Started on: 08-07-2014 09:59 AM
Replies: 9 (275 views)
Last post by: Fierokid87 on 08-08-2014 07:58 AM
Fierokid87

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This darn northern cancer took out my rear steel support for my bumper. It's an 88 Formula and I'm not sure where to find one now......

My finger can go right through some areas. Can I use an older metal support?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The sheet metal parts are the same for all coupes....IIRC. Pretty sure the bumper support is the same for all Fieros.
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was just trying to call the Fiero Factory and I can't seem to get anyone on the phone. It just rings. Anyone have a good place to go for this part?
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any junkyards in the area?
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Scott,
I would put the bumper cover back on for now. We found the one off the 85 GT that we put on Jaeger's car. With a little patience we'll find another in decent shape. Had to take a angle grinder to get his old one off. I wouldn't jump into that until we get one. How bad is the rust along the frame rails behind it?
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bummer. Hopefully an easy fix/replacement.

Have you looked more-closely at your frame rails yet?

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

Tstang429

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pull a part off 130 had a rust free car in the yard a week ago. Maybe take a swing out man.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tstang429:

pull a part off 130 had a rust free car in the yard a week ago. Maybe take a swing out man.

I think that's the one we pulled the bumper off I believe. That car was definately a southern car. Sad to see a Fiero spaceframe like that get crushed.

Tstang429

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
was a silver car. I thought I would at least mention. I love wandering around the yard.
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah Jason had already gotten the bumper support. I actually pulled the rear cruise/tail lamp harness so I can work on this cruise control as well. Minn so far from what I can see of the frame rails they look pretty good.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock