otherwise.

------------------
--
Seq

1987 Fiero GT : Information | Gallery

cyrus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only 270 miles? Is it all original? Even the oil and other fluids (like Al Bundy's dodge)?

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its just me, but I drive the hell out of all my cars. My Ferrari kit got 100K in 7 years and an AMG SL Mercedes got 250K in 10. If a 70K car that looked very good came up for sale at the same time as a 300 mile mint one, Id want the 70K one everytime. With only a few hundred miles on it in 25 years, Id be scared to take it more than 20 miles from home. So many things could fail from non use. Before Id take it on any longer trips, Id have to spend thousands replacing stuff before id trust it. First off would be a total brake rebuild, engine and trans flush, radiator and heater core, water pump, tires and battery. Those would all be done before I took it out of the driveway.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 09-09-2014).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm with you, roger, for the exact reasons you provided. Usually, people disagree with me on this, but it costs a lot to get everything reliably working. Even on a 70K car, no telling what needs to be done.

There is a car I'd like, but just keeping it stock in the same condition would be difficult. I'll buy nice cars, and leave the collectors to other people.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock