I have a Go fund me, help me get back into the fiero game by bigjoe25
Started on: 08-08-2014 03:33 PM
Replies: 6 (378 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 08-11-2014 09:40 AM
bigjoe25

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bigjoe25Send a Private Message to bigjoe25Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, or if the forums will allow this or not. If a fundraiser is not allowed I will gladly delete this post.

I guess I'll start from the top. I moved in with my grandfather who is 80 years old. He's an old union iron worker, and fell off a roof when he was 64 years old. The doctor said he would never walk again, though he can walk now, even without a cane or walker but it tears him up. He's just hard as nails but 15 years with two knee replacements are getting to him, I do things like mow the grass, go shopping for food, clean the house, do paint, do the dishes, things like that. Recently I need to fix our deck, it's getting rotten.

I had 2,500 saved up to get a fiero project going but my grandfather had some skin cancer that he needed burned off his scalp. Insurance covered a lot, but not everything. The medical bills we'rent that bad, but bad enough to where I could no longer get a fiero, or any car for that matter.

He's getting too old to drive me to work, and both of his cars are pretty much taking a dump on him anyway. His old deville is getting rod knock, and his century is just acting crazy lately only getting 10 MPG. I think it needs an intake manifold and barely runs as it is. My employer is picking me up, but docking pay for the ride. Luckily a food store is only about a half mile away from my house so I can walk, though I can only buy what I can carry.

So I ended up making a Go fund Me, which is a fundraiser webpage for people down and out. I'm not asking a million dollars, and I'm wanting a car that we all love, a fiero. I need a four cylinder for the gas mileage.

I'm not exactly looking for handouts. I will work for my fundraiser. If you're in or around Cincinnati Ohio and are willing to pick me up I can do any odd jobs you need done like clean out ou a garage, cleaning house, paint, pressure washing decks, mow your grass for a month, walk your dog(s) anything!

Here is the link. http://www.gofundme.com/crj4qg

Thank you for reading!

[This message has been edited by bigjoe25 (edited 08-09-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bigjoe25:

He's getting too old to drive me to work, and both of his cars are pretty much taking a dump on him anyway. His old deville is getting rod knock,
Thank you for reading!

Drive that caddy till the tires come off, because unless you are absolutely sure it is a rod knock and not just typical old caddy engine knock that thing will out live gramps and me and probably you !

As far as the fund raiser goes I have no idea if this is the right part of the forum to put it in, but there have been many fund raisers here for many reasons. Good luck with that and I recommend you not try to get gramps into a Fiero, at that age I got mine into my Fiero once, it was so dammed hard to get him out we never took him anywhere in it again.

Good luck

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good job helping out your grandfather, and being willing to work, we could use more kids like yourself. I think you posted in the right spot.
bigjoe25

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bigjoe25Send a Private Message to bigjoe25Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. I've already started saving up, and I got the buick running yesterday. It was a cracked intake manifold, I just put JB weld on it. It's just a band aid and may blow up again but as of right now I have a running car. I think I should change my goals instead of getting a fiero I should focus on doing a bottom end rebuild on his caddy. He doesn't want to get rid of it because it was his late wifes, so there is some sentimental value there.

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck! I appreciate a young person that wants a hand up instead of a hand out.
bigjoe25

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bigjoe25Send a Private Message to bigjoe25Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that I have my buick running I thought about it and I figured I'm going to change my focus on something less selfish than getting a little sports car for myself. I want to surprise my grandpa with either an engine rebuild or transplant for his caddy. He bought it new for grandma back in 94, had it ever since. Always garaged, less than 100k on it. The sentimental value is high and I want him to be happy. I'm going to change my fundraiser to reflect that.

Thanks for reading!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bigjoe25:

Now that I have my buick running I thought about it and I figured I'm going to change my focus on something less selfish than getting a little sports car for myself. I want to surprise my grandpa with either an engine rebuild or transplant for his caddy. He bought it new for grandma back in 94, had it ever since. Always garaged, less than 100k on it. The sentimental value is high and I want him to be happy. I'm going to change my fundraiser to reflect that.

Thanks for reading!

Cool idea. With only 100k on it I wouldnt think the bottom end should have problems?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock