Started on: 08-07-2014 10:19 AM
Replies: 26 (557 views)
Last post by: BlackThunderGT on 08-08-2014 11:43 PM
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well my girlfriend decided to make the plunge and picked up a 1990 Ferrari 348TS (Targa style). Car has 23,000 miles and is in amazing shape. Black on black. Also has HRE 18" rims and 295 rear tires. I did also find out, that the exhaust on the car is Tubi which is an added benefit. I followed my girlfriend (Megan) home last night in my Acura, and the exhaust note just sounded too amazing to be anything other than a nice aftermarket. Looked under the back and saw Tubi written on the stainless exhaust! She also has a 88 Formula we picked up last year that she daily drives. She's one awesome girl! And can drive the heck out of the Ferrari. We are now in for the ride, hopefully I don't have to sell the house to pay for repairs And I will drive the car! Haha.

------------------

Best 1/4: 11.7 @ 115mph
Best 60ft: 1.60

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool. Its great to have a girl that can appreciate the same hobby
flyntus

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flyntusSend a Private Message to flyntusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lucky You
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car. A few more pictures would be nice.
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will try and get some tonight!
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Very cool. Its great to have a girl that can appreciate the same hobby

Heck, I imagine it`s great to have a girl who can afford to buy that.
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice. My step father HAD a 355 spider but it cost him 20k a year to drive it daily. Good luck and keep it dry, I hear they don't like rain
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wayneman

188 posts
Member since Jun 2014
PS…..NICE FORMULA!!!!
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wayneman

188 posts
Member since Jun 2014

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Heck, I imagine it`s great to have a girl who can afford to buy that.

Worse yet, my girlfriend can afford anything and she drives a 2013 Ford Escape :sleep:

[This message has been edited by wayneman (edited 08-07-2014).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wayneman:

Worse yet, my girlfriend can afford anything and she drives a 2013 Ford Escape :sleep:

I guess I need to up my game.
I tend to date the waitress type.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

I will try and get some tonight!

uuuuuh,......ok.

lol sorry could not resist !

Nice car btw.
PFF
System Bot
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are not rich or wealthy or anything. Both just work hard at our jobs. She pulled a loan out for the car for 5 years. It comes down that she wants it, will work for it and pay her bills to afford it. I told her, people will start looking past all that and go oh you got a sugar daddy or you have rich parents or think you are above you know, but that's not how it is. I love my Fiero still! And the funny thing is, it will beat that Ferrari bad in a straight line. Anyways, I wish I was rich. The car will need to be watched over, because it is very costly for repairs and there is some worry factor involved, but hey I guess you live once. She chose to be that person and do it how she wants lol. I can afford the payment, but I just don't have the balls to step up and do it. I still want a T-Top 88 GT over a Ferrari lol.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We are not rich or wealthy or anything. Both just work hard at our jobs. She pulled a loan out for the car for 5 years. It comes down that she wants it, will work for it and pay her bills to afford it. I told her, people will start looking past all that and go oh you got a sugar daddy or you have rich parents or think you are above you know, but that's not how it is. I love my Fiero still! And the funny thing is, it will beat that Ferrari bad in a straight line. Anyways, I wish I was rich. The car will need to be watched over, because it is very costly for repairs and there is some worry factor involved, but hey I guess you live once. She chose to be that person and do it how she wants lol. I can afford the payment, but I just don't have the balls to step up and do it. I still want a T-Top 88 GT over a Ferrari lol.

Amir, I`m just kidding around.
I think it`s great for someone to get the car they want.
Especially a classic/exotic.
And the people who might criticize are usually just jealous.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 08-07-2014).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post08-07-2014 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wayneman:

Very nice. My step father HAD a 355 spider but it cost him 20k a year to drive it daily. Good luck and keep it dry, I hear they don't like rain

They don't like being daily drivers. There's a reason they tend to have very low mileage on the odometer.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does she have a sister
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh I know. You just know how the general society will be. Not you guys! I'm just a normal guy in Wichita, KS with a Fiero, house and a dog. Nothing to see here. Well that my Fiero can beat most Ferraris And as far as sisters, she does, but she is engaged lol.

Here is my girlfriend with her car yesterday when we picked it up from Oklahoma. She was kind of happy! As I am, because I get to drive it whenever I want.

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Amir, I`m just kidding around.
I think it`s great for someone to get the car they want.
Especially a classic/exotic.
And the people who might criticize are usually just jealous.

DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You better be putting a ring on that finger...
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

You better be putting a ring on that finger...

You bet your life I am! Best part of birthdays is she wants car parts over girly stuff. It's kind of too much fun, because I usually order a few things for me while I am at it to save on freight lol
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great car and gorgeous gf. Dont let some fake sugar daddy snatch her away. The ONLY thing wrong with the picture is its a black car...and theyre a ***** to keep clean. I bought a brand new black Shelby Mustang once, and only had it a couple of weeks before a color change. The final straw was washing, polishing it all up for a night out. Left it spotless in a closed garage while I took a shower and changed clothes. Went out and it was already dusty just setting there. Enjoy both...

If you and her dont know...having and keeping ALL the maintanence records is paramount in owning Ferraris when you need service or selling it. Theyre as valuable as the flight logs of an airplane.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 08-07-2014).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not only a girlfriend who tolerates your love of cars... or even shares your love of cars... but buys her OWN DAMN FERRARI?!?!
She's a keeper.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
KCCO
PFF
System Bot
Marko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkoSend a Private Message to MarkoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh my, ...........that is pretty.

(and yes, I am talking about the car !)

I like the stance of the car, kinda "Meaty" over the rear axle, almost like it has a wide body kit.
Kind of Pantera like.

About the only Ferrari's we see in these parts of the Great White North, are usually old 308's.
Never seen a 348 before. I really like the shape.

Is the rubber air dam on the front stock, or an aftermarket add-on ?
I think it would look better without it, more cleaner front lines.

------------------
Marko.

'85 SE 2M6 Muncie 4 speed.
a.k.a "The Rumble Seat"

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marko:

Oh my, ...........that is pretty.

(and yes, I am talking about the car !)

There was a car in that picture,

And as far as sisters, she does, but she is engaged lol.

Here is my girlfriend with her car yesterday when we picked it up from Oklahoma. She was kind of happy! As I am, because I get to drive it whenever I want.

But is her sister happy with her fiancée ?

Never liked blonds but with a car like that I could make an exception if she ever decides to get rid of you.

You are a lucky guy, don't screw it up !

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 08-07-2014).]

Marko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkoSend a Private Message to MarkoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, focus your eyes and relax,

do you see a car now ?

And a white pickup and a utility trailer in the garage ?

It's there.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice car. I can see why she is smiling.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Well my girlfriend decided to make the plunge and picked up a 1990 Ferrari 348TS (Targa style). Car has 23,000 miles and is in amazing shape. Black on black. Also has HRE 18" rims and 295 rear tires. I did also find out, that the exhaust on the car is Tubi which is an added benefit. I followed my girlfriend (Megan) home last night in my Acura, and the exhaust note just sounded too amazing to be anything other than a nice aftermarket. Looked under the back and saw Tubi written on the stainless exhaust! She also has a 88 Formula we picked up last year that she daily drives. She's one awesome girl! And can drive the heck out of the Ferrari. We are now in for the ride, hopefully I don't have to sell the house to pay for repairs And I will drive the car! Haha.

Interesting to see them side by side. I noticed the Ferrari isnt any shorter than the Fiero.
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the car! Don't worry about what other say just enjoy life, it's short!

She got the color right!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock