Fiero at Bubbas by wayneman
Started on: 08-25-2014 04:24 PM
Replies: 9 (477 views)
Last post by: wayneman on 08-29-2014 04:22 PM
wayneman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dropped my ride off at the world famous" Bubbas East Coast Customs" for an A/C conversion that I am hesitant to do myself. For just under a grand it will be done by master mechanic Bubba himself. Real nice guy. I begged him to put the car on his "Velocity" reality cable show that begins this fall. He said he has to get approval from the producer, so we shall see. Would be cool to see a fiero on TV. I asked not only for me but for the whole fiero community so people could see that these beautiful cars are still around. Bubba has a photo in his office of a 308 fiero conversion that he owned for years, he loves fieros. It was nice to have a celebrity like him to compliment my car. I will keep you posted on the TV thing.

[This message has been edited by wayneman (edited 08-25-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow that seems like an awfully high price for the a/c conversion!
Black84originalowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black84originalownerSend a Private Message to Black84originalownerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sunday cruise up & down beach road is supposed to occur. Sea mist buick wildcat in your picture background is one of the neighbors.
He is getting electronic ignition & more (?) work done now there.
He and supposedly another neighbor with a 57 T-bird are supposed to cuise, but of course assuming they can get their car$ to run!
They both got their cars after I got my Fiero going. I call in Fiero envy!
Last cruise, we go to the point first early-ish ~ 9 am+/-? for pictures with lighthouse as the backdrop then up & down beach road.
I do not have air so it will be interesting to see how you make out.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wayneman:

Dropped my ride off at the world famous" Bubbas East Coast Customs" for an A/C conversion that I am hesitant to do myself. For just under a grand it will be done by master mechanic Bubba himself. Real nice guy. I begged him to put the car on his "Velocity" reality cable show that begins this fall. He said he has to get approval from the producer, so we shall see. Would be cool to see a fiero on TV. I asked not only for me but for the whole fiero community so people could see that these beautiful cars are still around. Bubba has a photo in his office of a 308 fiero conversion that he owned for years, he loves fieros. It was nice to have a celebrity like him to compliment my car. I will keep you posted on the TV thing.

There was a guy who posted on this forum several years ago by the name of bubbajoe. IIRC he did 4.9L swaps and built a Fiero station wagon style body. Is this the same guy?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bubbajoe is in Toronto, Canada
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2014 04:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black84originalowner:

Sunday cruise up & down beach road is supposed to occur. Sea mist buick wildcat in your picture background is one of the neighbors.
He is getting electronic ignition & more (?) work done now there.
He and supposedly another neighbor with a 57 T-bird are supposed to cuise, but of course assuming they can get their car$ to run!
They both got their cars after I got my Fiero going. I call in Fiero envy!
Last cruise, we go to the point first early-ish ~ 9 am+/-? for pictures with lighthouse as the backdrop then up & down beach road.
I do not have air so it will be interesting to see how you make out.

Will be out of town this weekend. Flying to Greenville,NC to pick up my woman's 2004 Mercedes CLK 55 AMG and driving it back. Should be a nice I95 cruise. I live just down the street from Reef Club and would love to cruise next time…….
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2014 04:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wayneman

188 posts
Member since Jun 2014

Originally posted by Csjag:

Wow that seems like an awfully high price for the a/c conversion!

Tell me about it, everything in Jupiter, Fl. is expensive. Where I am from in PA. a beer costs 1.25, here 4.50--7.00 depending on the location of the bar. ( on or off water)
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2014 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess if he is changing the compressor and other parts its not quite as bad but a local shop here outside Ocala quoted me $150 if I brought him the conversion fitting and a new dryer ( about $60 worth of parts)
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2014 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey Wayne, you should consider joining us in Silver Springs on October 4th for an all GM show.
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2014 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

hey Wayne, you should consider joining us in Silver Springs on October 4th for an all GM show.

I'll be in PA for class reunion, bummer sounds like fun but already bought the ticket.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock