Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  i went lapping for the first time in my life... i cant drive haha.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
i went lapping for the first time in my life... i cant drive haha. by 86_fiero_gt_92
Started on: 07-20-2014 10:17 AM
Replies: 2 (205 views)
Last post by: seq on 07-20-2014 01:48 PM
86_fiero_gt_92

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_fiero_gt_92Send a Private Message to 86_fiero_gt_92Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A guy from work convinced me to go lapping at Toronto motorsports park with him one day, i thought it would be a good idea to record the first couple laps i did. The car is a 85 se with a 3800sc II, grand am brake swap, 4spd manual. well here is the video, try not to laugh at my driving.

http://youtu.be/XWlmuaobW50

some things i have learned... bad rear inner tierod ends make the back of the car sketchy (i had them ordered but they didnt come in time). the grand am brake swap is good but they will still over heat after about 6 laps if you are using cheap pads. the sound of a 3800sc fiero will confuse and intrigue the import guys. and lapping is one of the most fun things you can do with a car. I have decided that after doing some more work on the fiero i will go to a race school to learn how to drive.

and here is a pic of the car at the track

[This message has been edited by 86_fiero_gt_92 (edited 07-20-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well I was going to say you weren't doing bad, up until 2:42 into the video and you did that little 180. But it maybe just that there was no snow on the ground and you are not used to driving on dry pavement. I mean you are in Canada.

Not bad really for a first timer and bad suspension parts. A lot of people don't know how to handle a Fiero as they are essentially a rear wheel drive car and most are used to front wheel drive cars and how they handle. Might I make a suggestion? Next time brake ahead of the turn and accelerate into it and all the way threw. rear wheel drive cars push into a corner and front wheel drive cars pull into a corner.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

seq

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I drove an Ariel Atom at that track. I think I'd need some racing lessons before I went back, too.

------------------
--
Seq

1987 Fiero GT : Information | Gallery

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay