Started on: 08-05-2014 10:19 AM
Replies: 25 (630 views)
Last post by: Phil on 08-07-2014 01:05 PM
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some of you may not know my mom at all and some of you remember meeting her at a few Fiero events back in the day. I've been on this forum since 2001 when I first got my GT and then in April 2002 I got my Formula. Ever since then I have tried to attend as many shows as I can and my parents were usually right there beside me. They went to Osage Beach in 2002, The 20th Anniversary in 2003, and the big Fiero Wheatstock show in Topeka, KS to name a few. My mom as I posted back in December has been fighting with cancer since 2011. She was first diagnosed with breast cancer in January of then and has fought ever since as it moved from the breast to the lung in 2013 and then by the end of 2013 moved to the brain. The doctors did a surgery on her brain on Christmas day to remove the tumor causing most of the issues and she fought back. Up until the past few weeks, life has gotten rough as it re-appeared on her lung and at this point, she is too weak to fight with chemo or radiation. Doctors 2 weeks ago, gave her 6 months to live. Such unsettling news. My mom called me and told me that she was going to die. That feeling is not fair to hear, especially with me being 32 years old. But God has a plan, I just don't like his plan right now or understand it. My mom was one of those mom's that did everything, cooked, cleaned, came and wanted to go to all events I was involved in as well as my sister. She was always in the stands for my sports events, ALWAYS. She took me to school every day, always picked me up. She loved yard work and her most favorite thing in the world was being a wife to my dad, a mother to me and my sister and family and the Lord. She stood tall and everyone loved her. She loved learning about my friends, and keeping in touch with them. She just was one awesome lady that doesn't deserve to be taken early. At this point, she is bed ridden and really lost all strength. She is still speaking and talking and I usually go over to my parents and lay with her and hold her hand. That is the best part of my days. She just loves us all.

Keep my family in your thoughts and give our family the strength it needs. I'm worried about my father and sister and my mom had told me to be the strength and please take care of dad and sister. Life goes so fast and sometimes I forget how important family is like us all. We get busy and life just starts being in repeat mode and we don't take that time to really sit down and take a deep breath. Do those things, because it will all of sudden make you re-think.

On a closing note. All you guys that have wives, girlfriends, sisters, or even women on here. Please understand my mom was incorrectly diagnosed without having a lump in her breasts and she has no idea how long it had been without being detected because she has dense breasts. The state of Kansas doesn't have the bill passed to do further testing when a woman has dense breasts. There are like 19 states that have this bill now. Make sure women know that when they go in for their mammogram that they get checked correctly and that the doctor knows. You can find out after the mammogram and when they look at the chart, ask those questions, find out. My mom found her own lump and went back after she was tested as good. It could have saved her life and it can save your loved ones lives. She was pushing to have the bill passed and I'm going to get it passed for her no matter what efforts. It's my goal. She worked heavily on getting it passed the past 3 years and I will not let her down. Please visit this website to learn more and please share it with all women. It's information your doctor will probably not tell you.

http://www.areyoudense.org/

Thank you guys!
Amir

------------------

Best 1/4: 11.7 @ 115mph
Best 60ft: 1.60

[This message has been edited by Rare87GT (edited 08-05-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry to hear of your mom's illness.
You description of her reminds me of my wife of 40 years that we lost to cancer in October of 2010.
Mercifully, it took her quickly and she did not suffer.
My prayers are with you and your family.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prayers for you and your family and friends man. She sounds like a wonderful woman and I'm sure shes had a great impact on the person you are today. Its times like this you realize what is important in life.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prayers go out to you and your mom. Special thoughts and positive energy also headin your way .... also the LED Tails are almost ready to head out to ya....
regards my american friend
Danyel
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prayers for you and your family. Had similar case with my sister in 2012 but at the end she recovered. Women should test frequently for sure.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our prayers for your mom. I hope that she is comfortable. Sadly we all leave this world at some point but everything will be alright. I lost my first wife (my sons were only 17 and 19) , my mom, dad, aunts and uncles and miss them dearly, but death is inevitable and necessary for all of us. We will be comforted and reunited with Christ in heaven, who will judge us, and reward us for our good deeds. Life is only a journey, not a destination.
J-Holland

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I empathize with you sir. My mother has been given 5-23 months and I am betting that the stubborn old gal (I really do think the world of her) will go 36 months just to prove the doctor wrong. My best wishes go out to her and your family.

Jim H
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amir, what a wonderful tribute to your Mom.

I do recall her (and your dad and sis) at several shows, and am very sorry to read of her battles with the big C.

I will keep all of you guys in my prayers, and I hope that her remaining time is precious and as painfree as possible.
TopNotch

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wife's sister was incorrectly diagnosed with "Bell's Palsy" (I think that's what it was called), when what she really had was brain cancer. She died from it a few months later.
Always get a second opinion whenever a serious medical condition occurs in your life. Doctors can make mistakes.
Quad Raider

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So sorry to hear about your mom. Cancer sucks. Here's wishing you strength to deal with the situation.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amir - You & your family are in our thoughts and prayers... You guys have always been part of my favorite memories from the big shows over the years!

I had to dig back through the archives to The Osage Beach FOCOA Nationals in 2002 when I recall I first met your family. And the Volvo "chase car" (driven, in this photo, by your awesomely exuberant Mom)!

I also remember staying up late in Michigan (the 20th probably) with your family and laughing so hard my face actually *hurt*!

Anyway - your Mom is a permanent part of my favorite Fiero memories, and I pray for the best for you and your whole family.

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

PFF
System Bot
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,
That sincerely made me tear up. Thanks for posting the picture. That's my momma at her best. She was always excited, fun and had a great time at everything. She loved doing everything. Such a nice way to live life. Thanks a million for the picture. I will have to show her this evening. You guys are all awesome.
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am so sorry to hear and will keep you all in my prayers. Rick B
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amir,

I have to second what Rob says - over the years we have met a lot of people at Fiero events. Many wonderful, amazing people who have become a part of our lives but your family always stands out. I remember meeting them at Osage Beach and how proud they were of you and your car. They were so amazingly supportive and as another young person into Fieros with a family who came along, I thought it was great.

I've been keeping your mom in my thoughts the past few months and will continue to do so. My heart goes out to all of you and I hope that you are able to spend as much time with her as possible. We lost Matt's mom to metastasized breast cancer 9 years ago and can empathize all too well. If you need to chat, drop us a line.

~ Jen
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
Robertzep2

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robertzep2Send a Private Message to Robertzep2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amir,
My prayers and thoughts go out to your mom, family, and especially you! I just went through breast cancer with my wife. I can sympathize with you and what your family is going through. For us, it was found very early and she is doing well. This horrible disease turns ones life upside down and inside out. It makes you look at what is really important in life.
All my best,
-Robert
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
May the peace & love of Jesus be with your family and mother.

Peace be with you.

Steve
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good vibes to your mom and all the rest of your family, sorry this took to long to find and is going to cost her and your family.

Steve
flyntus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2014 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flyntusSend a Private Message to flyntusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prayers go out to you and your family.
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2014 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

Amir,

I have to second what Rob says - over the years we have met a lot of people at Fiero events. Many wonderful, amazing people who have become a part of our lives but your family always stands out. I remember meeting them at Osage Beach and how proud they were of you and your car. They were so amazingly supportive and as another young person into Fieros with a family who came along, I thought it was great.

I've been keeping your mom in my thoughts the past few months and will continue to do so. My heart goes out to all of you and I hope that you are able to spend as much time with her as possible. We lost Matt's mom to metastasized breast cancer 9 years ago and can empathize all too well. If you need to chat, drop us a line.

~ Jen

Jen, Thank you for the nice note. I remember you guys from the events always. My parents I believe spoke with your mom and dad at the shows if I recall, but of course she spoke to everyone. She had no problem going up to someone and talking and becoming friends in less than 5 minutes. She was very personable. She loved both of my Fieros. She was mad at me when I sold my GT, but I told her I would get something nicer soon. I will keep you guys up to date and let you know any new news. I appreciate the message and will reach out to you guys at some point as I'm just kind of dazed about everything at this point. Every evening I go over to my parents and lay with my mom. She squeezes my hand and says thanks for coming over every evening. It's a nice feeling when I leave and know that my mom loves me more than anything in the entire world.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2014 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amir,

You and your mom and your family will be in my prayers.

Peace.

Steve
PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2014 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:
Jen, Thank you for the nice note. I remember you guys from the events always. My parents I believe spoke with your mom and dad at the shows if I recall, but of course she spoke to everyone. She had no problem going up to someone and talking and becoming friends in less than 5 minutes. She was very personable. She loved both of my Fieros. She was mad at me when I sold my GT, but I told her I would get something nicer soon. I will keep you guys up to date and let you know any new news. I appreciate the message and will reach out to you guys at some point as I'm just kind of dazed about everything at this point. Every evening I go over to my parents and lay with my mom. She squeezes my hand and says thanks for coming over every evening. It's a nice feeling when I leave and know that my mom loves me more than anything in the entire world.

Yes, she absolutely did. I shared the news with my parents today and while they're not on the forum much, they did say to let you know they are thinking of you guys. Every second is precious.
I FAR I

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2014 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Read and share this amazing article with your mother and others Amir.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/...nish-fear-dying.html

Best regards.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never met you or your mom, but she sounds like a model for other women. My condolences for your loss, and that of everyone who met her. She will live on in you, your family, and the lives of those people she touched.
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks again for all the comments. I'm enjoying every day with mom. She is a true inspiration. I have no problem spending my evenings laying down in her bed and just holding her hand. I'm glad she is still trying and not in pain right now, but you guys are all right every day she is still doing alright, I feel blessed. I will keep you all in the loop as things develop. I hope I have more time with her. She just loves hearing about my day and what I did.
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So sorry to hear about your mom. Not sure Phil & I met your mom, but do remember your dad from car shows and Hot Rod Power Tour. Sometimes we don't understand why life throws us curves. We are keeping your mom in our thoughts. BTW, Rhode Island just recently passed that bill that your mom has worked to get passed in your state. It goes into effect in October.

Gwen (Phil's wife)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock