Neffsville Car Show 2014 by amflyer
Started on: 07-03-2014 04:56 PM
Replies: 23 (644 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 07-20-2014 05:40 AM
amflyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mason Dixon Fiero's and Mid Atlantic Fiero's will team up for a car show at Neffsville September 20th 2014. I will be taking preregistrations for the Mason Dixon group for this event. We will award a best of show trophy donated by Mason Dixon Fieros for the very 1st Mike Mayer memorial award the day of that show. At this time Mike's wife may be attending and chosing the car of her choice to recieve this award. Please join us at Neffsville, PA to get together and honor Mike who was truely an asset to the Fiero Community. Please contact me for preregistration for this show @ 84indy@gmail.com or just shoot me a PM. Preregistration cost are only 15 dollars and it includes a free lunch. Hope to see you at this show

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car\1988 Formula Custom\1986 turbo GT
Founder of Mason Dixon Fiero Owners Group
NYFOC Member

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FTF Engineering

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It fell off the bottom of page one so you probably didn't see it, but there's already a Neffsville thread started:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/094230.html

Seems we need to bump that thread more often so it doesn't disappear again.

MAFOA is still working on some of the details for the show like what classes will be available and what the show costs will be to enter the show-within-a-show, but all of that info will be available on the Neffsville thread when it's firmed up.

And you'll be able to register right though the MAFOA site. Not ready yet, but will be soon:
http://www.mafoa.com/neffsville-2014

Looking forward to a great show!
amflyer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mason Dixon owners please register thru our group contacting me. I have already arranged this thru the MAFOA president. Do not register thru MAFOA as our count could be doubled. Sorry for the confusion

------------------
NYFOC Member

Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kinda hesitant on registering ...for the show with in the show I don't want to be in the modified/custom class I don't think it's fair to go against a modded better looking motor when I wanna keep the same motor in mine ... Just my opinion ... That was one reason I didn't want to attend litiz in the spring

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Pegasus88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pegasus88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hardpact:

Kinda hesitant on registering ...for the show with in the show I don't want to be in the modified/custom class I don't think it's fair to go against a modded better looking motor when I wanna keep the same motor in mine ... Just my opinion ... That was one reason I didn't want to attend litiz in the spring

Yeah I agree with you on that one. I like the separate classes for modified and custom. It's really hard to compare a 2.8 to a 3800 or really any swap.
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pegasus88GT:

Yeah I agree with you on that one. I like the separate classes for modified and custom. It's really hard to compare a 2.8 to a 3800 or really any swap.

Agreed, with the both of you. I have no interest if that's not fixed.... I'll keep doing my own thing...

MAFOA Events

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2014 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At this point, it will be based on numbers. If enough registrants register, those classes will be split but numbers have not always warranted it and to keep the show affordable, the club is trying to limit the cost of trophies that go back in the box. Encourage your friends to pre-register so the classes will be split.

amflyer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2014 06:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its a shame that they want to limit money spent on trophys since I left the treasury fat with over 1000 dollars when I stepped down. Trophys for the classes that were in the past only ran about 125 bucks total, they are charging extra on their registration and I would think they would make more money than that. I will get the Mason Dixon guys together and get a vote maybe we should just go in by ourselves. I would take the trophy cost out of my pocket to make it right! If we do that there would be no extra charge on the show registration at all, your meal is free already built into the show fee. I will post out decision shortly!

------------------
NYFOC Member

Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2014 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do believe there were enough cars last year to do seperate classes ... I might just wait till day of show to register to see what classes are available .... Cause I could class my car as daily driver ...

And Pegasus88gt I really like your car bro super nice !! Great job on that !!
Fierobruiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2014 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
.......and I don't like there not being a Factory Stock class. Many events I wind up in Stock Notchback against people who have totally restored/repainted their cars. Then there are people who, in my opinion. are erroneously entered in Factory Stock because their car is not 'just like' it rolled out of the factory and of course in SN are way better than a 'survivor car'. Yeah, it may be perfectly correct, but not like it just came off the line. I may comment on it but I don't go whining about it and let it spoil my show.

It would be nice if we could have MF, MN, CF, CN and if we have more than 3 cars for each of those classes, we likely could pick up an extra six trophies. We had fewer classes and lower attendance at our spring picnic show and the MAFOA board members withdrew their cars from judging so that other people could win a trophy. Plus even if there aren't that many cars the classes should, again in my opinion, be MF/N and CF/N. I look at what changes have been made, paint, wheels and cleanliness. A modified FB is not any better than a MN, and personally, unlike seemingly the majority of owners, I have always preferred the NB to the FB anyway, so I can be objective.

At my age I go to shows several times a year to put some miles on the car, see old friends and meet new ones to talk about our cars and I don't care whether I win a trophy or not . Well that and I 'm also the MAFOA Treasurer/ Membership Director. I do little things with my car and make sure it's pretty for the show. I like that I got a trophy at Carlise , but that's not why I was there. BTW, it always annoys me when someone shows up with a nice custom or modified car and can't take the time to make the front and rear compartments look clean... but I guess they don't really care about getting a trophy either, so no big deal.

So everyone come check out the MAFOA Fiero Show at Neffsville. Good value for your money. Everything is priced reasonably unlike Carlisle and all we need is good weather. We do have a pavilion set aside, so even it isn't, there's cover for the people. Register online at MAFOA.com See you there.

Edited for spelling

------------------
Notchbacks RULE

"Let a man drive a Fiero and he'll own one.
Teach a man to fix a Fiero and he'll own eight....errr...nine."

[This message has been edited by Fierobruiser (edited 07-13-2014).]

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2014 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fierobruiser:

At my age I go to shows several times a year to put some miles on the car, see old friends and meet new ones to talk about our cars and I don't care whether I win a trophy or not .

THAT is how we should all feel regardless of age!
PFF
System Bot
Pegasus88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2014 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pegasus88GTSend a Private Message to Pegasus88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I do believe there were enough cars last year to do seperate classes ... I might just wait till day of show to register to see what classes are available .... Cause I could class my car as daily driver ...

And Pegasus88gt I really like your car bro super nice !! Great job on that !!

Thanks Hardpact! I love your car as well! I can, and probably will, enter in the daily driver class as it is my daily driver but even last year it didn't seem to make sense to have Custom and Modified together. Luckily there weren't any modified fastbacks but I would have a tough job comparing them to judge.

Don't get me wrong I think MAFOA always puts on a great show but I think the number of people you would draw by having more classes would more than warrant the slight price difference to add a few classes and get a few more trophies. Additionally, if numbers are low you could always place the top 2 instead of the top 3 in each class. Numbers at last years show were pretty good though.
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2014 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a registration in the mail ..... I'll pay the extra when I get there to see what classes are there

And yes I go to hang with friends and drive the roads but when you put blood sweat and tears into your car take the time to drive 400 miles one way ..... To go home with something is just a sence of accomplishment !! Plus I'm not that old yet ... Again just my opinion !!

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

FTF Engineering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2014 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pegasus88GT:I think MAFOA always puts on a great show

I agree. And that's why I go. I'm not there for the trophies. What Fierobruiser said!

I'll pay the extra when I get there to see what classes are there

For five bucks you're going to get there the morning and if you don't like the classes you're not going to participate in the Fiero portion of the show?

You don't want to be eligible to cast your votes for any of the class winners?
You don't want your car parked in with the cars that are being judged?
The Neffsville folks will park you with the rest of the Pontiacs instead?

There are often special awards at such events... With a 400 mile drive, if there's a longest distance driven trophy, then you'll probably be in good standing for that! Just making that long of a drive trouble-free would give me a sense of accomplishment! Haha!

I'm just looking forward to a good show and hoping everyone can come and enjoy a good time! See old friends and hopefully make new ones. See some great cars. See some mods that I've never seen before. See some great engineering. Watch people beam and show pride as they answer questions about their cars. Figure out where that weird clip is supposed to attach. Cast my vote for what I think are the winners that day. See great cars win well deserved accolades.

Sounds like five bucks well spent. Trophy? Not on my radar.
amflyer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am taking prereigstrations for this show at face value of 15 dollars per car no more than that. Mason Dixon will not charge any extra for this show. At this time pending on registration of cars we may have 6 classes stock fastback and stock notchback, custom fastback and custom notchback and modified fastback and modified notchback. We will also give out the Mike Mayer memorial best of show award.Your meal is included with the registration no extra charge at all. Member or not you will be welcome, so please contact me @84indy@gmail.com to register. I will keep everyone posted concerning this show.

------------------
NYFOC Member

amflyer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Come out and join us at Neffsville just 15 dollars includes everything no added costs! Register at 84indy@gmail.com. Why pay higher fees when you don't have to! Help us pay tribute to Mike Mayer for his dedication for this show.

------------------
NYFOC Member

Fieronut83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fieronut83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just registered with MAFOA - their rates are the same as yours and unlike you, who appears to be wishing to split apart the already small community, I am happy to support the club's efforts. Aren't you a past president of that club? I used to be a member but for years (2007-2011) didn't receive a newsletter THAT I PAID FOR. No wonder the club's coffers were so full.

I've been out of touch for awhile and can't even log-in to my old account but watching you use a good man's memory for your advantage made me decide to "re-up" as they say in the Army.

Good luck with your mission but I don't have any plans to be a part of it and I hope the rest of the Fiero community sees through your selfishness.

John

PS - In searching for info on this show, I came across your post last year where you were offering the exact same classes MAFOA is offering this year. I find that amusing.
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieronut83:

I just registered with MAFOA - their rates are the same as yours and unlike you, who appears to be wishing to split apart the already small community, I am happy to support the club's efforts. Aren't you a past president of that club? I used to be a member but for years (2007-2011) didn't receive a newsletter THAT I PAID FOR. No wonder the club's coffers were so full.

I've been out of touch for awhile and can't even log-in to my old account but watching you use a good man's memory for your advantage made me decide to "re-up" as they say in the Army.

Good luck with your mission but I don't have any plans to be a part of it and I hope the rest of the Fiero community sees through your selfishness.

John

PS - In searching for info on this show, I came across your post last year where you were offering the exact same classes MAFOA is offering this year. I find that amusing.

John, that is a pretty bold statement for someone that's as you said "been out of touch for awhile"...... there was a lot of inner club issues that led to most of the old officers stepping down (Robb, Mike, Corey, Tom). I'm sure a simple email would clear it all up for you..

As to your not getting the Newsletter, if you noticed you weren't getting it, why wouldn't you have.... oh, I don't know..... maybe sent an email to the club asking why you haven't received it lately. Because, maybe you would have found out that the newsletter actually went through a transitional phase where a new printer was needed as well as a new newsletter director was needed and some people didn't get it because of that (I was one of them). And I'm sure the coffers were overflowing with just your club dues. Seeing's how dues are collected every year, you blindly paid them to not receive a newsletter and didn't bother to find out why when you didn't? I find that hard to believe......
Fieronut83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fieronut83Send a Private Message to Fieronut83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was going to let this die but being as that Mike was a friend of mine outside of Fieros I can't. Mike stepped down because he was ill not because of the inner-club "drama" you are alluding to - end of story. I know the response you claim a simple e-mail will clear up and I also know it's pretty far from the truth. I also know why the newsletter wasn't being printed but kept getting told that it was being "worked on." I wanted to support the club. I had no problem supporting the club even without getting the newsletter but when I see comments such as the ones above in this thread should not be made.

Fiero people need to support each other - end of story. Stop acting like small children and work it out or the community is going to be further fractured due to one man's ego, and that's just plain dumb.

John
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was going to let this die but being as that Mike was a friend of mine outside of Fieros I can't. Mike stepped down because he was ill not because of the inner-club "drama" you are alluding to - end of story. I know the response you claim a simple e-mail will clear up and I also know it's pretty far from the truth. I also know why the newsletter wasn't being printed but kept getting told that it was being "worked on." I wanted to support the club. I had no problem supporting the club even without getting the newsletter but when I see comments such as the ones above in this thread should not be made.

Fiero people need to support each other - end of story. Stop acting like small children and work it out or the community is going to be further fractured due to one man's ego, and that's just plain dumb.

John

Well, I guess you know it all then. Please, forgive me and my ignorance. -Jason
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

People, I just want to say, can we all get along? Can we get along?

Rodney King

PFF
System Bot
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For a guy who hasn't been in it for a while has a crap load to say !!

First of all the newsletter fell apart because the person that put it together used some one that didn't contribute to it with out permission from the president ..... Also how about you try and put one together for the community to see

Yes there's is drama within the club and I'm trying to stay neutral in this whole thing !! I stepped out of my position because I don't have to time to put into the web page that it needs

As for a personal ego .... I support Robb with just about every decision he makes cause it always seems to be the right one !!!!

Now for the mike award ..... Sorry man but I had the idea for it and mentioned it to Robb and he thought it was a great idea !!

Another point to make on all this mafoa wants to put modified/custom fastbacks in one class and modified/custom notchies in one sorry I really don't agree with this !! Don't care what people think any more just want what's fair to all the people that put time in their cars for the certain classes they build them for !!

As for Fierofreak00 ..... Your right on bro !! Maybe just register as indys!!! Lol

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hardpact

1216 posts
Member since Feb 2006

John

You wouldn't know the truth if it smacked you in your face !!

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2014 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Closed by request of OP.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock