Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  picked up two fiero gt's, the good the bad and the gray area (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
picked up two fiero gt's, the good the bad and the gray area by mxgreg207
Started on: 08-03-2014 07:31 PM
Replies: 49 (982 views)
Last post by: mxgreg207 on 09-11-2014 06:24 PM
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In regards to West Coast Fiero's here is my opinion: Simply put i will never do business with them again. They have horrible customer service, play games, and give people the runaround. The one time we ordered something from them they lied about having it on hand, lied about when it was being made, lied about when it shipped out, and when it finally showed up the part was junk. They lied about the quality and manufacturing process. There have been horror stories posted about WCF for a long time, but i never formed an opinion until my own experience with them. Seems the only people with great things to say are local to them.

That being said WCF would be the only vendor i have had a bad experience with. Some of the Fiero vendors i have had great experiences with are: Rodney Dickman, Sinister Performance, The Fiero Store, Embrace Racing, Custom Fiberglass from ThaDriver, and many other PFF members.
IP: Logged
mxgreg207

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mxgreg207Send a Private Message to mxgreg207Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the help its greatly appreciated i checked out the rodney pulley and might order it next week! Ive heard a lot flak towards WCF so i think ill stay away from them. i have a spare 2.8 motor i can pull the header off of but it is crack more then my current header but if i can get my welder to fix it i think itd be worth it. i found a build researching earlier of a guy who did some header work with the motor in place so i know it can be done.
mxgreg207

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mxgreg207Send a Private Message to mxgreg207Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mxgreg207

25 posts
Member since Aug 2014
thanks for the info on the sunroof as well. im def going to tear down the 87 top and get that put on the 88!
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No problem. Here is some good info on removing the roof panel

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/106413.html
mxgreg207

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mxgreg207Send a Private Message to mxgreg207Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so im missing the drivers rear bumper reflector. i finally pulled the one off the 87 gt and it doesnt fit the 88? the 88 is a formula with a gt back half conversion and the 87 is also a gt but the reflector isnt even close.
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Correct. The formula has the 87-88 couple style bumpers, and the GT has aero style bumpers. Different bumpers with different reflectors.
mxgreg207

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mxgreg207Send a Private Message to mxgreg207Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just to be sure, if you can answer or not, are the coupe reflectors bigger then the gt's?

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2014 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mxgreg207:

just to be sure, if you can answer or not, are the coupe reflectors bigger then the gt's?

Yep for sure wider. The bumperpad car may have the same size as GT I'm not sure.

Coupe/Formula 87-88

GT

Bumperpad 84-86

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 09-11-2014).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2014 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43230 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by mxgreg207:

another thing is when it rains my serp belt squeals like a pig if the blower is on and i downshift a lil on the hard side. i put a lot of tension on the belt when i put the new one on while tightening the alternator in place. other then the fabulous "belt dressing" any suggestions?

Other than tightening, or a new belt, or the tensioner from Rodney, you can lightly sand the belt with sand paper to remove the gloss.
mxgreg207

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2014 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mxgreg207Send a Private Message to mxgreg207Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok well I'm pretty sure it still has the coupe formula bumper so I'll need to find a new reflector or put the gt rear bumper on. It does have a new belt on it so I'm just gunna get the Rodney part for now. Are the stock headers made from cast steel? If so then I would need to braise them closed correct? Thanks
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock