Fierosails website gone by Grantman
Started on: 07-03-2014 09:33 AM
Replies: 9 (424 views)
Last post by: no2pencil on 07-03-2014 11:45 AM
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
anyone else notice the fierosails website is gone? not sure when it left the net. Dang I liked that site, so much information on it. Hope Paul is ok.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT fastback SC3800 3.4 pulley, LS1 TB
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee with "big boy" 5.9 motor
1983 Honda Goldwing 1100 Interstate

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was on it just a few days ago.
Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was too, so maybe just a techincal glitch and it will be back up.
jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope so. I hate to see a Fiero site go down...
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As per GoDaddy's Whois Information :

Registrar Status client Delete Prohibited, client Renew Prohibited, client Transfer Prohibited, client Update Prohibited

Created on 2002-04-01 - Expires on 2019-04-01 - Updated on 2014-03-02

Doesn't look like it's an issue where the site expired, but instead GoDaddy got something up their backside to get involved.

** Update **
Wayback machine has a very recent copy of the site : https://web.archive.org/web...ttp://fierosails.com
As well as Google has a cached version (without photos) http://webcache.googleuserc...//www.fierosails.com
If Paul can't get something worked out with GoDaddy, I could clone one of these sources.

[This message has been edited by no2pencil (edited 07-03-2014).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent him an email just in case he's not aware.
seq

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's working for me. What error are you guys getting? hosting, host not found, etc?

DNS lookups return the same IP (23.229.152.36) on both internal DNS (possibly cached), Google's public DNS, and directly from his nameserver (ns41.domaincontrol.com)

Browsing to the site works fine as well from my workstation.

I just bought some vinyl stickers from him about a week ago (arrived Monday), so he's still around.

EDIT: Looks like he's hosted by secureserver.net. I can't get to their website, so it's very likely his host having difficulty,

------------------
--
Seq

1987 Fiero GT : Information | Gallery

[This message has been edited by seq (edited 07-03-2014).]

Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so now it's working for me again. whew!!!
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He said that GoDaddy had notified him that it would be down. They were changing servers being the reason for the down time.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock