Rear Inner Fenders and Slash Shields Diagram by jimmygmartin
Started on: 08-16-2014 04:06 PM
Replies: 8 (571 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 08-17-2014 08:38 PM
jimmygmartin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2014 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimmygmartinSend a Private Message to jimmygmartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have a diagram showing how the rear inner fenders and splash shields are assembled???

Thanks !
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jimmygmartin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2014 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimmygmartinSend a Private Message to jimmygmartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero Store sells the rear Splash Shields, you would think that they would have an assembly diagram.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2014 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The splash shields are installed first, then the wheel well liner.
Use the cutouts for the brake lines and rear toe links [or sway bar (88 only)] to determine orientation side to side and front to back.
jimmygmartin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2014 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimmygmartinSend a Private Message to jimmygmartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is helpful. They are folded over and stapled by the axel cutouts, I assume the doubled up or folded over portion goes toward the engine. A diagram would be great since the inner fender and the splash shields share some fasteners.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2014 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OEM splash shields feature large diameter holes for the shared fastener locations, and small holes for the splash shield only fasteners.
jimmygmartin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2014 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimmygmartinSend a Private Message to jimmygmartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks that is another helpful tip !!
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2014 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimmygmartin:

That is helpful. They are folded over and stapled by the axel cutouts, I assume the doubled up or folded over portion goes toward the engine. A diagram would be great since the inner fender and the splash shields share some fasteners.

The supplier for the fiero store is a company I think in PA that makes these for other cars. Not impressed with the 84-87 shields. Some holes were missing, I doubt the factory used staples. Sloppy craftsmanship.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2014 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes the OEM used staples......
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2014 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Yes the OEM used staples......

Sloppy craftsmanship on Pontiacs part.

My first encounter with splash shields was for my 88 that I used to have. Got the shields from Rodney. Worked great.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock