Harness Help Needed by Sonny Burnett 21
Started on: 07-23-2014 06:39 PM
Replies: 14 (253 views)
Last post by: Sonny Burnett 21 on 07-28-2014 12:53 AM
Sonny Burnett 21

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Burnett 21Send a Private Message to Sonny Burnett 21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How do I remove the engine harness from the car. Im trying to ge the harness out of the car to get it swaped for a 3800 swap. I have both sides threw the firewall. And now im stuck. Please help
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only the harness on the driver side needs to be pulled though to the engine bay. Disconnect the ECM, the C-203 (under the ECM), unbolt the ALDL and pull the harness through to the engine compartment. Disconnect the C-500 ( by the battery) and the red wires from the BJT (under the C-500). Start disconnecting plugs from sensors on the motor. Trace them out and soon you will have them all.
Sonny Burnett 21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Burnett 21Send a Private Message to Sonny Burnett 21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive got all the engine plug ins out its getting it all free so i can send it off and I cant figure it out. And I cant post pics on here to show where im at
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sonny Burnett 21:

How do I remove the engine harness from the car. Im trying to ge the harness out of the car to get it swaped for a 3800 swap. I have both sides threw the firewall. And now im stuck. Please help

All the plugs and grounds are removed ?? You should have NO problem whats so ever.... on what side of the firewall are stuck in the trunk or in the seating compartement ? I did this dozens of time ...... if all your plugs and grounds are undone there is no reason not to be able to remove the harness easily
regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Sonny Burnett 21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Burnett 21Send a Private Message to Sonny Burnett 21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The harness on the driver side is in the engine bay the passenger side is giving me trouble the problem is I don't know where it stops
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You do not need to remove or modify the harness that goes thru the passenger side opening. Leave it intact in the factory position.
Sonny Burnett 21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Burnett 21Send a Private Message to Sonny Burnett 21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought both sides are needed to get it done for a 3800 swap
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The chassis harness requires no modifications. The engine harness is modified to work with the existing chassis harness.
Put the harness that went thru the passenger side firewall pass thru back in place......
Sonny Burnett 21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Burnett 21Send a Private Message to Sonny Burnett 21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So what your telling me I only need the driver side out to to get swapped over. Now I'm wondering what does the passenger side control
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The passenger side harness does several things, including...
Rear lights.
Cruise control.
Engine interface with gages.
Start signal.
Charging system.
Power to fuse box.
Power to headlights.

Sonny Burnett 21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Burnett 21Send a Private Message to Sonny Burnett 21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok thatmakes sense about that side of the harness so now all I have to do is get the driver side out for a 3800 swap
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sonny Burnett 21:

The harness on the driver side is in the engine bay the passenger side is giving me trouble the problem is I don't know where it stops

Sounds like you already have it out of the interior and into the engine bay. Simple enough now to unplug from engine and remove.......

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 07-25-2014).]

Sonny Burnett 21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Burnett 21Send a Private Message to Sonny Burnett 21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep that's what I'm looking like. But I was under the impression that both sides were needed and they were wired together
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The wiring can be confusing and intimidating when swapping drivetrains.
The best plan is to research the needed modifications carefully and completely (no matter what system; cooling, inlet air, exhaust, wiring, etc.) prior to diving in and tearing things apart.
Sonny Burnett 21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Burnett 21Send a Private Message to Sonny Burnett 21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The research was done with a fine tooth comb. The thing is the last owner took the engine out ( for what I don't know ) and Im taking my time with getting this swap done. Its been a headache because I don't have someone with me that has done this before.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock