Seam sealant by kgoodyear
Started on: 08-05-2014 07:30 PM
Replies: 4 (171 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 08-06-2014 06:45 PM
kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In the process of replacing rusted panels in the engine bay I found where seams were covered with a kind of "stuff" to seal the joints I guess. In some cases I've even found what looks like chewing gum in various holes. Does anyone know what this sealant is called and where I get some to finish out my patches?

------------------
Goody

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its called.....wait for it......seam sealer!.....and is available at automotive supply stores.
Good luck with your project!
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now who would think a seam sealer would be called seam sealer? LOL! Thanks!

I'll start a posting when I get my fiero carcass back from the bead blaster. I already have lots of pictures to show.

------------------
Goody

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2014 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FYI, it can be pretty pricey. Now, with that said, I have used a product like Liquid Nails when running a seam on a patch. I have also used Seam Sealer for some areas.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2014 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
seam sealer can be bought in an auto paint shop in tubes like silicone. You just run a bead of it where you want to seal it, and it hardens overnite and is paintable. Its also called Drip Check Sealer (because it was also used on roofs where the drip rail was). Most cars now dont have a drip rail...so when you open a door in the rain, all the water will run in.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock