Photobucket assistance by wayneman
Started on: 07-04-2014 01:07 PM
Replies: 35 (412 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 01-22-2015 11:33 PM
wayneman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have downloaded photobucket to my samsung galaxy 3 and my mac notebook. Question: How do i post an actual photo to the forum and not just a link?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To the right of you pic on Photobucket you will see some tabs or links. Click the one that says img. Click on the actual img letters part. Your cursor should turn into a little hand pointing. Anyway click on that and the word copied should pop up briefly. Then type your post up or what ever. Move your cursor to a good spot. Ideally a new line. Then right click and paste.

Like so...

Then I usually delete the part of the paste, when it's still text, that contains the url. Just keep the part from [img] your image here [img].

Go ahead and give it a shot. Or link us to your PB and we can try and explain it further.

You can do it!

edit for dang typos.

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 07-04-2014).]

Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2014 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Solution: Switch to Flickr.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "downloaded Photobucket to my Mac notebook" as there is nothing to "download" however the process is actually quite simple to master.

On a Mac, using Safari or Firefox (for my example) I usually work for 2 tabs so that I can copy the link from one to another.

Lets assume you wanted to post a photo to a build thread, in Firefox you would navigate to the page you would like to post to and once you have clicked on the reply button you would get a window like this:

I open a second tab in Firefox by clicking here:

Navigate to Photobucket and click on the Upload button here:

Which will take to you to this window where you click to upload your file:

Navigate to your file:

On a quick side note a couple of things you need to know about the files you upload

First, you will want to keep you files under 800 pixels wide (in Photoshop or whatever application you will be using to resize them). I use this size because nearly every device, computer or handheld can show 800 pixels wide without scrolling:

Second, when you save your file they have a maximum size (on your hard drive) of 150K. This limit was set by Cliff to limit band width usage and if your file is larger it will not appear in your post however an icon will.

Finally, use jpeg (most common) or png format. Either will work with Photobucket but jpeg is a little easier to compress small for the size limitation.

Back to the posting of files:

Once your files have uploaded click image thumbnail to preview your file: To your lower right you will see a URL link window. By clicking on it you will automatically copy the link to your clipboard which you can copy into your reply window:

Go back to your post reply window and paste (on Mac Command-V) your image link.

Now you are are done!

I like to preview the post before I submit it by clicking on "Preview" next to the "Submit Reply" button:

Hope this clears thing up a little for you

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 shipped to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 07-04-2014).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For everyone else with Windows as their OS... use PIP to post images.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-04-2014).]

wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

My ride!

[This message has been edited by wayneman (edited 07-04-2014).]

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great but remember the size limit. Your file is over 300k and it must be 150k or less to appear in-line. None-the-less, it worked car looks good!

Dr. W.
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wayneman

188 posts
Member since Jun 2014
Happy 4th !!! I wish it would stop raining so I could go for a ride. Wife out of town fiero in garage. :'(
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wayneman

188 posts
Member since Jun 2014

nice overspray huh. can you replace the weather strip that is missing?

[This message has been edited by wayneman (edited 07-04-2014).]

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you can find one along with the elusive clips. The strip is what is often referred to as the recall weather strip. It was pulled by GM during the recall. Be very careful driving in the rain without it as water will drip onto the front manifold and cause it to crack.

Keep an eye out in the Mall section here on Pennocks or maybe even post a WTB recall weather strip and clips ad.
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And in the future when your photobucket account has gone away all your pics will be red "X"s The best way to preserve your pics for posterity is to upload them using PIP. Next best is to use "myfiero.com"
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

And in the future when your photobucket account has gone away all your pics will be red "X"s The best way to preserve your pics for posterity is to upload them using PIP. Next best is to use "myfiero.com"

PIP doesn't work with the Mac OS does it?

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 07-05-2014).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

PIP doesn't work with the Mac OS does it?

no but www.myfiero.com does.

And for as long as PFF exists, www.myfiero.com is likely to be around as well, (they are hosted on the same physical server).
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

no but www.myfiero.com does.

And for as long as PFF exists, www.myfiero.com is likely to be around as well, (they are hosted on the same physical server).

Ok JScott. I browsed and uploaded a random Fiero pic there. Now how do I find it and or it's link?

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:
Ok JScott. I browsed and uploaded a random Fiero pic there. Now how do I find it and or it's link?

Therein lays the problem, I could not find a way to forward nor copy a link anywhere.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Therein lays the problem, I could not find a way to forward nor copy a link anywhere.

Ditto.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I could not find a way to forward nor copy a link anywhere.

That's very odd. I've used that app previously and it worked fine. It appears there's a "button" or window or something missing... no way to access the URL of the uploaded image. Strange.

I've sent a message to the site host mentioning this problem.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-05-2014).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

That's very odd. I've used that app previously and it worked fine. It appears there's a "button" or window or something missing... no way to access the URL of the uploaded image. Strange.

I've sent a message to the site host mentioning this problem.

I haven't used it in a while...appears busted at the moment.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I haven't used it in a while...appears busted at the moment.

One thing I didn't like about using this app (when it was working!) is that it apparently is limited to an image file size of 100 KB, whereas PIP allows up to 300 KB.
Michiganman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2015 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MichiganmanSend a Private Message to MichiganmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Test: trying to learn how to get pic from photobucket using Samsung tablet. Android

Edit: Wow!!!! It worked. Thanks for the tutorial.

[This message has been edited by Michiganman (edited 01-17-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2015 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I personally use Picturetrail for mine. Open the site, click on pic I want, click to copy the IMG link, automatically resizes. Then on the forum, just click control V. Photobucket looks awfully complicated to me. But im not that cmptr savey.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2015 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And this is exactly why Photobucket, ImageShack, PictureTrail etc all suck when used here.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2015 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not unless the move or delete their picture... which I like to be able to do. Reader can always save them if they want before it is. I usually leave any pic there for months. Some Ive had there for years. I can only keep like 500 photos, so when its full I have to clean house a bit.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2015 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Couldnt a guy just start up another photobucket?
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or couldn't a guy fix PIP to work with everybody all the time.
Get tired of all the PIP is the best crap. I have had it working on three different computers in the past. Worked fine, then for NO reason quite one day. Two of the machines to never have work again, the third got working again, then quit again some time after for NO reason. Photobucket for the win. Has not let me down since using it four plus years now. One account and all I use it for is posting pics.

Kevin
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

Get tired of all the PIP is the best crap.

Well Kevin, despite the issues you and Roger have had with it, PIP is still the best way to post images in this forum and have them stick around.

Photobucket for the win.

I don't think so.

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't be the best when you cant ****ing use it.

Kevin
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lambo nut

4442 posts
Member since Sep 2003

For the win.

Kevin
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can't be the best when you cant ****ing use it.

Perhaps, but PIP is still the best when Photobucket images just ****ing disappear.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 01-22-2015).]

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For the win, etc, etc.

Kevin
PFF
System Bot
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lambo nut

4442 posts
Member since Sep 2003

Perhaps, but PIP is still the best when Photobucket images just ****ing disappear.

Mine have gone nowhere.

For the win.

Older picture by the way.

[This message has been edited by Lambo nut (edited 01-22-2015).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For the win.

Kevin

Six months from now.
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't blame Photobucket when the problem is the user.

Can't blame the user when the problem is PIP.

For the WIN!!

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lambo nut

4442 posts
Member since Sep 2003

Six months from now.

The picture above your last post is going on 6 years old now. Not sure what you think is going to happen to it or any of the others in the next 6 months.

Kevin
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The picture above your last post is going on 6 years old now. Not sure what you think is going to happen to it or any of the others in the next 6 months.

Well Kevin, you are the exception to the rule then.

The blank Photobucket image I posted is copied from a post in this very thread which is less than 7 months old. This happens all the time here. It ruins the tech threads.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock