Started on: 07-15-2014 04:14 PM
Replies: 24 (367 views)
Last post by: blakeinspace on 09-30-2014 09:26 AM
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2014 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello NTFC and other visitors,

This thread will cover club activities through September:

When I joined NTFC in 2001, all we did was meet each month and have a Christmas party. Fast forward ten years and now we still meet each month and still have a Christmas party. BUT!... we do a lot more too...
We hold cruises in Spring and Fall
We attend car shows with sister car clubs
We travel out of town and state for Fiero events
AND.... we occasionally get invited to hang out and have supper... how nice!
We have TWO such activities coming up, and I hope you can attend both. Normally we would try and space them out... but that is just not how the calendar worked out this year. Regardless, both will be fun and I soundly thank the hosts. I would prefer not to go back to the 2001 club era, and their hospitality should be acknowledged and enjoyed.

July 26th-- regular club meeting for lunch at Pappas BBQ followed by the Jim Swim. Make a day of it and caravan to Terrell to join in Jim's hospitality! There is some grillin' and swimmin' and visitin'. It's too hot to work on that car anyway so why not cool down in the pool? This has been an annual summer event for our club for several years, and one of the few events that my wife actually will go to... so it must be good.

August 23rd-- regular club meeting for lunch at Pappas BBQ followed by the first ever Lynn Swim. Make a day of it and caravan to NRH to join us in Lynn's hospitality! I guess he does not yet realize what he is in for... so it may be the only Lynn Swim... better come to this one too while you have the chance! No promises that my wife will make this one... but I hear that Ant's wife will...

September 27th-- CLUB MEETING IS MOVED! join NTFC and other proud Pontiacs for the Pontiac Southern Nationals to be held at the Cavanaugh Flight Museum in Addison. The PSN is a large event and includes a show on Saturday and racing in Ennis on Sunday. Your show admission gets you access to the museum. Several of us attended last year and it made for a real nice show experience. Show up early enough and get covered parking in a large hangar! Tom will be coordinating this event as I will be out of town.
Here is a link to their good looking flyer:
http://www.dapa.org/wp-cont...PSN-Flyer-2014_4.pdf
and for more details and if you would like to pre-reg and avoid the line:
http://www.dapa.org/psn-apcs-registration/

Have a pleasant summer and hope to see you at these exciting events that make us one of the most diverse and active clubs in the US!
I will have a new thread to cover the Fall. It will be busy for us with Ruckus 13, a regular meeting, a Fall Fun Run, and the X-mas Party.

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 08-19-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fierosmith

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You all come out and have some fun!

Here's hoping the weather will cooperate!

Jim
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In case anyone wanted to see Blake in a bathing suit...............................

Mike P.
NEVERDONE

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Crap! We gotta wear swim suites?! Im not going!
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hottest day of the year will be on Saturday!

Coolest place to be will is in Jims pool!
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually the pool water is just a little on the cool side...

Just right for the blistering 104* forcast for Saturday and Sunday...

You might just want to bring a cap....

Oh and by the way,

Its our fearless leaders Birthday Today!

Happy Birthday Mr. President!

Jim
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Jim!

Jen is wondering if we can bring anything?
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a great Saturday to hang out with friends!

Jim, thank you and Debbie so much for hosting us and having a delicious array of food.

It was a hot day but the pool and drinks were cool! And Happy Birthday to you too!
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Blake,

Im glad that everyone had a great time,

I enjoyed having everyone over.

Im glad also the weather was just perfect for this event, as it has cooled off tremendously since then.

Jim
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello NTFC,

Hope you guys remembered to save the date! August 23rd-- our regular club meeting for lunch at Pappas BBQ followed by the first ever
Lynn Swim.

For the regular club meeting we will cover our future event plans and do a little Show & Tell (bring something if you have something of interest!).

We want to thank Jim for sharing his place with us after the July meeting for swim and cookout. Debbie made some great sides and Jim had good dogs and pulled pork sandwiches. It made for a pleasant day.

Speaking of swimming... Lynn has invited us back to his pad in NRH for a post meeting party. I believe Tom has some more information that he will add in this email. For possibly the first time ever... my wife is making back to back meetings. Somehow I think the common thread here IS NOT Fieros... but I will take her anyway I can get her.

Looking ahead, don't forget that the September meeting will still be 4th weekend, but will be held in conjunction with the PSN at Cavanaugh Flight Museum in Addison.

Hope to see you all on Saturday!

--blake

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 08-19-2014).]

Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup, Im up for the Meet, as well as the Lyn Swim.

For you and attendees, I have another show and tell item...

But Im not gonna hint as to what it is...

Jim
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will be at the meeting....maybe bringing Dominic from Houston...since he is delivering me a car early Saturday morning.

Also I have a few Fieros up for sale.

* 88 Red GT T-Top / Grey interior... currently roller, but will throw in a 2.8 & 5-speed....you rebuild ...$1500.00
* 87 Black GT / Tan Interior 2.8 / 5 Speed ...$3000.00
* 88 Primer-ed GT with 308 Body from EVM_Rob...hung and primer-ed, with Rodney's Euro bumper / Grey interior 2.8 / 5 Speed...$5000.00
NEVERDONE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since you are attending this month I will have your club shirts!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEVERDONE:

Since you are attending this month I will have your club shirts!

THANKS!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well Dominic dropped off the 328 this morning, unfortunately he got here a little too late for me to make the NTFC meeting his morning
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many Many thanks to Lynn and Tammy and Austin for opening up their home to the club!

My wife and I had a wonderful time.

I poured some salt into the bathtub to capture the same experience as your pool... but it is not quite the same.
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lynn for NTFC president.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

Lynn for NTFC president.

Here! Here!

And here is email I sent to club:
Hello Club,

The organizer of the Abilene Ruckus (October 3-5) has requested that everyone interested in a shirt to please let him know quantity and size in this thread on Pennocks:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/094225.html
details to the event can be found there, and I will be planning for Friday fun if anyone would like to caravan with me. It will be a somewhat early start because I want to eat lunch in Abilene... a 'little' place I heard about...

So please try to make the 13th Anniversary of the Ruckus tradition and let Hiwil (our host) know your shirt order!

I wanted to mention what a great meeting we had on Saturday. We had 6 new people show up... incredible. Chris, Tom, Mike, Aaron, Bobby, and Dale. Yeah, I know it sounds like I just made those up... but they are legit. We welcome you guys back and hope you had a good time. Jim did a presentation on electric window and door lock options on Fiero. Tim talked about welding manifolds, and I showed off a brick from the now demolished Plant17 (the real Fiero Factory) from Pontiac Michigan. Also, thanks to Mark and Nathan who detoured over to help Aaron get his 'new' white 88 GT running. It sounds like it was the coil that let go. It was an Accel coil, and I too have had one go out on me. Believe it or not, I have had better luck with AC Delco junkyard coils than even new MSD. Thanks guys for rescuing a new member, that really shows the spirit of helpfulness in this club, and I know it is not the first time that Mark and Nathan have helped others like they too have been helped by others!

A very big "Thank You" to Lynn and Tammy and Austin for opening up their home. It was a great Saturday. We had chips & dips, BBQ and dogs, sangria and beer and soda, cookies, gambling, stories,... and oh yeah... swimming. You guys were very nice to have us out and the club appreciates your hospitality. I think events like this also encourage wives and girlfriends and female Fiero owners to stay active... always a good thing.

Club members, please travel safe over the Labor Day weekend, and don't forget September meeting is in Addison at the Cavanaugh Flight Museum!

-blake

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 08-26-2014).]

fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
Egor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EgorSend a Private Message to EgorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone going to the Pontiac Southern Nationals car show this weekend?

I will finally be in town for an event this weekend and plan to be there. Need some company!!!

Egor

------------------

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Egor:

Anyone going to the Pontiac Southern Nationals car show this weekend?

I will finally be in town for an event this weekend and plan to be there. Need some company!!!

Egor

Anthony is in charge of coordinating this event. I think several people will be there unfortunately I have to work so I'll will not.
PFF
System Bot
NEVERDONE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I as well as a few others will be there. I hope to get there around 8am to try and get a decent spot. So far looks like maybe 4 or 5 fieros will be there.
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I plan to be at PSN, Code Blue will debut.

Im gonna try to be there around 9 am.

Jim

? who's gonna be fearless leader???

Neverdone, if it's like last year, parking is in the order you arrive, not group parking... unfortunately...

[This message has been edited by Fierosmith (edited 09-24-2014).]

fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2014 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anthony will be ramrodding the event in the absence of most high commander in chief, Blake.

I will be there, sadly no Fiero, but with my unwandering support of NTFC.

Weather is suppose to be great. Don't forget lawn chairs, coolers & refreshments.....................

Mike Parker
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2014 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello club!, greetings from the city of brotherly shove. I hope everyone had a good PSN! Thank you Ant for helping facilitate our meeting at this event.

Ruckus is this weekend! I hope you have made plans to join this yearly October tradition! It is always a good time in an interesting location and Fiero friends travel from all over to join.

This year is Abilene is our destination. For those able to join in the traditional Friday caravan, we will be meeting at the PETROL Truck Stop off exit 409 & I-20, right hand side. The have a diner there for some breakfast called The Iron Skillet if you'd like to come early. Let's meet at 1000 and roll out at 1015.

Our cruise will be an uninspiring 2 hours west on 20, I had other ideas, but the added moved our start location towards Stephenville, which is just not fair to those coming from way North or Dallas. The primary reason for our 1000 depart... We are going to experience lunch at a super secret hard to get at Texas foodie destination... Supposedly the best steak in Texas or go a little lighter for a more traditional lunch. Afterwards lunch I have a few other detour adventures for us...

See you guys on Friday morning!

---blake

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock