Self introduction by Djordhan
Started on: 06-30-2014 08:42 AM
Replies: 4 (162 views)
Last post by: Neils88 on 06-30-2014 08:13 PM
Djordhan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DjordhanSend a Private Message to DjordhanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

I just want to introduce myself since I will probably be posting a lot of question (hopefully I'll find them on this forum first!). So let's do this.

I'm 29, turning the fatal 30 in two months and I never really been into mechanics. I love cars like any little boy love cars, I make engine and drifting noise with my mouth every now and then and I prefered exotics to muscle cars. Basically because I liked the sound. I owned a manual 350 Camaro when I was 18 with dual 4 inches exhausts and then, forgive the expression, I pooped my pants. That sound and torque..

I bought my first Fiero in 2004. It was an 84 2M6 automatic t-top. I've been told they are quite rare (the t-tops). Once I tried to remove a part of the t-top while driving (at low speed). I ended up with just a half roof. I been able to sell the other half to a guy who was doing a Ferrari replica. Then I had no roof.

I had overheat issue, stuck in traffic, on a bridge. I had transmission issues, no reverse. One day, I put the pedal to the floor in neutral, I heard a noise in the transmission, and the reverse went back! I had to bleed the transmission just to find out the liquid in there was all gooey and sticky, with big chunk of something that looked like expired milk..

Anyway! I had to stop using the car then someone bought it for a few bucks to do races on ice.

It's been 10 years and I still want my Fiero back! Last week I saw a 85 GT for sale at 1500$, all new brakes, exhausts and fire system. Great! The ad said the shifter cable was broken. Not that bad. Once on site, I'm told that the problem is in the transmission itself. I look at the interior of the car, complete mess. Totally destroyed. The engine is 180k and there are little problems on almost every parts of the car. BUT, I want it... It's now only 1200$ and I plan on rebuilding it anyway.

So that's my story with the Fiero world. I hope I'll be part of this world again soon!

JD
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum

T-tops are rare, however any car earlier than 1988 had them added by aftermarket even at the dealer, the only year they were officially part of teh vehicle from the factory with an "rpo" code listed on the vehicle sticker was 1988.
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You saw a Fiero for sale with a "fire system "?
Could you elaborate on that?
Kit
Djordhan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DjordhanSend a Private Message to DjordhanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh sorry about the "fire system" :P I translated from french (english is not my native language)!

I meant the ignition system? Everything related to fuel and ignition...spark plug, starter, injector...things like that Not the fire system by default in 84 models
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bienvenue à PFF! Beaucoup d'informations précieuses. Assurez-vous que vous utilisez la fonction de recherche.

(sorry about my French...I usually get my wife to translate for me, lol)

Did you pick up the car? Definitely post some pics and describe all the work you are planning on doing. Make a build thread to capture everything as you go.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock