Pulled the trigger on my first 3800SC by DLCLK87GT
Started on: 06-30-2014 03:34 PM
Replies: 8 (354 views)
Last post by: qwikgta on 07-04-2014 02:09 PM
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should apologize in advance for all the stupid repeat question that I’ll be asking.
I wasn’t quite ready for one but couldn’t pass up the deal; An L67 from an 05 Impala SS with 30k miles. It belonged to former member “Winkie”. He sold a lot of the parts that went to it
(hence the forthcoming stupid questions) and I just got the motor (complete for the most part) exhaust and headers. NO; transmission, wiring harness, coli pack, alternator, alt bracket and no mounts. But it’s a start!
Now for a dumb question or two while I start reading up on this swap.
I plan on using the 4T65E-HD transmission. What year do I need to look for and do I need the axels from it or something else? Options on making them or just buying them.
Best source for a harness
Best source for mounts.
Also, the throttle body, at it's opening it's got a mesh that reminds me of the inside of a cat converter and appears to be cracked. Problem? Replaceable?
Now to the archives! Thanks in advance.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh no another potential addict. Are you prepaid for what lies ahead? Man all I can say is I hope you have a lot of money and an understanding wife. WHY? Well you need the money for gas. WHY? Because you will find yourself constantly pushing down on the "GO" pedal to hear the sweet wine and feel the g force pushing you back in the seat. You will need $$ for sessions for "aggressive driver management" classes. Why? because your wife will not like the way you drive and she will refuse to ride with you until you learn to drive conservative. Why the understanding wife? Because she will get tired of you wanting to go for a ride or to Fiero or car shows. So prepare yourself! Oh.... it might be suggested that you go see a shrink or something because they will say something is wrong with you, because You are always grinning.

You have been forewarned my friend!!!
Oh welcome to the club!
Steve W.
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am no expert by far, with that said... I'm just ahead of you as I plan to install my 3800 Wednesday, I have collected everything needed and just waiting for my custom fuel rails to arrive. Like you im also in south Jersey, I was able to have the axles made locally for use with the WCF engine mounts. PM if you have any questions or need info, I've been doing a ton of reading on this swap.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JCircs:

I am no expert by far, with that said... I'm just ahead of you as I plan to install my 3800 Wednesday, I have collected everything needed and just waiting for my custom fuel rails to arrive. Like you im also in south Jersey, I was able to have the axles made locally for use with the WCF engine mounts. PM if you have any questions or need info, I've been doing a ton of reading on this swap.

Are you prepared for what lies ahead? Did you read my post above?

LOL
dcarrd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcarrdSend a Private Message to dcarrdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you forgot about $$ to pay for the speeding tickets...there will be plenty lol
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dcarrd:

you forgot about $$ to pay for the speeding tickets...there will be plenty lol

Well so far I have been lucky. But............

LOL
DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:
Oh no another potential addict. Are you prepaid for what lies ahead? Man all I can say is I hope you have a lot of money and an understanding wife.

AH-HA! See this is where i DID plan ahead. Last fall i picked up a sweet little 88 2M4 FOR my wife! Only issue is i can't get the damn thing to run but that's a whole other saga.

Originally posted by JCircs:
I plan to install my 3800 Wednesday

What are you pulling out of yours that you're replacing with the 3800??

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 07-01-2014).]

JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Are you prepared for what lies ahead? Did you read my post above?

LOL

Yes I did and no I'm not. But I did it anyway

Originally posted by DLCLK87GT:

What are you pulling out of yours that you're replacing with the 3800??

A meth injected 3.4 turbo intercooled with a 4T60 transmission.

To this

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 07-01-2014).]

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used WCF mounts. $400 but its a 30 min bolt on. I picked up a 2003 SII harness from a Impala and made my harness, using Ryan's print out (GMTuners). My motor is a 04, so I wired it up as a 03 because the 03 used the same trans as the later years. Not finished, but here is my link.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089035.html

Rob

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 07-04-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock