McLaren Fiero by Csjag
Started on: 08-21-2014 11:36 AM
Replies: 9 (777 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 08-21-2014 04:13 PM
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not mine but someone has a Fiero for sale on craigslist in Ocala Fl. that has a 3.1 McLaren turbo V6 in it. Anyone familiar with how that engine performs?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://ocala.craigslist.org/cto/4629397854.html

"McLaren made a motor for Pontiac in the early 90's that was very strong and very fast, a Turbo 3.1 V6. This is the motor I have in the car, more pics if requested and will be up soon. SEE IT ON YOU TUBE in the early building stages, running, in the car, etc. Porsche Orange Paint job was over $1100. Interior is original but very good, PW, PS, MID ENGINE, V6, Built Exhaust, Intercooler, TURBO V6. Needs RIMS/TIRE Package to set it off! Fiberglass/Plastic Car - Car is super fast, too fast for son in college now. Over 5k invested, Small issue going on with motor / computer shutting it down but runs great when cool. CALL ME, Curtis for details
show contact info
$4000 obo. I had to move to Sebring for business, CAR is in OCALA at my brother's shop. GREAT PROJECT TO FINISH, UNIQUE AND RARE - GO FIND ONE of these motors, IN ANY CAR! "

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Small issue going on with motor / computer shutting it down but runs great when cool...........RARE - GO FIND ONE of these motors, IN ANY CAR! "

Seems like selling because too hard to fix? Super rare motor but no pics of motor is weird too. Has potential tho.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-21-2014).]

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

"Small issue going on with motor / computer shutting it down but runs great when cool...........RARE - GO FIND ONE of these motors, IN ANY CAR! "

Seems like selling because too hard to fix? Super rare motor but no pics of motor is weird too.

No pics of the motor I thought was weird too.. I mean the whole sale is based on the rare motor.. You'd think he'd show it...
Pegasus88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pegasus88GTSend a Private Message to Pegasus88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Angellightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AngellightningSend a Private Message to AngellightningEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF member's car.
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't McLaren do the engineering on the 3.1 turbo for the Grand Prix? Didn't GM then make a bunch of them? I remember seeing a few of those in my hometown back in the 90s. If there are two or three in a town of 1100 in the middle of NOWHERE, there must have been a lot of 'em.

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

seq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This guy on youtube?

Looks like he's also got a thread here.

EDIT: Pegasus88GT beat me to it with the videos...

------------------
--
Seq

1987 Fiero GT : Information | Gallery

[This message has been edited by seq (edited 08-21-2014).]

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes that's the car. From reading the thread it looks like the motor has been thru some hard times, I don't think I would trust it.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From looking online I see engine kits for "Chevy 189 3.1 (89-90) Turbo, Vin "V" "
and "Pontiac Grand Prix Turbo" ALso Berreta's.
McLaren must have came up with the turbo set up for GM.

vids of it in a GP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyJYWtWs2-E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSKWHjapA-k

Here is a regular 3.1

Here is the turbo'd

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-21-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors