Deck wing by Rsvl-Rider
Started on: 07-02-2014 08:08 PM
Replies: 5 (385 views)
Last post by: Sage on 07-03-2014 10:48 AM
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw this deck wing still attached to an 85 GT in the salvage yard. Looks to be fiberglass and has about a 4" square area punched part way through on the rear fascia. Repairable I guess. Looks to be in primer gray with minor scratches and chips. I didn't buy it but I am curious if there would be any interest or value in something like this?

------------------
My rides...
1988 GT with a 3.4L V6 automatic
2006 Harley Sportster
'cause I love the twisties on two wheels or four.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There could be some interest in it. It's a IMSA Fiero spoiler replica. It should have a half moon shape look going over the center key hole on the rear of it, and the extended buttresses along the deckled mean this is the notchback version. It's also sometimes referred to as the "IMSA whale tail" spoiler.

You should easily be able to obtain $100-$150 for it on the second market if it's is in really good shape without any structural or mounting damage.
Lunatic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LunaticSend a Private Message to LunaticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Neat find! It's a shame many cars with unique parts end up in the scrap yards though.
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's so dangerous how that's sitting double stacked on a wheel that's sitting on another..

[This message has been edited by Steel (edited 07-03-2014).]

johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most yards weld the wheels together to make cheap stands for themselves.
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That wing is the DGP/IRM wrap-around wing for the notchback cars.

There are at least two different versions. One version only goes half way down the rear of the decklid, while the other extends all the way to the bottom edge of the lid with a hole cut for the lock.

The original was made by DGP while they were producing the IMSA race bodies, and after IRM bought their molds, another was made with the different configuration.

We (Fierowarehouse.com) have both sets of molds, and have made quite a few wings from both types.

If you think you might want one on your car, and can snag it cheap, I'd advise you to do it, as either one sells for over $300 new. Even just to resell, if you can get it cheap enough.

HAGO!

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited 07-03-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock