Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  V-8 Archie Is No Longer Doing Chop Tops - HELP!!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
V-8 Archie Is No Longer Doing Chop Tops - HELP!! by 86caddyslim
Started on: 08-12-2014 08:46 PM
Replies: 20 (999 views)
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 08-18-2014 08:14 PM
86caddyslim

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86caddyslimSend a Private Message to 86caddyslimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just spoke to Archie today and was informed that he could not chop the top on my notchie because he no longer has access to side glass.
Since I can't do it myself is there any help out there?? Is Archie the only reliable chop-top source??
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What state and town are you in?
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
contact jetsnvettes2000 on here. He is in doing 2 right now.

Steve
86caddyslim

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86caddyslimSend a Private Message to 86caddyslimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in Houston Texas. Thanks for asking, sorry I missed that fact.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Send me a pm I am pretty busy the rest of this summer but perhaps next? I want to finish Johns and Chris's before I take on another. In the mall I think Outlaw customs is selling a half completed one you would be ahead money wise starting with one partially done and he has glass windows in it. That is if he still has it up for sale.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Send me a pm I am pretty busy the rest of this summer but perhaps next? I want to finish Johns and Chris's before I take on another. In the mall I think Outlaw customs is selling a half completed one you would be ahead money wise starting with one partially done and he has glass windows in it. That is if he still has it up for sale.

Bingo ! You would be waaay ahead of the game going this route.
CharlieHorse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CharlieHorseSend a Private Message to CharlieHorseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hehehe. I have 2 sets of choptop glass. Tinted and clear. Bwahahha.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86caddyslim:

I just spoke to Archie today and was informed that he could not chop the top on my notchie because he no longer has access to side glass.
Since I can't do it myself is there any help out there?? Is Archie the only reliable chop-top source??

I have a 88 Coupe that has a Nixon chop that comes with his glass windows he had made. It is chopped and the panels r roughed in but besides that its bare...Will be selling it soon...And only up in Dallas..
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a chop top... well part's of a chop top and 2 set's of Archie side windows!

Thanks WhoDumbass!!!
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 05:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

I have a chop top... well part's of a chop top and 2 set's of Archie side windows!

Thanks WhoDumbass!!!

U wanna sell a set of those windows? I know a guy looking for a set..
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

U wanna sell a set of those windows? I know a guy looking for a set..

I would but no one in their right mind would pay what I be asking for a set!
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Try me in April I just might...I want a spare set for mine. that is if they are glass. call it a small insurance policy.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2014 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PM me the price and I will let him know..Never know
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2014 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...posting just to say how sad it is too see this thread title....
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2014 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have a set of Nixon and Archie windows. Not planning to part with either set, but everything has a price right?

northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still have a full choptop kit with windows for sale $1600 shipped to US or Canada. If they don`t sell I guess I will have to get another Fiero to chop.

Carl
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No one in their right mind would put tons of time and money into Pontiac Fieros either, but here we are .

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

No one in their right mind would put tons of time and money into Pontiac Fieros either, but here we are .

So true Fred. Quote of the day!!

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So you just posted to brag that you had some?
CharlieHorse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CharlieHorseSend a Private Message to CharlieHorseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems like if someone made a very easy kit that had glass and fiberglass and sail panels and cutting stencils, perhaps a complete replacement for the factory (overkill) roll-bar, it'd be pretty successful. Perhaps a mild and more extreme chop to choose from. Or what if there was an option to make the top removable so you'd have a spyder type car. Jeez, who wouldnt just have to have that? If it was 1600 I bet you'd pocket 800 per kit and sell quite a few. Hummmmm. Man if I had the time and a little capital....
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CharlieHorse:

Seems like if someone made a very easy kit that had glass and fiberglass and sail panels and cutting stencils, perhaps a complete replacement for the factory (overkill) roll-bar, it'd be pretty successful. Perhaps a mild and more extreme chop to choose from. Or what if there was an option to make the top removable so you'd have a spyder type car. Jeez, who wouldnt just have to have that? If it was 1600 I bet you'd pocket 800 per kit and sell quite a few. Hummmmm. Man if I had the time and a little capital....

Trust me from experience there is no easy way to do a chop, Kit or not. If you look at every chop no 2 are exactly the same. Those of us that have them are aware of that. It's not a exact science as the cars themselves are not exactly the same. Lots of stuff factors into that due to the age of the cars and how they lived their life before the chop. Keeping the window area the same size is about the only thing you really have to go by, the body work is by personal preference and methods of the person that does it. With my chop I have learned I like some of the ways I did it but there are a few areas I want to redo to make it even more different I think the idea is to be different anyway.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock