Help finding the right Fiero by formulaWA
Started on: 07-11-2014 12:28 AM
Replies: 32 (1359 views)
Last post by: formulaWA on 07-06-2017 10:39 PM
formulaWA

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for formulaWASend a Private Message to formulaWAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Folks

I am looking for specific Fiero and was hoping members here could keep an eye out where they live for me. I will have the car shipped if it is the right one.

I am looking for a Formula (hence my catchy name)
Mint condition
Low miles (less than 20,000)
As many options as possible
Must have a T-roof (I have 2 formulas already with 6,400 original combined miles without t-roofs)
Prefer an automatic
Color in order of preference Yellow, Red, Dark red, white, black
Or if someone happens across a mint T-top kit that might work too.

I Saw a 7,500 mile GT and seriously considered buying that and swapping the parts off my formula to "make" a t-top formula

Thanks for your help
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not sure if it is still for sale or not, but here is a nice one: http://appleton.craigslist.org/cto/4538659583.html

Only thing is it's a manual...
formulaWA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for formulaWASend a Private Message to formulaWAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still looking
turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://washingtondc.craigsl.../cto/4674903021.html

Not low-mileage or auto but still decent!

[This message has been edited by turbo86se (edited 09-21-2014).]

jsmorter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jsmorterSend a Private Message to jsmorterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
have you considered swapping in a t top setup? It isn't that difficult other than finding good seals. Oh wait I see you were considering buying the GT to swap the t tops in. Why not just shop for the t tops alone?

[This message has been edited by jsmorter (edited 09-21-2014).]

formulaWA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2014 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for formulaWASend a Private Message to formulaWAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Folks
Still looking for that tbar Formula if anybody has any leads
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2014 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Obviously you are a Formula Geek......so you realize how few were made. The CJB option was only..299 cars. Figure half of those were automatics, and half of those are now gone. So now we are down to 75 cars and I think that is probably generous considering all the Formulas that ended up cannibalised to make kit cars. How many of the remainder have under 10,000 miles? .....maybe 10.

But I suspect you will be patient...

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 12-06-2014).]

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2014 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know where there is a 88 T-Top Formula her in TX that you could get for a steal....PM if you are interested.
formulaWA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2014 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for formulaWASend a Private Message to formulaWAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

Obviously you are a Formula Geek......so you realize how few were made. The CJB option was only..299 cars. Figure half of those were automatics, and half of those are now gone. So now we are down to 75 cars and I think that is probably generous considering all the Formulas that ended up cannibalised to make kit cars. How many of the remainder have under 10,000 miles? .....maybe 10.

But I suspect you will be patient...

I have been so far :-) . It's easy to find a GT tbar but the Formula's are a different story
formulaWA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2015 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for formulaWASend a Private Message to formulaWAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Folks

Still being patient .. :-)

I am looking for a Formula (hence my catchy name)
Mint condition
Low miles (less than 20,000)
As many options as possible
Must have a T-roof (I have 2 formulas already with 6,400 original combined miles without t-roofs)
Prefer an automatic
Color in order of preference Yellow, Red, Dark red, white, black
Or if someone happens across a mint T-top kit that might work too.
hcforde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2015 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hcfordeSend a Private Message to hcfordeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw one a couple of days ago on craigslist but I do not remember exactly where. I was looking in a lot of states.

------------------
1988 GT, Automatic, running - bought in Illinois and drove to Austin
1986 SE, 4 cyl, 5 speed running - Bought in California and drove to Austin
1988 GT, T-Top - non running - "Trailered" back from California going to be restored (in storage)
1986 GT, highly modified engine/exhaust, but slave/clutch issue - Trailered back from Las Cruces, NM Chop-top candidate (in storage)
1986 SE, bought locally, Automatic won't shift into gear - Chop-top candidate (in storage)
6-11-2014 acquisition - 1987 GT Tangerine/Silver

PFF
System Bot
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2015 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a sweet yellow Formula for sale - link in my signature.

Check it out, and if you like it, let's make a deal.

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com

1988 Fiero Formula - Automoda convertible
repainted PPG Ferrari 'Giallo Modena' yellow - FOR SALE! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/070673.html
1988 Fiero 4-cyl Coupe - Dad's car, the Indy 'clone' - now enjoyed by my older brother in memory of Dad

formulaWA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2015 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for formulaWASend a Private Message to formulaWAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still looking :-)
alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2015 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2015 04:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by alcazar88:

Not perfect, but getting close...

I could never understand the attraction of putting a bra on a Fiero. IMO, it's a butt-ugly addition.

alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2015 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you looked underneath your cars, maybe you only have the common male version? This specific example appears to be a late model female version which makes it even more rare. Couple that with the t-tops and I think there are probably only 2 or 3 left on the road.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2015 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by alcazar88:

This specific example appears to be a late model female version which makes it even more rare.

That explains the bra, eh?

I enjoy taking them off... oh sorry, I was thinking of something else.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2015 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Truth is if you look under the bra most times you will see paint or body damage. The bra either caused it or it is hiding damage done before.

They were made for trips and not daily use. Some 80's things just never died.
Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2015 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was going to make the same point .
I have bra 's on both my Fiero's.
Not to PROTECT (the paint) but rather to HIDE (spider cracks )
This is what happens when you have very flexible body panels but not flexible paint.
Kit

[This message has been edited by Kitskaboodle (edited 05-29-2015).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2015 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kitskaboodle:

I have bra 's on both my Fiero's.
Not to PROTECT (the paint) but rather to HIDE (spider cracks )

I don't get it though... how is it you think a bra on your Fiero(s) looks better than seeing spider cracks in the paint?
formulaWA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2015 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for formulaWASend a Private Message to formulaWAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi folks

Still looking for the right Formula if anyone has a lead. (See the beginning for details). I even have a Formula (1800 original miles) to trade for it if necessary

Thanks
PFF
System Bot
formulaWA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2016 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for formulaWASend a Private Message to formulaWAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And again Still looking if anyone has seen that elusive car
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2016 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by formulaWA:

And again Still looking if anyone has seen that elusive car

You're watching in California right? Still lots of good cars there.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2016 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is your budget?
formulaWA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2017 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for formulaWASend a Private Message to formulaWAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still looking. Let me know if you see one

Thanks
formulaWA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2017 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for formulaWASend a Private Message to formulaWAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found the right Fiero

Exactly what I was looking for all original yellow, t-bar automatic all options. with 14,000 original miles. Took a while to find it...

Thanks to all you folks who took the time to make suggestions and post them to my thread. You effort was appreciated.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2017 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pictures?

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 06-29-2017).]

wgpierce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2017 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mistake post

[This message has been edited by wgpierce (edited 06-29-2017).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2017 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2017 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by formulaWA:

I found the right Fiero

Exactly what I was looking for all original yellow, t-bar automatic all options. with 14,000 original miles. Took a while to find it...

Thanks to all you folks who took the time to make suggestions and post them to my thread. You effort was appreciated.

Thanks for following up with a post but pics would be appreciated. Pretty much for the right price anything you can imagine is available. But a time will come when the only nice Fieros are in museums or rare garage queens. I personally would never want a garage queen, but to each his or her own. There needs to be another term for Fieros that haven't left the garage because the owner is too broke or lazy to fix it. Garage Prince?
formulaWA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for formulaWASend a Private Message to formulaWAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

pictures?

And special thinks to Kevin87GT for pointing me in the right direction

[This message has been edited by formulaWA (edited 07-05-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
Spektrum-87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2017 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Spektrum-87GTSend a Private Message to Spektrum-87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amazing find! I remember back in the day when the yellow t-top Formula was of mythical status. I bet one with such low mileage set you back a few bucks!
formulaWA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2017 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for formulaWASend a Private Message to formulaWAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trust me they are still mythical status. Took me 10 years and a lot of looking 2 find this one and then to get the current owner to part with it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock