Help with RPO codes on my 87 GT by seq
Started on: 08-24-2014 01:18 AM
Replies: 9 (468 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 08-26-2014 01:57 AM
seq

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking about ordering a some reproduction stickers from JohnWPB, including my missing RPO sticker.

However, since I don't have it, I don't know what's supposed to be on it.

I can go through the RPO code list and check off everything my car has. That list also seems to indicate whether options were year specific, but there are some options I'm unsure on (AF9 vs AR9, for example).

Also, I don't know the correct ordering.

I think the best help would be if a few 87 GT owners could just post photos of their RPO stickers. I can then compare a few and figure out what codes mine should have, and in what order.

------------------
--
Seq

1987 Fiero GT : Information | Gallery

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are a selection of original 1987 GT RPO's that I have been sent. I have no idea what is considered more "stock" than another. Hopefully this will help you put together a list to work from.

seq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That helps!

Thanks a lot.

------------------
--
Seq

jon m

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you could use the vin decoder here http://www.fiero.net/vin.html
then you will know all the options that came with your car

jon
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a HUGE list of RPO codes that I have saved over the years. I can help you out.

------------------

1984 White Fiero Sport Coupe (Juliet) in restoration
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089093.html
1988 Red Fiero Standard Coupe (Bella) in restoration
1990 Black Buick Reatta (Noir)
2002 White Chevy Impala base(Haylie)

seq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jon m:

you could use the vin decoder here http://www.fiero.net/vin.html
then you will know all the options that came with your car

jon

Thanks, but the VIN doesn't really have that much information on it. It has engine, body style, and assembly number, but it doesn't indicate power mirrors, A/C, etc.

Originally posted by 1984whitesc:

I have a HUGE list of RPO codes that I have saved over the years. I can help you out.

It might help, but I think I'm set with the codes (JohnWPB's site has a big list). I just need to start going through the list and checking off what I've got, then comparing that with the samples JohnWPB posted in this thread to figure out order, or possible omissions.

I have this week off, so I was hoping to tackle it sooner than later. But my honey-do list has turned into the honey-do project management spreadsheet. I might not have time...

------------------
--
Seq

jon m

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you put your vin in to the decoder on that website it will tell you what options you car came with when it was built

jon
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you put your vin in to the decoder on that website it will tell you what options you car came with when it was built

jon

Nope the VIN decoder does NOT give the RPO codes of that vehicle .....
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you considered contacting Pontiac Historical Services? They may have paperwork on your car...seems like I got a copy of the build sheet for mine from them.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jon

I am not sure how you are coming to that conclusion still.... As someone mentioned above, the VIN will not give any list of what is installed on a vehicle, just the basic body and style of the bare bones vehicle.

Here is the result, using one of the VIN numbers from above as an example:

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock