PIP by Csjag
Started on: 08-07-2014 10:56 AM
Replies: 25 (292 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 08-10-2014 11:12 AM
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I downloaded the PIP from this forum to my laptop and it lets me select a picture but when I do I get a message that the picture violates the forum size rules. The picture I am trying to post was taken with my walmart cell phone, am I doing some thing wrong, or should I ignore the popup warning and post the picture?? Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It won't post......even your cell phone makes pictures that are too big for PIP. You need to edit the picture down to about 850 pixels wide, and you need a picture editor on your laptop to do that.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 08-07-2014).]

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay thanks , I loaded a resizer and got it small enough now I just have to figure out how to put the picture in a post
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

You need to edit the picture down to about 850 pixels wide...

Come on, you know better than that!

kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I run mine through photo bucket to get the right size .
once you hit post in pip it copies it , then when posting a reply just hit
ctrl v to paste it in the reply ( If I can do it anyone can )
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay here goes we will see if it works.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I use Picturetrail.com myself. It automaticly resizes pics for posting to forums. I dont even bother with Image Poster any more.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I dont even bother with Image Poster any more.

Yes Roger, we know. You mention it at every opportunity.

Originally posted by Csjag:

Okay here goes we will see if it works.

Congrats. Make it 1024 pixels wide next time.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont keep track of newbies that might think they have to use Image Poster. Trying to be helpful. They also put stop signs at every stop street intersection...isnt that also repetitive...
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I dont keep track of newbies that might think they have to use Image Poster. Trying to be helpful. They also put stop signs at every stop street intersection...isnt that also repetitive...

stop signs
Most people just ignore them , or don't understand them

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So no one thinks my car looks good? I'm hurt. Lol. Just remember you were a newbie once too
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, I like the car. Color looks great and like your wheel choice too. I generally pick 5 spoke alloys for my own stuff.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the 5 spokers too but I couldn't resist these I came across on craigslist, $200 for new wheels that were never mounted, they wouldn't fit the previous owners car. They were made to fit some VW's
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So no one thinks my car looks good? I'm hurt. Lol.

Roger and I are more interested in arguing about how best to post an image here. (Use PIP.)

Your car looks in great shape. Just slam 'er down a couple inches now.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Theres a hundred other image hosters you can use, PIP has just always been problematic for me since Windows 98. Im not the only one. Lots seem to use Photobucket too.
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
Your car looks in great shape. Just slam 'er down a couple inches now.

Why? Isn't the fiero low enough stock? People that get the privilege to sit in my car always talk about how they feel like they are sitting on the floor. Dropping it down might look cool to some, and it might help performance just a touch, but for the most part it seems useless.
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

zzzhuh

826 posts
Member since Jan 2014

So no one thinks my car looks good? I'm hurt. Lol. Just remember you were a newbie once too

I think that look is very nice. Wish you would upload one from the side so I can see it a bit better, from what I can tell, those rims compliment the rest of the vehicle very nicely.

------------------
Take a corner at 130, and you'll understand the term "dirty."

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heres a picture from a different angle
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks nice! Stock? I agree that the 5 spoked wheels look best, but guess you can't argue with the deal you got.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes its stock. I picked up the chrome lug nuts and the center caps from ebay for under $40 and the wheels for $200 so I did get a good deal. The car rides drives and handles much better than it did with the previous wheels. The previous wheels had more offset and the steering wheel was hard to turn a slower speeds and the ride was rougher. These wheels are pretty close to the stock offset. The person I bought the car from had it for 9 years and he had had it painted. He didn't use it much the last two years he owned it and it was parked for a few months with a bad fuel pump.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zzzhuh:

Why? Isn't the fiero low enough stock?

No.

Dropping it down might look cool to some...

It does.

and it might help performance just a touch...

Yes, I prefer a stiffer suspension for autocross.

...but for the most part it seems useless.

Well then... just leave yours alone.
PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Each to their own as far as lowering, I prefer the stock ride height, it seems plenty low enough for me and I never autocross. When I park it in the garage next to our 07 Mustang I realize how low it is stock compared to the Mustang. I can't think of any other car out there that you see regularly on the road that sits as low or lower, kind of makes me feel paranoid when I am in traffic and the top of the Fiero only comes up to the top of the tires on all the pickup trucks around me.
Lunatic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LunaticSend a Private Message to LunaticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad that you figured out how to resize pictures and post them. Everyone has their own opinion on which is best. I use Linux as an operating system and it comes with GIMP. I use that to do all my resizing and editing. PIP also works in Linux (under WINE) and I've never had an issue with it. To each his own. Nice car by the way.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Lunatic, I actually found windows live photo gallery was already installed in my computer so I used it for re-sizing. The two things I have left to do on the car are replacing the rear struts and getting the AC converted to R134. Eventually I would like to get Mr. Mikes cloth seat upholstery too. I guess we always have something we want to do in the future to our Fieros.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 569
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Resize is easy...
http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/ for Win7 and 8.x desktop. Give Right Click option to Win Explorer about same as Microsoft's Image Resizer Powertoy for Windows XP. (Can resize many image types but PIP and maybe PIP Server allows GIF and JPG.)

Right chick an image file
Resize
Select size (use Small for PIP)
done

Edit to add... Can batch resize many files too.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 08-10-2014).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually if you look close, those are what I call 'split 5 spoke' wheels. There like 5 spokes, with a gap in the middle of each. Corvette and Bentley are similar...but Bentley puts a star shaped center cap on that covers the gap.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 08-10-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock