Started on: 08-19-2014 07:11 PM
Replies: 27 (1245 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 10-07-2014 09:36 AM
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well... they ARE expecting to see an engine in the front...

The dumb and puzzled looks - PRICELESS!

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 08-19-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This seems to confuse people too:

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 08-19-2014).]

Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes it is fun to watch. Every now and then one will come around the hood and stare for awhile until their brain kicks in and then they wander off embarrassed or look at the rear and say oh yea. But most of the time it brings back memories of when they or someone they knew had one.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah - but look again... This has a Weed Eater motor up front (over the spare).

People were trying to figure out how that small motor was connected the car's wheels

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 08-19-2014).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Yeah - but look again... This has a Weed Eater motor up front (over the spare).

People were trying to figure out how that small motor was connected the car's wheels

I caught it. Pretty good. I have also seen people put a hamster wheel up front.

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

I have also seen people put a hamster wheel up front.

At least they wouldn't think the hamster is the "driving force" of the car (hopefully).

DeckGod

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeckGodSend a Private Message to DeckGodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was comical. The people would stop. lean in to get a closer look, walk around to the other side and look again. The best I could come up with when they asked was an "Emergency Standby Windsheild Washer Pump" and I beleive some even bought it.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeckGod:

It was comical. The people would stop. lean in to get a closer look, walk around to the other side and look again. The best I could come up with when they asked was an "Emergency Standby Windsheild Washer Pump" and I beleive some even bought it.

Blinker Fluid Pump
jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone at Fierorama several years ago mounted a hamster wheel to their spare tire... wish I had a pic of it.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jonrev:

Someone at Fierorama several years ago mounted a hamster wheel to their spare tire... wish I had a pic of it.

Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks like Leonard, the Nitrous Mouse Motor. Leonard traveled in over 40 states in Phil's Formula with the SC3800 on 11 Hot Rod Power Tours and in my 88 T-top Coupe on two. Where ever we travel in a Fiero, Leonard rides up front. Can't count the number of people who stop to take a picture and leave smiling. Phil sold the Formula in December so Leonard's home is in my T-top permanently now.

Gwen (Phil's wife)
PFF
System Bot
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phil:

That looks like Leonard, the Nitrous Mouse Motor. Leonard traveled in over 40 states in Phil's Formula with the SC3800 on 11 Hot Rod Power Tours and in my 88 T-top Coupe on two. Where ever we travel in a Fiero, Leonard rides up front. Can't count the number of people who stop to take a picture and leave smiling. Phil sold the Formula in December so Leonard's home is in my T-top permanently now.

Gwen (Phil's wife)

I have a picture of him somewhere, from when you guys were in Missouri at the Grand Glaize bridge hotel quite a while ago.

Kevin

Edit, actually had two.

Kevin

[This message has been edited by Lambo nut (edited 08-20-2014).]

Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember that show. Beautiful area.

Gwen (Phil's wife)
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get a piece of posterboard and cut it to fit over the entire front bay from all 4 sides. Then get a local print shop to print out full size photo of the engine compartment of something like a 69 Dodge 426 Hemi, and stick it to the board. Then leave your hood open at the shows.
bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had an incident this past weekend while attending a car show in Kalama, Washington. Had my 84-3.8 SC car with the rear hatch open when a gentleman walked up and asked(while looking at the motor) "Nice car, What's it got?" I said a "V6 supercharged from a GTP" He said "Open the hood- let's see it!" I was a little taken aback, so I said "No no, there's no motor under the hood, this is mid engined." He said "Oh, I'm just learning about these cars." So I guess you guys are correct that we need something for the traditionalists to look at in that front compartment!
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got to get this hamster setup with nitro injection and maybe in ninja garb. I just wish the Fiero would get the attention they deserve at car shows. The judge today was spending 2 to 3 minutes looking over each car, checking the interior, paint, engine and sometimes looking under them. When he got to my 88 which is in great shape he paused about 8 seconds then moved on not even coming to the back to check the engine. I just don't get it.

Burly1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Burly1Send a Private Message to Burly1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had my stock 88 coupe at Car Craft summer nationals this summer and I got way more looks than my buddies slightly built 87 Trans am GTA, I even heard people pointing my car out of a crowd while driving around. I was quite surprised considering all the insane cars at the show.
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love that weed wacker !!! Off topic thou... How do you draw lines on pics or arrows ??
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:

I love that weed wacker !!! Off topic thou... How do you draw lines on pics or arrows ??

I usually just save the pic and use MS paint to edit and save then repost it to Pennocks.

I know my 88 does not have a problem getting attention since it is almost always the only Fiero at shows. It just seems muscle car enthusiasts don't conceder it in the same class.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-04-2014).]

Kevin-84SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2014 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin-84SESend a Private Message to Kevin-84SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phil:

Gwen (Phil's wife)

I remember that very nice yellow Formula from the Fieros In New England show back in 2002, I have a couple of pictures of Leonard and several pictures of the yellow formula at the show and during the drive after the show.

Kevin
PFF
System Bot
kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2014 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2014 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2014 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2014 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Imnuts

605 posts
Member since Jun 2013
Drew-py

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2014 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Drew-pySend a Private Message to Drew-pyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:

OK guys now that you all had your fun does anyone care to answer the question about its done
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2014 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Drew-py:

OK guys now that you all had your fun does anyone care to answer the question about its done

you can use a number of programs to add lines to a picture: photoshop, gimp, or even ms-paint
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2014 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

you can use a number of programs to add lines to a picture: photoshop, gimp, or even ms-paint

I used MS Paint. Loaded the photo, added 3 lines for the "arrow", resaved, then uploaded with PIP.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock