Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Collectible/classic insurance in FL without enclosed garage?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Collectible/classic insurance in FL without enclosed garage? by yellowstone
Started on: 08-20-2014 09:51 PM
Replies: 7 (172 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 08-21-2014 12:28 PM
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have tried all insurance companies I can think of and the problem is always that we live in a condo building and I don't have a separate, enclosed garage for the car. Anyone knows of a company that will accept collectible/classic insurance in FL without that requirement?

------------------

www.yellowfiero.com Pictures Modifications

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you already try Grundy?
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 05:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I use Hagerty. Not sure about the garage clause. My neighbors are snow birds so I keep my car in their garage for now. I like Hagerty because of there lack of restrictions on the driving and miles.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure if there is one. To this point it they all have a locked garage requirement and I can't say I can't blame them.

You may be able to get specified amount insurance that is not collectors that will let you but you will pay for it in the end and not get the collector discount.

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All collectors car insurance that I have looked at have had a garage storage for the collector car. I currently have Grundy.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wayneman, when I got Grundy a few months ago they didn't even ask me the odometer reading on the car so they don't monitor how much I drive either.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have Grundy and they are very flexible. But probably just by your address they will know is a condo. Then Miami area doesn't help much either. Do you have any relative and try to say you are storing the car at that place? Still if stolen/vandalized at the condo then you probably are screwed.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check with your regular insurance company. I have State Farm and at least in Ohio, they have collectable car coverage. All mine were insured thru them. I didnt need a garage. I have a regular customer with a big collection he keeps in a separate building by his house. I dont remember if its Hagarty or Grundy, but he had to have a masonry building, burglar and fire alarm, and a sprinkler system. Each vehicle was only allowed 1,000 miles or so annually.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock