One of the Coolest Wings Out There by Pegasus88GT
Started on: 07-01-2014 05:44 PM
Replies: 15 (874 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 07-04-2014 05:19 PM
Pegasus88GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pegasus88GTSend a Private Message to Pegasus88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw this Fiero local to me and could do nothing but laugh when I got to the picture of the wing. To each his own but that wing does nothing to compliment the styling of the Fiero

http://york.craigslist.org/cto/4547610972.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dburger

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-01-2014 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like an aftermarket one for an Eclipse.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dburger:

Looks like an aftermarket one for an Eclipse.

I thought the Eclipse came stock with the high wing like that for a couple of years. I was sure i had read that first it came with the low wing like that and then in following years because of the street racing fad they made the wing taller.

Ah yes, model descriptions lists:

GS-T - 16" Alloy 5 spoke wheels, Grey painted panel around lower body paneling (1995–96), "low rise" spoiler (95-96), "high rise" spoiler (1997–99), double tipped stainless steel exhaust.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 07-01-2014).]

Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-01-2014 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

I remember that. Maybe it was aftermarket for people with older models, but I'm not good with 90s Japanese/ricer mods.

Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dburger:

I remember that. Maybe it was aftermarket for people with older models, but I'm not good with 90s Japanese/ricer mods.

Yeah, I would imagine they could be gotten for older models from the aftermarket, or models that didn't come with the tall wing.
wayneman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waynemanSend a Private Message to waynemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a tower to pull wake boards behind your boat. bahahaha
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is not the same spoiler that is known as the "high rise" used on the 2nd Generation Eclipse. I've been around enough of them to know it... It's some sort of aftermarket fiberglass spoiler. The Eclipse high rise spoiler has a much smoother curvature along the bow, and has straighter and larger attachment points.

I'm not sure what that after market spoiler on that Fiero would possibly look good on. Even more of a crime is whoever installed it tore into what was probably a wingless fastback decklid.

[This message has been edited by Fiero84Freak (edited 07-01-2014).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
それは、猫のお尻です

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 07-02-2014).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

That is not the same spoiler that is known as the "high rise" used on the 2nd Generation Eclipse. I've been around enough of them to know it... It's some sort of aftermarket fiberglass spoiler. The Eclipse high rise spoiler has a much smoother curvature along the bow, and has straighter and larger attachment points.

I'm not sure what that after market spoiler on that Fiero would possibly look good on. Even more of a crime is whoever installed it tore into what was probably a wingless fastback decklid.

Thanks! I wasn't sure if that one was but I was sure that the Eclipse was available at one point with a high rise spoiler similar in "style" to that one.
Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still think my spoiler is better. And more practical.

davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dotrenrew:

I have one like that but its round lol!
PFF
System Bot
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see those wings all the time on ricer Honda's. Kind of reminds me of an Easter basket handle.
Kit
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this the owner?

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dotrenrew:

It's the same one on Facebook that I said it had speed holes.

cmechmann

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We used to say they were for when they break down so you can push it like a shopping cart without having to bend over. The Mitsus were good for wiping out valves when the belt went back then.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To me, the best wing is NO wing....

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock