Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Need Help Finding A Wounded Warrior (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Need Help Finding A Wounded Warrior by fierofool
Started on: 07-26-2014 04:19 PM
Replies: 45 (1384 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 07-01-2017 12:39 PM
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

GEORGIA FIERO CLUB RESTORING CAR FOR DONATION TO WOUNDED VET
We need your assistance with finding a recipient. The following is our press release of June 14. If you would like a file to make distribution copies, please email us.

[ATLANTA] June 14, 2014 – In Italian, “Fiero” means “Proud.” The Georgia Fiero Club (GFC), a non-profit organization for owners and aficionados of Pontiac Fiero sports cars, has begun restoration of a 1988 Pontiac Fiero to donate to a wounded U.S. military veteran to show their patriotic pride.
The Pontiac Fiero was the first mid-engine, two-seater sports car built in America, and still draws an international following.
An all-volunteer group of GFC members have begun work on restoring a 1988 “GT” model with a V6 engine and automatic transmission. All funds, time, parts and supplies are being donated by the enthusiastic group of club members. The car was donated by a former GFC member, with the stipulation that it go to a wounded U.S. military veteran.
The car is being gone over methodically, to make sure everything operates properly and safely.
The recipient also will receive a free two-year membership in the GFC, along with two-years of free maintenance and repair assistance from club members. The cost of some parts might not be covered, and the two-seater car cannot accommodate a child restraint seat. The recipient should live in the northern half of Georgia. The GFC will have the final decision in selecting the recipient.
GFC volunteers on this project also are seeking sponsors to donate a new set of tires, a paint job, and other parts. Interested sponsors can contact GFC volunteer project coordinator Charles Sewell at GeorgiaFieroClub@Gmail.Com
# # #

Georgia Fiero Club Web site: http://www.gafiero.org
Warrior Project:
http://www.gafiero.org/bbs/index.php?topic=1812.0

Some of the restoration crew, left to right: Darrell Hulse, Pat Swayne, David Brill, Ron Robinson, Don Hulse, Charles Sewell, Shannon Haag, Patricia Hayes, Roger Newton, Susan Robinson, Steve Hamilton.
The vehicle is in need of paint, possibly tires, and several small items need to be powder coated. Georgia Fieros would welcome any sponsor who could provide these items. Georgia Fieros has a yearly budget of less than $3000 and depends upon donations. None of the officers or members receive pay for their services and they have no employees.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
California Kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would suggest you contact a local VA Hospital in Georgia, let them know your intentions, I'm sure they would be of help finding the right person for your project.

Thumbs up to you guy's for taking on the project !

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 07-26-2014).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you want a special operations vet call down to Hurlburt Field and ask for Public Affairs.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will check out the VA Hospital here in Atlanta and Hurlburt Field. So far Wounded Warrior Project has rejected the car and want cash only, Sentinels of Gwinnett gave the same sentiments, and the Chaplain at Fort Stewart will not respond after our initial contact. We've just hit a stone wall. The American Legion Post 127 has tried to help, but we've had no response from their help, either, Thanks guys.
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe there are some wounded disabled vets on this forum.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What old fart behind the car in the picture are you Charlie?

Great idea and cause !

Steve

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve, I'm the one in the middle.

Usernames left to right:
Darrell, TopNotch, DBrill, Ron768 or Ronzrx11, Aerodonamic, Fierofool, Redraif, Tinkerbell, Rockin Roger, Ron768 1/2, and Raydar.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierofool

12811 posts
Member since Jan 2002

Originally posted by johnt671:

I believe there are some wounded disabled vets on this forum.

That, and the lack of results through our other efforts is why I came to Pennocks. This forum has always come through when it's members need them. We would like to have someone in Georgia, north of a line from Columbus to Macon to Augusta, or very close by in nearby Alabama, Tennesse, North or South Carolina. The reason is so that they can attend our meetings and functions and so that we can help with maintaining the car.

johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I forgot to say that what your club is doing is really nice. I hope you find some one who deserves the car. Good luck.

Maybe try the Military Order of the Purple Heart or the Disabled American Vets office in your area.

[This message has been edited by johnt671 (edited 07-27-2014).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

That, and the lack of results through our other efforts is why I came to Pennocks. This forum has always come through when it's members need them. We would like to have someone in Georgia, north of a line from Columbus to Macon to Augusta, or very close by in nearby Alabama, Tennesse, North or South Carolina. The reason is so that they can attend our meetings and functions and so that we can help with maintaining the car.

I am going to make a suggestion for your Club to think about, why not look for Vet that had served in a combat zone. Reason being that any Vet going into a Combat Zone put their life on the line, and way too many of these Veterans do not get the respect they deserve - but will never ask for.

I know you guys want to make this "Special" and I can tell you from first hand experience that if you chose a Combat Zone Vet the result will be the same. A local group near me decided that they wanted to give a Award to 1 Combat Zone Vet for each branch of the Four Services (Navy, Air Force, Marines, & Army) over the next 4 Cars Shows they were having. They picked a very nice Trophy, at each show registration all entries were asked if they were a Vet with Combat Zone Service, if the answere was yes, they were asked to fill out a separate form with name, branch of service, combat zone, years in that zone. At mid day everyone was assembled in a presentation area, and one Vet Slip was pulled from the collection box. That Vet was requested to come up on stage, a respect interview was conducted with the Vet by the MC to get to know a little about that Vet, and at the end he was presented the Trophy. The response from the Crowd Assembled was just unbelievable - words cannot express the atmosphere which brought a lot of people to tears.

I have heard that after the final show in which the 4th Award was given out, the Club decided to make this a permanent fixture of their shows, due to so much positive feedback from the entire Community. Me being a receiver of the Navy Combat Zone Vet Trophy, I cannot put into words how the experience affected me, only to say, it was a Welcome Home I certainly never expected, and I will never forget !
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
California Kid, that is our intent. We want to give it to a wounded vet who can still drive an automatic vehicle. We have 2 88's, one being a 5 speed and this one being an automatic. We elected to try to find someone who might have lost one of their left side limbs. This car won't go to just any veteran. They must be in need of transportation. Thank you for your suggestion.
PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is such an awesome idea. I hope the right person can be located soon. Maybe try looking via Facebook groups also? The power of social media can go far sometimes.

~ Jennifer

------------------
Silver 1988 GT
Cobalt Blue 85 GT 3.4
MAFOA Newsletter Director

jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got assigned to the Warrior Transition Unit at Ft Bragg, NC. I'll keep a look out for anyone that fits the bill there. Who knows, maybe they will have someone from Georgia there who takes an interest in my Fiero...

[This message has been edited by jediperk (edited 07-27-2014).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2014 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We've still not found any candidates. All suggestions or help is appreciated.

Thanks All.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Georgia Fieros is still searching for a suitable recipient for the 88GT. None of the service-connected organizations seems to want to help unless it's putting money into their pockets. Any Georgia area VFW or American Legion members out there with connections or know of a possible recipient?
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sadly, those organizations start out with great intentions but slowly turn to money making machines. If you would like, I can contact 7th Special Forces Group and see if I can track down an individual in need.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, John, if you think they can find us some candidates in North Georgia.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't guarantee finding a military member in GA. Also, even if we find one they may move in their 3 year window to a new station. I can tell you that I will work hard to and find a deserving military member if you would like me to.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ideally we would like a disabled veteran. One that's been injured, maybe lost a left limb but can still drive an automatic vehicle without power steering. A friend of ours near Chattanooga works with the disabled through the VFW and is also searching through their organization. Every bit of help is possible. We were hoping to make delivery of the car this year, but we don't have the money to get it painted, so it might be next year before delivery.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2014 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made a trip up to Fayetteville, NC at Ft. Bragg, yesterday and met jediperk. Georgia Fieros would like to give a big big salute to this serviceman. He has donated a new set of tires and wheels plus much much more that will go to the Warrior Project.

The wheels and tires will go onto the car. Other items donated will be sold to help finance the project, possibly to help pay for the paint job. There is easily a couple of thousand dollars worth of Fiero stuff. Much of it is performance suspension parts. As soon as I can get it all cataloged and photographed, it will go up on the Georgia Fieros Message Board Market and/or in the Club Merchandise section.

Sway bars. Strut tower brace kits. Complete big brake systems to include the master cylinder and braided lines. Big bore throttle body with TPS and IAC. All items new and unused or practically new.

If interested, keep watch on our forum at www.gafiero.org There are currently no plans to place these items on Craigslist or Ebay.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2014 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I shared this with my cousin who is a First Sergeant at Fort Campbell (KY). I asked him if he knew anyone in GA but if not, maybe he will know someone in a neighboring area. I'll keep you posted.

~ Jennifer
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2014 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you, Jennifer. We would prefer to have someone in Georgia so that we can help maintain the car for the first two years, but if we can't locate a local Warrior, we will spread out. The car will go to a wounded Defender of Freedom.

I spoke with Ron768, our club president, and we discussed that if we can't get the car finished and delivered this year, we'll carry it on into 2015.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We've had two candidates referred to us. One is currently at Walter Reed receiving treatment and the other said that he was financially able to afford transportation. We hope to conduct an interview sometime in November, but we would like to have other candidates. If you're helping to search, please continue. Thanks all for your help and support.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

We've had two candidates referred to us. One is currently at Walter Reed receiving treatment and the other said that he was financially able to afford transportation. We hope to conduct an interview sometime in November, but we would like to have other candidates. If you're helping to search, please continue. Thanks all for your help and support.

Charley,

Toby is still looking for potential candidates in the Atlanta area and will contact me if a suitable one is found. Most of the current candidates that I know are well able to afford their own personal transportation and I would like to see this go to someone who is in real need. We will continue the search and see what develops.

Nelson
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2014 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thought i coundnt be anymore proud to own a Fiero. Well done !!!!!!
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Charlie I forgot a friend of ours works at the VA here in Maine and he may be able to do a computer search for a wounded Vet in your area. If you haven't found anyone yet or the car isn't done in time for this year, give me a call, you know the number.

Steve
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have a local candidate but we haven't met him, yet to do an interview. Disabled American Veterans referred him to us. We would like to talk with others. Options are still open until the car is finished, and that isn't likely to be in calendar year 2014. More candidates are welcome.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I Give Steve a call tomorrow about if he can do it via his connections on the computer at the VA, I forget what he does there, hell I may have never known for that matter. But hey it can't hurt, that was northern Georgia right? I will see what he says.

Steve
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2015 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The candidate we had has just disappeared. Even the DAV doesn't remember who they referred to us. SO, we are still in the hunt and still need help.

I'm also waiting on MAACO Corporate to get back to me about providing the paint job.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2015 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pennocks member Meistromichael is sending a fire extinguisher for the Warrior Project Car. That's F-I-R-E extinguisher, not F-I-E-R-O extinguisher. Intended to be used on other vehicles.

Thank you.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2015 04:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take it! My feelings got hurt at work once. Does that count?

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 08-04-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2015 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John, we were considering expanding our recipient area to run from the Atlantic through Virginia, W. Virginia, Kentucky to the Mississippi, south to the Gulf and back Eastward. One of our members has approached another at Ft. Gordon to try and help locate someone. I would need to talk with the rest of our Board and Officers, but your offer sounds like it would achieve a goal. We would prefer that it go to a wounded veteran, but most certainly one who's having a difficult time making it on military pay and should be in need of transportation. We would want them to agree to keep the vehicle for a minimum of two years. We believe it will be of more benefit than selling it and giving them the cash.

Let me bring this up before our meeting on April 11. I'll reply to your PM shortly.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2015 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been nearly a year and a half since this project actually began. It is now nearing completion. Thanks to the many Pennocks members who donated so much to the project and the Georgia Fieros members who gave of their time, money, spare parts and blood and sweat.

Custom wheels and new tires, new brakes and calipers, Eibach springs removed and stock springs installed. New sway bar end links and bushings, front and rear.

Thanks to pgackerman, the car will be getting a new paint job by Eagle Paint and Body in Grovetown, Ga. Paul solicited them to donate the paint job and they agreed. The car arrives at their shop tomorrow. Paul also made contact with Kim Elle and Jeanette Gilles of the Augusta Warrior Project http://augustawarriorproject.org/ and they have found a recipient for the car. All we know at the moment about the recipient is that he is a 27 year-old Ex-Marine, as if you can ever be Ex.

f85gtron will be completing a few details on the car while it's in Augusta and before delivery to the recipient.

We will be making delivery to the Marine on August 1 at the Augusta Cars and Coffee, along with Augusta Warrior Project and Eagle Paint and Body http://www.eaglepaintandbody.com/

Augusta Warrior Project will have TV and Newspaper coverage of the delivery. Any in the FT. Gordon area are welcome to come out and join us.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 06-17-2015).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2015 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What an amazing and rewarding project. I hope the recipient becomes a part of the Fiero community so we can all thank them for their service!

~ Jennifer
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2015 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Scottb, pgackerman and I turned the car over to Eagle Paint and Body at about 11am this morning. Here's a few pictures of how it looked at the time of the delivery.

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2015 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On August 1, 2015, the Georgia Fiero Club ( http://www.gafiero.org/bbs/index.php )will be donating a 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT to a Veteran identified by the Aiken/Augusta Warrior Project. The hand over will happen at Cars & Coffee ( https://www.facebook.com/CarsandCoffeeAugusta ), around 0930-1000. Located at:
3830 Washington Rd, Augusta, GA 30907
See here for more information on the Warrior Project Car: http://www.gafiero.org/bbs/index.php?topic=1812.0

We would like to have as many Fieros as possible to attend the dedication. All are invited even if you don't currently drive a Fiero or are not a Veteran. Please come out and show support. This couldn't have happened without the support of so many members on this and other Fiero forums. TV and print media coverage is scheduled.

Should you want to attend and arrive on Friday night, the LaQuinta Inn, Hampton Inn and Motel 6 are at Washington Road, Exit 199 of I-20 near the Cars and Coffee venue.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2015 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After a year and a half the Warrior Project car has finally found a new home. Dedication ceremonies can be found at http://wjbf.com/2015/08/01/...rs-nations-veterans/

Video is the third story down, AWP Coffee and Cars. http://www.wrdw.com/video The story may not be up very long.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2015 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Glad you found a disserving service man

Steve
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2015 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The link for the video is coverage of a pothole that was repaired in the road. (Small town I take it?

Glad to see this has cone to fruition. I know you guys worked hard on that car, and even harder just to cut through all the red tape to find a deserving person to take ownership. Kudos to all you you that were involved!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2015 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TopNotch has grabbed it and put it on YouTube. Here's a solid link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJj-pgVXGc4

The Augusta Warrior Project organization was very instrumental in helping to find a recipient. They work with disabled veterans to help in all areas of need.

The Georgia Fieros people put a lot of time, effort, and materials into this car. This is the way we found it.

This is how we delivered it. Fresh out the door of Eagle Paint and Body in Grovetown, Georgia, a suburb of Augusta.

Copyright, PGAckerman, 2015

PFF members also were a major benefactor through donation of parts, and in some cases, cash. Maybe he doesn't want the publicity, but he's gonna get it, right now. Our own Jediperk was a major contributor, having provided the custom wheels with tires, plus so many of the parts that were sold to raise money. We were so glad to see him attend the dedication, yesterday.

The recipient as he experienced his first Pontiac Excitement

Copright, P. Swayne, 2015
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay