Pennock' Image Poster by Imnuts
Started on: 08-26-2014 04:49 PM
Replies: 11 (352 views)
Last post by: zzzhuh on 08-27-2014 12:01 AM
Imnuts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Every time I try to use Pennock's Image Poster to post an image since Friday it says Connection was reset by Host! It was working fine this past week. I already tried removed Pennock's Image Poster v1.09 and reinstalled. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
benoitmalenfant

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed an anti-virus product lately by any chance ?

Noticed that some anti-virus products that are bundled with a host firewall will kill the outbound connection of PIP.

------------------
Ben
87 GT / 88 GT
84 Indy #1863

Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No I have not changed anything that I know of. But just for the sake of it I will install the program and try it on another computer. It maybe tomorrow before I get a chance to try.
Thanks
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PIP works fine on my old rig.

Thanks for the excuse opportunity to post a 3D picture I took yesterday. (Just experimenting with ways of presenting a 3D image using a 2D medium.)

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-26-2014).]

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

PIP works fine on my old rig.

Thanks for the excuse opportunity to post a 3D picture I took yesterday. (Just experimenting with ways of presenting a 3D image using a 2D medium.)

That is really interesting. Can you change the frequency and offset? What is the result?

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats just annoying to me. Id rather just see a regular photo thats not jerking around. Maybe it looks different on another device.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:

That is really interesting. Can you change the frequency and offset? What is the result?

The program I'm experimenting with (StereoPhoto Maker which can be found HERE) has a ton of settings. I'll see if I can offer you some other examples a bit later.

I use a Sony Bloggie 3D camera to shoot these images, although I primarily use the camera to shoot 3D video at autocross.

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Thats just annoying to me. Id rather just see a regular photo thats not jerking around. Maybe it looks different on another device.

Sometimes I find you annoying, Roger. Well, at least you didn't rant against PIP this time.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36245 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by Neils88:

Can you change the frequency and offset?

Yes, the frequency can be made slower, but IMO it does nothing to enhance the effect of seeing "3D". However, I discovered that there's a feature to re-align the images which changes what gets shifted in the animation. You'll notice in this version that the cat itself is basically still while the background moves. I imagine that there's also a distance that's a "sweet spot" for the subject when shooting 3D images in the first place. (The second image is the original one posted.)

. . .

And for something completely different, concentrate on this stereoscopic image below and see a true 3D image in between the left and right images. This is how I usually watch my 3D videos which have been uploaded to YouTube. It's easier to do this with smaller images. If these images are too big, use your browser's zoom function to reduce the image size, and work your way bigger as you get the knack.

Yes Roger, this can be really annoying ... but it's kind of neat when all of a sudden your vision locks in and you see a true 3D image using just your bare eyes and a regular monitor.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-26-2014).]

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good stuff pat.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

Good stuff pat.

Heh heh... if I knew the neighbor's cat was going to get this much exposure, I would've brushed her. (...the cat, not the neighbor.)
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back to the subject: I tried image posting from another computer and it worked fine. I will just have to figure out what's going down. But I have to admit jiggleypuff the cat does get your attention.
PFF
System Bot
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

That shake is making me nauseous.

------------------
Every fiero has a story, It's our job to keep that story alive.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock