stainless steel interior dash kits by cowboy39
Started on: 07-10-2014 08:31 PM
Replies: 4 (637 views)
Last post by: IMSA GT on 08-09-2014 11:42 AM
cowboy39

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cowboy39Send a Private Message to cowboy39Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The owner where i work told me i can use the laser cutter and waterjet anytime i wanted to just have to pay for maintance run time on them so am making me a dash kit out of stainlees steel .he is going to write the programs up so i was just curious if anyone would be interested in them or if anyone had any ideal of some parts people would be interested in thanks and have a good day
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Pac-Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pac-ManClick Here to visit Pac-Man's HomePageSend a Private Message to Pac-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you ever do this? I would be interested in seeing some pictures of the the finished product.

Originally posted by cowboy39:

The owner where i work told me i can use the laser cutter and waterjet anytime i wanted to just have to pay for maintance run time on them so am making me a dash kit out of stainlees steel .he is going to write the programs up so i was just curious if anyone would be interested in them or if anyone had any ideal of some parts people would be interested in thanks and have a good day

Lunatic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LunaticSend a Private Message to LunaticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just went through this as I have a 3500 watt laser at work. I had some aftermarket gauges laying around so I made some plates in order to house them. I used aluminum but in retrospect I think brushed stainless steel might look nicer.

I didn't like how low the speedo and tach sat in the housing. So I raised them up a bit.

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look identical to what I have in the Black Widow for 2 years minus the center Pontiac ........ good job on makin them !!

regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 08-09-2014).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The biggest hangup with the dash kits has always been the center console. Trying to make a plate that accomodates the ashtray doors is a pain in the ass. Also trying to make a plate for the automatic shift indicators is tough as well.

I think that if you made the parts in plain stainless and let the buyer "grain" the stainless with 120 sandpaper in whichever direction they feel, it would look great. That way you wouldn't have to worry about placement in the machine and having people say "I wanted the grain sideways, not up and down".

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 08-09-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock